*** ibiza gossip 2019 ***

From Dixon's instagram :

transmoderna
a navigation through global phenomena, in real life and in virtual reality
a fracture through the idea of clubbing
a fissure in your dreams
a funthasma

come and join her this summer

Hahaha fantastic. Some of these press releases are just amazing aren't they. This is up there with Richie Hawtin's. At the end of the day it's a bloke playing records.

Now the big question : what's next @ Pacha for Saturday night? If Paris by Night and the anoying Bob Sinclair are out, how Pure Pacha s'gonna look like? EDM night is my bet (with Carola, Dixon and Solomun they dont need another "underground" night, plus they probably want to replace Guetta). Stivi any indications?

Now the big question : what's next @ Pacha for Saturday night? If Paris by Night and the anoying Bob Sinclair are out, how Pure Pacha s'gonna look like? EDM night is my bet (with Carola, Dixon and Solomun they dont need another "underground" night, plus they probably want to replace Guetta). Stivi any indications?

pure pacha existed way before bob sinclar was part of it. and pure pacha has been a house music night for ages. and that's what it's gonna be. not really underground and not EDM neither.

more when it's good to go, as usual ;)

this also just out :)

53685684_2358495284163313_5193825503475138560_n.jpg

with the Opening Party being the 24th May it will be indeed a massive Opening weekend:
Friday: IMS + Dixon Opening
Saturday: Cocoon20 + Elrow Opening
Sunday: Solomun Opening
Monday: DC10 + Cocooon Opening

Probably one of the best Opening Weekends ever!?!?
Totally agree! Flights already booked...

yesterday we were talking about maceo and mosaic in Pacha... I'm curious to see what Dixon can bring different from maceo! I know it's friday, but 3 parties (music on, transmoderna and solomun +1) at pacha, with everything else around the island, seems just too much.

I've already highlighted why I think Music On will work, however I got a feeling that Transmoderna and Solomun will canibalize one another. Who will "win", dixon or solomun that's my question.

(I know that Dixon has a lot of followers and was RA pretty boy... however Maceo has more followers there than Dixon...)

Any thoughts on this? Am I the only one who thinks it's just too much?

yesterday we were talking about maceo and mosaic in Pacha... I'm curious to see what Dixon can bring different from maceo! I know it's friday, but 3 parties (music on, transmoderna and solomun +1) at pacha, with everything else around the island, seems just too much.

I've already highlighted why I think Music On will work, however I got a feeling that Transmoderna and Solomun will canibalize one another. Who will "win", dixon or solomun that's my question.

(I know that Dixon has a lot of followers and was RA pretty boy... however Maceo has more followers there than Dixon...)

Any thoughts on this? Am I the only one who thinks it's just too much?

I think the main difference between Maceo and Dixon is their music style. Maceo is electro house/techno. His line ups were techno. Len Faki, Ben Klock, Modeselektor at Pacha? And Maceo had Eric Prydz and Resistance as competitors.

Dixon might not sell full vip but for sure line ups will be house music oriented. I think his music is much more deeper than Solomun and i have failed to met a person who is a fan of both Carola and a Dixon.

He competes with Defected and David Guetta (!) at the moment. Dont know about Amnesia though.

I think the main difference between Maceo and Dixon is their music style. Maceo is electro house/techno. His line ups were techno. Len Faki, Ben Klock, Modeselektor at Pacha? And Maceo had Eric Prydz and Resistance as competitors.

Dixon might not sell full vip but for sure line ups will be house music oriented. I think his music is much more deeper than Solomun and i have failed to met a person who is a fan of both Carola and a Dixon.

He competes with Defected and David Guetta (!) at the moment. Dont know about Amnesia though.
I put marco in another category as I've explained earlier.

Regarding Maceo and Dixon, you are totally right in your comments, I was refering to another post I made here, where I said that Maceo's party was all about the music, and that was the main reason people went there. I can see the same happening with Dixon. Not so much an Instagram party, like Music On or Solomun. That was the base of my comparison between them.

(Unfortunately) Ibiza is all about hype... people go there to see and be seen... they want the max return for their buck and they want to be perceived as cool. "purist" elctronic music lovers will be delighted with those fridays (me included)... is that enough to fill a place like Pacha every friday? I don't know...

pure pacha existed way before bob sinclar was part of it. and pure pacha has been a house music night for ages. and that's what it's gonna be. not really underground and not EDM neither.

more when it's good to go, as usual ;)
So a house party. I'm excited! Will it be better than Claptone on Mondays?

most people who will go carola @ pacha would might want to go to dixon also @ pacha.

pacha should have left atleast one night between the two parties, thursday & saturday- so people don’t attend one to attend the other & not going to the same club twice in a row.

excellent night, excellent venue for dixon @ pacha but bad timing.

most people who will go carola @ pacha would might want to go to dixon also @ pacha.

pacha should have left atleast one night between the two parties, thursday & saturday- so people don’t attend one to attend the other & not going to the same club twice in a row.

excellent night, excellent venue for dixon @ pacha but bad timing.

Naa will keep the Carola crowd away?

Back