*** ibiza gossip 2019 ***

Is Artwork getting Wednesday nights for his 'Art's House' party?

He's running a competition on insta including a trip to Ibiza for Art's House @ Pikes on a Wednesday. Could be a one off or is it a new Wed night residency?

This is what I find personally find quite strange about this thread. But just my opinion. I know everyones got favourite nights and DJs but this constant "will they ,wont they" , "is venue X such a good place for the innervisions (or whoever) brand?" etc all just seems a bit OTT about what is ultimately some people playing records and others dancing! But if people enjoy it crack on!

It takes a special kind of nerd to break down and analyse something which is meant to be care-free and fun (like raving in Ibiza ) into such minute detail. I can’t help but thoroughly enjoy doing it though ?

Is Artwork getting Wednesday nights for his 'Art's House' party?

He's running a competition on insta including a trip to Ibiza for Art's House @ Pikes on a Wednesday. Could be a one off or is it a new Wed night residency?
Interesting. It certainly looks that way. That’s a great giveaway he’s offering too. Does that also imply Harvey back at Pikes on Mondays seeing as they are closely aligned and he’s guesting at the festival?

Ya they split the job and that sucks. One stays in Europe and the other tour mostly in American.
I thought you were joking but googled it and realise its true.

Imo that's a bit pathetic as most the general population including myself until now thought it was just one dj.

I thought you were joking but googled it and realise its true.

Imo that's a bit pathetic as most the general population including myself until now thought it was just one dj.

Why is it pathetic? Above and Beyond have been that way for years. If their families are based where they do, makes perfect sense.

Why is it pathetic? Above and Beyond have been that way for years. If their families are based where they do, makes perfect sense.
Above and beyond didn't hide it behind a mask. There was usually 2 out of 3 at each gig.

Maybe pathetic is the wrong word. But is it common knowledge that there's 2 Claptones? Do the people in the crowd know they could be listening to one of 2 Claptones?
How do you know which one your getting, it's just a load of shite in my opinion.

Claptone self promote as one person. Above and beyond promote as a unit and say in advance who will dj where and when. Claptone have clearly been very well managed. To get to where they have this summer has required playing a long game to achieve their objective, but they executed the business plan brilliantly. The residency this summer answered a few questions about them.

Claptone self promote as one person. Above and beyond promote as a unit and say in advance who will dj where and when. Claptone have clearly been very well managed. To get to where they have this summer has required playing a long game to achieve their objective, but they executed the business plan brilliantly. The residency this summer answered a few questions about them.
All for the love of HOUSE ?

Last edited:
Really? Jokes aside, do you really think that? Imagine buying tickets to see Carl Cox or whoever and when you get there, it’s actually a doppelgänger playing a Carl Cox mix tape pretending to be him. Soha is right, it is pathetic. It’s a new low and a massive kick in the teeth to anyone who is actually decent and cares about this game.

To be fair, Claptone can get away with having two of himselves performing because it goes together with his whole illusionist persona. It's actually really funny. I will ASSUME however, that both of an have a hand in the productions and remixes.

If anyone else did this id be pissed tho

There's a long post on here from a few years ago (maybe by Kim?) about how before the internet and before DJs became god-worshipped, nobody knew what they looked like. So you rocked up at an illegal rave advertising Carl Cox or Sasha, but had no idea whether it was them who turned up.
Of course, the mask is a gimmick. Where Claptone is concerned - the smoke and mirrors thing is really his entire shtick. Is it all a bit silly? Well, yes. But then again, to counter the "isn't it all about the music?" argument, surely if the music is good enough, it doesn't matter which one of them is playing? (Or wearing) Either you like the music and accept the gimmick? Or dislike the music and consider the gimmick a pointless distraction? Can't imagine there's anybody outside of those two groups or an overlap.
On the subject of "groups" how many times do promoter advertise a DJ duo, only for one of them to turn up? Several that stick in my memory are CamelPhat, Adriatique and Chase & Status.
Then there's the case of Âme - quite a respectable act in the grand scheme of things - yet a lot of people within the scene still don't really understand how that dynamic works.
Getting back on point he (they) makes & plays vocal house that is accessible to the masses. I find it pretty non-offensive, though it isn't to my personal taste. Where Pacha is concerned, he is surely the perfect fit. Especially given the rest of their weekly programming. And with Circo, Cocoon or Pyramid and IDOL already on Mondays, it's a balanced piece of programming without completely succumbing to EDM or reggaeton territory.
In the modern age where allegedly credible producers employ ghostwriters and others buy Instagram likes, it's hardly the biggest deception going.

Last edited:
Re: the big Sept 13th date event hint -

It has to be something at Ushuaia. Last year they had that big charity event with a slew of DJs

Back