*** ibiza gossip 2019 ***

Gonna be hard for Claptone to compete with Cocoon/Pyramid and Circo. I wish this was on weds
I agree with @Thomas Cliche, I don't think it will be a problem to be honest, in fact it's an alternative for those who are not into the stuff played at those events.

Re: Claptone, someone also mentioned that he is on the "rise" i think he has risen quite some time ago. Not someone i typically follow or anything but I think he is pretty solid and at the forefront of truer and traditional "house" music at least IMO. I'm not one to listen or go check any of the glitterbox/defected stuff, but i do generally think Claptone is good. His Essential mix from a few years back is really really good, I sort of see him as a Solomun just without funky dance moves and never strays into a heavier sounds as Solomun can slide towards some heavier sounds at times.

As others mentioned too, I see no direct competition between Claptone and Circo/Pyramid/Cocoon, totally different audience and I can see Claptone doing well at Pacha seems like a good fit to me. Also I'm not defending it and i even could be wrong, but i think Claptone was wearing the mask before social media even existed lol, yes there are two of them (i thought of them was mainly the dj and they produced together, also could be wrong) but they're not young and have been around a long time and am pretty sure the weird masks were always part of the routine.

I love Drumcode and would love to see a residency but I do think they may need to be Drumcode & Friends to really have enough pull for a whole season, especially if it was Amnesia.

Drumcode & JC alternating rooms would surely do the trick!

I could be getting confused here but i thought this was already happening (beyer and JC b2b exclusively for Resistance). Beyer's popularity has certainly grown exponentially over last few years but i dont see him carrying a night over a season with or without friends lol.

To someone elses point i forget who, yes his Junction 2 thing has taken off, but that wont work in Ibiza as 75% of those dj's that play the festival already either have other residencys of their own or play for someone elses.

I've heard of claptone but the mask thing I only heard today.. I should Google more..and now there's two..

For me personally, there's some overlap between Claptone, cocoon/Pyramid and Circo. I like all three parties. I have 3 Mondays booked but I still have issues!

100€ for the combo ticket? LMFO, have fun ?

you can get the ushuaia bit (first 12 hours) for as little as 40€. and hi alone is 60€ (second 12 hours) which is the same as what other prime parties cost. now, most regular partes run for 7-8hours these days...

no one forces you to take the combo ticket, but genuinely, you get a full 24hr of raving for the combo ticket and a lot of headliners. maybe it's not your thing, but I think the offer is really good if you're up for a marathon session. I know you can get that at berghain for 17€ (if you get in), but we're in ibiza.

on afterlife comments, I think we can all agree the line ups were fab last year (and I expect more of the same this year). as for the experience, the forum clearly was and keeps being divided about it. personally, I think the fact they seem to go up against music on this summer might actually be a good thing in terms of crowd mix (which was the main flaw in my personal view).

anyway, it's not gonna get boring :)

I think the fact they seem to go up against music on this summer might actually be a good thing in terms of crowd mix (which was the main flaw in my personal view).

Very good point actually, this might very much work in their favour. It’s a shame that something like Dystopia at Ushuaia wasn’t on Thursday. That would also help a lot too.

What does weird me out (as I wrote above) is supposed clubbers celebrating 'brands' with all the fervour of management consultants

This is what I find personally find quite strange about this thread. But just my opinion. I know everyones got favourite nights and DJs but this constant "will they ,wont they" , "is venue X such a good place for the innervisions (or whoever) brand?" etc all just seems a bit OTT about what is ultimately some people playing records and others dancing! But if people enjoy it crack on!

you can get the ushuaia bit (first 12 hours) for as little as 40€. and hi alone is 60€ (second 12 hours) which is the same as what other prime parties cost. now, most regular partes run for 7-8hours these days...

no one forces you to take the combo ticket, but genuinely, you get a full 24hr of raving for the combo ticket and a lot of headliners. maybe it's not your thing, but I think the offer is really good if you're up for a marathon session. I know you can get that at berghain for 17€ (if you get in), but we're in ibiza.

don't get me wrong, I personally like the line-up, but 100€ for one rave is ridiculous (in relation to the market prices in the rest of Europe, even if you add the "Ibiza surcharge") - if you even can call it "rave" at these locations... that's my private opinion of course :)

According to the line-up and the rough timetable, there are a few question marks for me. I love Denis Horvat, but does he fit for an Ushuaia afternoon session? How does Andrea Oliva fit to the other artists (in general a more technoish floor)?

This is what I find personally find quite strange about this thread. But just my opinion. I know everyones got favourite nights and DJs but this constant "will they ,wont they" , "is venue X such a good place for the innervisions (or whoever) brand?" etc all just seems a bit OTT about what is ultimately some people playing records and others dancing! But if people enjoy it crack on!

I do agree with this, and I like many others do this. I think we said a few pages back that it really does seem to be an Ibiza thing. I believe people hold memories of certain DJs in certain venues in Ibiza so close to the front of their memories / hearts - as they associate it with holidays, weekends away, sunshine, letting go, and escaping the month of rain that you might get in June in London.

Also, some of the comments come from some of us having been going to Ibiza for a number of years, and you get a sense of what will / will not work. As I have said before, you put Dixon (for example) in any venue in London - and people will not question the venue - they just go and enjoy the music. In Ibiza, a whole debate will start about if the venue is right, if the crowd is right etc. Also, some people only have 2 or 3 nights a year in an Ibiza club..... so they absolutely want all of the factors (DJ, Crowd, Venue, Vibe) to be right - and I understand that. Anyway, I am waffling now... But that is my two cents....

don't get me wrong, I personally like the line-up, but 100€ for one rave is ridiculous (in relation to the market prices in the rest of Europe, even if you add the "Ibiza surcharge") - if you even can call it "rave" at these locations... that's my private opinion of course :)

According to the line-up and the rough timetable, there are a few question marks for me. I love Denis Horvat, but does he fit for an Ushuaia afternoon session? How does Andrea Oliva fit to the other artists (in general a more technoish floor)?
Well, I see your point but in this case it's not just a rave. When you go to venues like Hï you are exposed to clubbing cutting edge technology. The sound, the lights, etc are not the same that in a rave. Also, the production for the Opening made by The Night League, who are amazing artists, is exclusive for that night, you won't see anything like that the rest of the season. And you pay for that, of course.

no one is forced to get the combo ticket man. if you think it's ridiculous then that's fine. it's your opinion and I understand it's a lot of money. I will only compare within ibiza, but to dance for 24hrs and see all those artists, you would normally have to buy 3 different tickets and that would work out more than 100€ for sure.

as for horvat and oliva...people can't imagine ben klock playing a set in the middle of the day in the sun outdoor, yet I have seen it and it's worked great. I'm sure denis will adapt a little too. I understand your point though. as for andrea, I'm honestly not his biggest fan, but I've once seen him playing quite a decent and techno-ey set in dc10 so he can adapt too.

if you want you'll always find negative stuff somewhere but I'll stick to what I said, I think they've done really well with this.

I do agree with this, and I like many others do this. I think we said a few pages back that it really does seem to be an Ibiza thing. I believe people hold memories of certain DJs in certain venues in Ibiza so close to the front of their memories / hearts - as they associate it with holidays, weekends away, sunshine, letting go, and escaping the month of rain that you might get in June in London.

Also, some of the comments come from some of us having been going to Ibiza for a number of years, and you get a sense of what will / will not work. As I have said before, you put Dixon (for example) in any venue in London - and people will not question the venue - they just go and enjoy the music. In Ibiza, a whole debate will start about if the venue is right, if the crowd is right etc. Also, some people only have 2 or 3 nights a year in an Ibiza club..... so they absolutely want all of the factors (DJ, Crowd, Venue, Vibe) to be right - and I understand that. Anyway, I am waffling now... But that is my two cents....
Fair points mate ?

no one is forced to get the combo ticket man. if you think it's ridiculous then that's fine. it's your opinion and I understand it's a lot of money. I will only compare within ibiza, but to dance for 24hrs and see all those artists, you would normally have to buy 3 different tickets and that would work out more than 100€ for sure.

as for horvat and oliva...people can't imagine ben klock playing a set in the middle of the day in the sun outdoor, yet I have seen it and it's worked great. I'm sure denis will adapt a little too. I understand your point though. as for andrea, I'm honestly not his biggest fan, but I've once seen him playing quite a decent and techno-ey set in dc10 so he can adapt too.

if you want you'll always find negative stuff somewhere but I'll stick to what I said, I think they've done really well with this.
Are you going to both events?

Are you going to both events?

I'm pretty sure I'll pop in at some point. if it's both venues and for how long I'll probably only decide that day, depending on workload and urge for partying really. normally I get my dose of damian lazarus at dc10 opening, but since that will be just the day after I can't imagine he'll pop up there too so I might go see him at odyssey instead.

w
I'm pretty sure I'll pop in at some point. if it's both venues and for how long I'll probably only decide that day, depending on workload and urge for partying really. normally I get my dose of damian lazarus at dc10 opening, but since that will be just the day after I can't imagine he'll pop up there too so I might go see him at odyssey instead.
what is the likely circoloco opening date?

Back