*** ibiza gossip 2019 ***

Why is claptone popular enough to get a Pacha residency? Or, Ibiza residency at all for that matter?

Why is claptone popular enough to get a Pacha residency? Or, Ibiza residency at all for that matter?

I would say he's become pretty big. got a bigger following than carola or sven on socials which can be a pointer as well.

whether it'll be popular enough - we shall see!

I would say he's become pretty big. got a bigger following than carola or sven on socials which can be a pointer as well.

Really? That’s interesting. Just not on my radar at all, when I’ve seen him before he hasn’t brought the crowds and I’ve never been impressed. But each to their own. I didn’t realise he was already popular.

As sad as it is, I‘m 100% sure that mask has at least some to do with it as well. Makes him recognizeable with the instagram crowd.
I was trying to avoid mentioning that! He was one of the early exponents of facial distortion wear.

When I’ve seen him previously I couldn’t accuse him of playing edm or tech house, it’s was just middle of the road house without personality. I always wonder why he has those status / plaques up at the airport detailing his summer ibiza bookings. No one else does anything like that and they can’t come cheap.

As soon as you get off the plane You can see a lot of ads and billboards with that mask.
With that support everyone could be more popular than Sven...

Besides, who cares about the headliner at Pacha on Friday? 1%?

As soon as you get off the plane You can see a lot of ads and billboards with that mask.

it's not friday and generally (with the exception of elrow), the headliner is still the reason most tickets are sold for a party...

I concur. Claptone is clearly on the rise. Won't miss my opportunity to see him @ Pacha on Mondays...

I concur. Claptone is clearly on the rise. Won't miss my opportunity to see him @ Pacha on Mondays...

People asking why he invested so much in that advertising at the airport? Seems the above is why! I will be honest, I have never actually heard a start to end set by him, but some of his play-lists I have listened too, and sounds OK from a House perspective (i.e. tube to work music).

Without stoking the fire, isn't this night really just going to be a Defected night in all but name? Not saying that is a bad thing at all....

I’d never heard of him until I landed the other year and see all the masks

Without stoking the fire, isn't this night really just going to be a Defected night in all but name? Not saying that is a bad thing at all....
I guess it will depend on actual lineups as Defected have a very specific and defined roster of DJs for their parties in my opinion. But initially from a musical perspective I think yes.
Crowd will be different though from Pacha to Eden I think.

I perhaps unkindly and unfairly dismissed the Daft Punk, Deadmau5 and Claptone masks as gimmicks when the reality is the masks are in actual fact a significant component of each DJ's core branding strategy in reaching out to a new younger, receptive target demographic and a wider audience of potentially interested customers who compose a rapidly evolving and increasingly lucrative 21st century interactive marketplace, representing a veritable digital audiovisual revolution in seasonal-based night and daytime entertainment and leisure opportunities.

It's not even ONE person. It was confirmed earlier that there are at least two Claptones....
It's an act that plays some popular tech-house rehashes of classics. Imhonot worthy of a residency.

I perhaps unkindly and unfairly dismissed the Daft Punk, Deadmau5 and Claptone masks as gimmicks when the reality is the masks are in actual fact a significant component of each DJ's core branding strategy in reaching out to a new younger, receptive target demographic and a wider audience of potentially interested customers who compose a rapidly evolving and increasingly lucrative 21st century interactive marketplace, representing a veritable digital audiovisual revolution in seasonal-based night and daytime entertainment and leisure opportunities.

Boris Brejcha wears one for a laugh

Back