*** ibiza gossip 2019 ***

I'm wondering if Resistance or if any of the other countless promotions cut into it. Tuesdays were just to competitive

Tuesdays in August were ultra competitive, at one point you had Resistance at Privilege, Calvin Harris at Pacha and Prydz at Hi all at the same time, but surely Hi would just move Prydz to another night if that was the issue

Prydz didn't show up one night of his residency in HI last season. Camelphat, Solardo en Cristoph had to carry the night and switch between rooms and did some b2b's.
He has a tendency of no-shows for festivals in Europe. The usual excuses: broken tourbus, the flu, unforeseen circumstances.

Could it have something to do with this?

I'm not really sure this is a fair statement, without being offensive to anyone, Mexico is can pretty lawless without getting into specifics but you can catch my drift. that cant happen in Ibiza in this day and age. I'd been to BPM for 5 years running before it even got big (i suppose years 3-7 or whatever it was exactly) and they just had the capability to do things like events at Blue Venado that Ibiza couldn't. Blue Venado was literally in the middle of nowhere without anyone to be bothered by loud music playing until 2pm from a party that started 11pm night before, in Tulum it's mostly the same.

Were many of the BPM party's great, most definitely and I'm sure I guess its Sound doing the promoting for the Tulum events, I'm sure those are great too. But Mexico is an entirely different animal than Ibiza so i dont think there is much to compare, but many of the BPM events especially those daytime parties at Cannibal Royale had a real Ibiza type feel and atmosphere and it helped big time it was literally on the water.

I know they are different. But there is no excuse for the current state of closing times and open air events. NYC has more lax rules than Ibiza and there are literally people on top of each other here. Don’t want this thread to turn into Ibiza vs Mexico, but the events I’ve been to in Mexico recently have been better than most in Ibiza.

I have a feeling the ultra competitive night this summer might be fridays. nothing to do with prydz though

Music on, Defected, Hot Since 82 at Pacha, any others? We're back in August and land Friday night and will be straight out. Leaning towards Defected so far for the Friday

can‘t say any more right now re fridays

cream...think they‘re gone but I might he wrong, let‘s see

Music on, Defected, Hot Since 82 at Pacha, any others? We're back in August and land Friday night and will be straight out. Leaning towards Defected so far for the Friday

I'm guessing something new on Fridays at Hï, or maybe Cream going there. I'm hoping for a new underground night as music on and Labyrinth didn't really hype me up

can‘t say any more right now re fridays

cream...think they‘re gone but I might he wrong, let‘s see

While Cream has had a few bad summers in Ibiza, it's still a huge brand and Creamfields is of course the UK's largest Dance festival. Surely it's be worth Eden giving them some Euros to take that night on?

Prydz didn't show up one night of his residency in HI last season. Camelphat, Solardo en Cristoph had to carry the night and switch between rooms and did some b2b's.
He has a tendency of no-shows for festivals in Europe. The usual excuses: broken tourbus, the flu, unforeseen circumstances.

I think all that is a bit scurrilous. He was ill. He let people know on the day that he wouldn’t be there. I’m not aware he has a rep for no shows at all. His night at hi was heaving so I don’t think he or hi will have been at all bothered with the competition, so much so they continued for a second year.

Last edited by a moderator:
While Cream has had a few bad summers in Ibiza, it's still a huge brand and Creamfields is of course the UK's largest Dance festival. Surely it's be worth Eden giving them some Euros to take that night on?
Different gravy. Cream Ibiza has long since had nothing to do with cream and creamfields

He doesn’t fly does he?

I think Eden will be fine with Shine.
PVD as the headline, that'll cover the trance crowd on the island.

Back