*** ibiza gossip 2019 ***

They have great line ups too. The past year Elrow has given me great sets by Topping, Osuna, Fitzpatrick, William Djoko, Art Department, Heidi, Dennis Ferrer etc.
Obviously its everyone's personal opinion and while I agree some of those artists are capable of very good sets its rare you get more than 1 of those on a single line up, and they would have a set time of 90 minutes (unless playing an all night long set). You only have to look a the London line ups, especially that Elrow Town, to see how poor some of their line ups really are!

Ibris Elba, AN ACTOR, was headlining FFS!! I am aware he does do some DJing but come on!

Obviously its everyone's personal opinion and while I agree some of those artists are capable of very good sets its rare you get more than 1 of those on a single line up, and they would have a set time of 90 minutes (unless playing an all night long set). You only have to look a the London line ups, especially that Elrow Town, to see how poor some of their line ups really are!

Ibris Elba, AN ACTOR, was headlining FFS!! I am aware he does do some DJing but come on!

Yeah Shy FX was a very strange choice as well

To be fair Ibris was a DJ before he was an actor - although he is not my bag and he charges ££

I remember when a few people on here jumped on the band wagon of slating Kristian Nairn playing Mambo, not knowing he had been a DJ for over a decade.

As I said last week
IMG_20190109_125212.jpg

Atleast Elba is actually a part time DJ. The Elrow show in Dublin had Kevin Kilbane playing as a gimmick ploy for two tracks. The rest of the lineup was very poor of which they only revealed after the event had been sold out. But as previously stated, the majority do not go to see who is playing.

Speaking of Woomoon. Their party in Tulum was charging $200 per tickets. Not sure if the hippies sold out or it was just a Mexico thing.

Am here in Tulum now and this place is built for Woo-moon / Burning Man set ... Tickets for the events are pretty pricey too ... Didn't go to Woo-moon but paid $100 US for Rumors / Guy Gerber and $70 for Solomun/Dixon ... Well run events and good fun (drinks reasonable once you were in ~£4 beer / water ... Red Bull £3!)

Am here in Tulum now and this place is built for Woo-moon / Burning Man set ... Tickets for the events are pretty pricey too ... Didn't go to Woo-moon but paid $100 US for Rumors / Guy Gerber and $70 for Solomun/Dixon ... Well run events and good fun (drinks reasonable once you were in ~£4 beer / water ... Red Bull £3!)

Any drive by shootings today? Or all calm?

snapped from one of the local newspapers on 21/12/18:

6yjcwn.jpg

Re: Mr Why post on Tulum drive by shootings:

if you're asking about safety then I'd say it seems okay - its not Europe but I haven't felt unsafe just a bit more of the need to keeps your wits about you ... By all accounts a dead body was found at one of the big Sound Tulum events on NYE but seemingly locals settling scores ... Tourist s are more likely to be scammed by cops / taxi .... (and they need to sort out the wifi / 4G as actually wrote this about 4 hours ago)

Re: Mr Why post on Tulum drive by shootings:

if you're asking about safety then I'd say it seems okay - its not Europe but I haven't felt unsafe just a bit more of the need to keeps your wits about you ... By all accounts a dead body was found at one of the big Sound Tulum events on NYE but seemingly locals settling scores ... Tourist s are more likely to be scammed by cops / taxi .... (and they need to sort out the wifi / 4G as actually wrote this about 4 hours ago)

I actually disagree about 4G. Let the service be crappy. Nobody on their phones at these parties which is awesome.

And yeah parties were great. People just don’t go home there, packed dancefloors until 10am.

Ibiza could learn a lot from Mexico when it comes to throwing a party.

Back