*** ibiza gossip 2019 ***

Am I right that they completed their season in August last year?

yeah. they went to burning man and that was it. but I can‘t see this happening in 2019. IMO sept and even oct would be the best months for them

yeah. they went to burning man and that was it. but I can‘t see this happening in 2019. IMO sept and even oct would be the best months for them

Yeah, that's why I was surprised at the early finish.

On another note..... Not sure if its been mentioned before, but the Gumball 3000 Rally hits Ibiza again this year. Last time (I think) it came was 2014. At the time I was staying in Evissa, trying to get an afternoon nap when 100+ cars with the most annoying horns ever drove into town. Needless to say that the crowd that this attracts is rich, male with so much time on their hands they can drive from Mykonas to Ibiza in a classic car in mid-June

3000 MILES | 100 CARS | 8 DAYS | 10 COUNTRIES
MYKONOS | THESSALONIKI | PORTO MONTENEGRO | VENICE
| MONACO | BARCELONA | IBIZA
In celebration of Gumball's 21st Birthday, we are excited to announce that the rally will start and finish on two of the most iconic party islands in the world.
Taking place 7-15 June 2019, get ready to start with a two-day celebration in Mykonos, before travelling through a further 8 countries as we proceed to Ibiza where the rally will conclude with a weekend long party.

This, will be...The Battle of the Islands.

Mykonos v Ibiza here we come - follow the link to secure your place!

https://www.gumball3000.com/blog/mykono-to-ibiza

to put any doubts to bed, this is the latest I know:

- elrow stays at amnesia
- elrow will do a few daytime shows at ushuaïa, similar to last year.

obviously all 'subject to change'...
I didn't make that very clear, did I... :)

I wonder if Ushuaia will continue with Dystopia this season? Personally I loved the bouncy inflatable that was designed as a womens womb + the yoga of course

I loved Dystopia too, liked seeing new underground djs playing at Ushuaia besides the usual names at Ants.

I think they will continue it. They're doing an event in Tulum and don't think they would if they weren't planning on continuing it

to put any doubts to bed, this is the latest I know:

- elrow stays at amnesia
- elrow will do a few daytime shows at ushuaïa, similar to last year.

obviously all 'subject to change'...
Last year they only did July and August. Hope they serve the audience in other months this time too.
One every month would be good.

Danny Kay on twitter saying Guetta's FMIF will take Thursdays Hi slot, with Afterlife moving into Tuesday and Prydz no residency???? Hope this is wrong personally, planning Resistance that day

NOOOOOO. Elrow's peak audience is surely July and August? Lets keep it that way.

They get a bad reputation, and I get why people don’t get it, but they have some good all night longs in the Amnesia main room if you stay away from the madness of the Terrace. Pan-Pot, Seth, Ilario Alicante, Ricky Ahmed all night long on a Saturday night is pretty good!

They get a bad reputation, and I get why people don’t get it, but they have some good all night longs in the Amnesia main room if you stay away from the madness of the Terrace. Pan-Pot, Seth, Ilario Alicante, Ricky Ahmed all night long on a Saturday night is pretty good!
Pan Pot all night long were incredible at Elrow.

Alan fitzpatrick was brilliant all night long in september

I don't understand why there is a bad reputation. I only experience that opinion here. Techno, tech-house or house was not just made for dark bunkers.
I love it when I'm entertained during the night out, confetti showers, stilt walkers, acrobats. Elrow does a really nice job in decoration.

The only thing I understand and can agree with is the audience. I was there last year in June and July and the audience sucked in comparisation with Elrow audience in the Netherlands, Belgium, Germany.

I don't understand why there is a bad reputation. I only experience that opinion here. Techno, tech-house or house was not just made for dark bunkers.
I love it when I'm entertained during the night out, confetti showers, stilt walkers, acrobats. Elrow does a really nice job in decoration.

The only thing I understand and can agree with is the audience. I was there last year in June and July and the audience sucked in comparisation with Elrow audience in the Netherlands, Belgium, Germany.

I've voiced my opinion a few times already. yes, elrow do a fantastic job with decoration and everything that happens on and around the dancefloor - basically everywhere in the club. to me it was fun the first few times. and very seldomly I still see something new and I laugh for a second. but the stilts, confetti etc etc etc...nowadays it bores me. I'm too much of a purist clubber for something like that, I don't need that many fancy lights etc - I am there for the music and I am entertained by that alone (that's if the music is good). and yeah, don't get me started about the elrow crowd...

I don't think techno or house is only made for dark bunkers, but if the music is good enough, everything else is just superfluous gimmick and annoys more than it helps. a few cool lights, an ice cannon for a place like ibiza where it's 30degrees C on the dancefloor and above all a good soundsystem and I'm happy.

I've voiced my opinion a few times already. yes, elrow do a fantastic job with decoration and everything that happens on and around the dancefloor - basically everywhere in the club. to me it was fun the first few times. and very seldomly I still see something new and I laugh for a second. but the stilts, confetti etc etc etc...nowadays it bores me. I'm too much of a purist clubber for something like that, I don't need that many fancy lights etc - I am there for the music and I am entertained by that alone (that's if the music is good). and yeah, don't get me started about the elrow crowd...

I don't think techno or house is only made for dark bunkers, but if the music is good enough, everything else is just superfluous gimmick and annoys more than it helps. a few cool lights, an ice cannon for a place like ibiza where it's 30degrees C on the dancefloor and above all a good soundsystem and I'm happy.

Well said I always ask the "elrowers" if they have ever listened to a live set from an elrow event or know who was DJing... The answer is 90% NO.

They call me a twisty f***er but as you said I think more of a purist clubber is the correct term.

Back