*** ibiza gossip 2019 ***

I actually disagree about 4G. Let the service be crappy. Nobody on their phones at these parties which is awesome.

And yeah parties were great. People just don’t go home there, packed dancefloors until 10am.

Ibiza could learn a lot from Mexico when it comes to throwing a party.

You do have a point here but not strictly true given the Mexican dealers are always on there phones even to the extent that we saw one running basically a mobile advert with screen banner promoting there wares .... @craig72 has got this bang on ... (just back from Afterlife party (and very strange it was too)

Mexico have learn from the old ibiza of course ! But hey , Mexico is just 10 days a years ! Was there for 3 months in 2015 and except the bpm week , you can’t compare with ibiza

FYI, It’s about a full month now in a different location than BPM was.

Anybody think CamelPhat could have their own residency this summer? They are gettin' globaly real popular (also here in North America), I know their pre-Prydz @ Hï last year was really popular + they are Brits...

Anybody think CamelPhat could have their own residency this summer? They are gettin' globaly real popular (also here in North America), I know their pre-Prydz @ Hï last year was really popular + they are Brits...

I‘m sure they‘ll be at hï somehow, but I very much doubt they could carry a night on their own

Thing is with camelphat is they are known as producers for a handful of tunes which have gone popular in the mainstream. Not sure they have built enough credibility as DJs to sustain a residency though.

I actually disagree about 4G. Let the service be crappy. Nobody on their phones at these parties which is awesome.

And yeah parties were great. People just don’t go home there, packed dancefloors until 10am.

Ibiza could learn a lot from Mexico when it comes to throwing a party.

I'm not really sure this is a fair statement, without being offensive to anyone, Mexico is can pretty lawless without getting into specifics but you can catch my drift. that cant happen in Ibiza in this day and age. I'd been to BPM for 5 years running before it even got big (i suppose years 3-7 or whatever it was exactly) and they just had the capability to do things like events at Blue Venado that Ibiza couldn't. Blue Venado was literally in the middle of nowhere without anyone to be bothered by loud music playing until 2pm from a party that started 11pm night before, in Tulum it's mostly the same.

Were many of the BPM party's great, most definitely and I'm sure I guess its Sound doing the promoting for the Tulum events, I'm sure those are great too. But Mexico is an entirely different animal than Ibiza so i dont think there is much to compare, but many of the BPM events especially those daytime parties at Cannibal Royale had a real Ibiza type feel and atmosphere and it helped big time it was literally on the water.

Any reasons why? That night was pretty popular... I know Prydz don't tour much. I guess it's is own decision

His live gigs are arguably the most impressive out there in electronic music from a sound, light and production point of view, so maybe they just want to limit his appearances and keep his gigs rare and special.

He generally seems to do what he wants to do though, unlike others who seem to follow the crowd.

Back