*** ibiza gossip 2019 ***

Discussion in 'Ibiza parties and clubs' started by stivi, Oct 18, 2018.

1. Nobbie Q

Nobbie Q Active Member

I'm sure the Ibizan promoters are well aware, it's just the government being all restrictive unless that's what you were referring to

2. Neo95gt

Neo95gt Active Member

Yeah the gov is what I’m talking about.

3. NilSatis

NilSatis Active Member

Several posts later and Im still reeling from Kevin Kilbane on the decks at Elrow.

BareBen91, Evolution, Browny and 4 others like this.
  4. craig72

craig72 Well-Known Member

Mexico you have El chapo in the dj box thinking well One more tune means more drug sales... where in ibiza you have el stopo thinking let get them out of here and onto my daytime after party venue..

5. craig72

craig72 Well-Known Member

We have a radio station here that does Tony Cascarino club classics every week..seriously..
    IMG_20190110_091449.jpg

NilSatis, DCAmbrose and matter like this.
  6. aregandj

aregandj Active Member

Or could you say Mexico learned a lot from Ibiza...

jimmiz and mr_why like this.
  7. Zapclub93

Zapclub93 Member

You do have a point here but not strictly true given the Mexican dealers are always on there phones even to the extent that we saw one running basically a mobile advert with screen banner promoting there wares .... @craig72 has got this bang on ... (just back from Afterlife party (and very strange it was too)

craig72 likes this.
  8. greg1183

greg1183 Active Member

Mexico have learn from the old ibiza of course ! But hey , Mexico is just 10 days a years ! Was there for 3 months in 2015 and except the bpm week , you can’t compare with ibiza

Zapclub93 likes this.
  9. Neo95gt

Neo95gt Active Member

FYI, It’s about a full month now in a different location than BPM was.

10. LuckyBlueSuit

LuckyBlueSuit Active Member

@stivi any news on the rumour prydz isn’t going to have a residency?

11. Thomas Cliche

Thomas Cliche Member

Ya, that's something I aslo want to know.

12. Thomas Cliche

Thomas Cliche Member

Anybody think CamelPhat could have their own residency this summer? They are gettin' globaly real popular (also here in North America), I know their pre-Prydz @ Hï last year was really popular + they are Brits...

13. stivi

stivi Super Moderator Staff Member

AFAIK it‘s a fact...but until confirmed it keeps being a rumour

14. stivi

stivi Super Moderator Staff Member

I‘m sure they‘ll be at hï somehow, but I very much doubt they could carry a night on their own

Nobbie Q likes this.
  15. Crawleytown

Crawleytown Member

Thing is with camelphat is they are known as producers for a handful of tunes which have gone popular in the mainstream. Not sure they have built enough credibility as DJs to sustain a residency though.

16. LuckyBlueSuit

LuckyBlueSuit Active Member

Oh dear. Mrs LBS isn’t going to happy and makes any effort for me to get to Ibiza infinitely tougher.

17. Thomas Cliche

Thomas Cliche Member

Any reasons why? That night was pretty popular... I know Prydz don't tour much. I guess it's is own decision

18. Browny

Browny Well-Known Member

Sure i read somewhere it was so he could tour. I could be completely wrong mind

19. Chris L

Chris L Active Member

I'm not really sure this is a fair statement, without being offensive to anyone, Mexico is can pretty lawless without getting into specifics but you can catch my drift. that cant happen in Ibiza in this day and age. I'd been to BPM for 5 years running before it even got big (i suppose years 3-7 or whatever it was exactly) and they just had the capability to do things like events at Blue Venado that Ibiza couldn't. Blue Venado was literally in the middle of nowhere without anyone to be bothered by loud music playing until 2pm from a party that started 11pm night before, in Tulum it's mostly the same.

Were many of the BPM party's great, most definitely and I'm sure I guess its Sound doing the promoting for the Tulum events, I'm sure those are great too. But Mexico is an entirely different animal than Ibiza so i dont think there is much to compare, but many of the BPM events especially those daytime parties at Cannibal Royale had a real Ibiza type feel and atmosphere and it helped big time it was literally on the water.

Thomas Cliche and CasaNegron like this.
  20. Nobbie Q

Nobbie Q Active Member

I'm wondering if Resistance or if any of the other countless promotions cut into it. Tuesdays were just to competitive