*** ibiza gossip 2019 ***

Might be naive but I don’t believe those figures at all. Solomun great and all that but he isn’t gonna be commanding David guetta, Calvin Harris money. That’s superstar money and he really isn’t as well known outside house/techno circles. Although gta might give him more status I would agree. If he is then on average he must be doing 4 gigs a week in summertime at £600 grand a week. ?

Think you would be surprised how much Solomon costs.

afterlife closing line up is out. strong roster and 10pm start.

Was doubting of going afterlife after reading all the reviews but the line up got me well excited!! I wished for Rodhad, Ben, Mathame and Stephan and got all 4!! Plus the rest is class too!!

Just hope the crowd will be better than what I have read from the reports. It's October and it's closing, so should be better, right?

Those that have been Hi already, how is the sound system there? Specially in the club room?

Think you would be surprised how much Solomon costs.
Yes.. it's really about where they play.. our local has them queing up to play, because they know it will be a great night and they have to be on their A game..lol. fair play to them taking the big money now and again in. Ibiza,Vegas, Dubai ect.. gotta pay those bills.. Dixon and Solly played a bar in Dublin years ago after playing the night before for Free while waiting for a flight the next night..

If true I stand corrected. Can imagine he is getting good money for his plus 1 nights as it’s his own promotion I’m sure . Don’t get me wrong I love what the guy does but when I mention the name solomun, even to young clubbers I always get a puzzled look and a who? And for that reason he is not on a par with the Vegas dj’s. If his getting that every gig Very impressive although I Didn’t think there was that much money floating around the clubbing/dance festival scene.

If true I stand corrected. Can imagine he is getting good money for his plus 1 nights as it’s his own promotion I’m sure . Don’t get me wrong I love what the guy does but when I mention the name solomun, even to young clubbers I always get a puzzled look and a who? And for that reason he is not on a par with the Vegas dj’s. If his getting that every gig Very impressive although I Didn’t think there was that much money floating around the clubbing/dance festival scene.

for any 'underground' (ahem) party, those three I've mentioned are currently the ones that make the difference in terms of filling/selling out a place. yeah they get less than guetta, harris etc, but especially for festivals their fees are also really high. it's true though that the fee can be far lower in a small club.

Solomun has played in Vegas the past couple of years and he also plays on the main stage at tomorrowland and tomorrowland is ultimately the world stage so he is known everywhere
The young clubbers these days only know whats hype on IG.... Fisher or Michael Bibi

The majority of Vegas DJ's have albums/hits. That is where they make up their earnings

Solomun has played in Vegas the past couple of years and he also plays on the main stage at tomorrowland and tomorrowland is ultimately the world stage so he is known everywhere
The young clubbers these days only know whats hype on IG.... Fisher or Michael Bibi

The majority of Vegas DJ's have albums/hits. That is where they make up their earnings
When did he play Vegas? AFAI remember he never did
It was announced some years ago but never happened tho

whatever country I'm in, these are automatic no-nos for me

• hi viz stewards everywhere
  • security fences everywhere
  • shitty stages
  • crap sound
  • under 25s
  • massive branding
  • massive advertising
  • multi lineups thrown together without a care for whether the DJs gel or not

100%

the problem is that what's offered on paper often differs from the reality. DJs at festivals (and indeed DC10..) are more time-pressured and have to keep the crowd onside so they are forced to unleash the big guns one after the other. But if that DJ made their name taking the crowd on a journey, doesn't that simply defeat the whole point? any clown can drop massive bombs - takes real skill to take it in a more subtle direction. I get that some people just want to let off steam and that's fine but then why is the promoter booking THAT DJ and not Mr Professional Crowd Pleaser DJ - maybe [/cynical] because it's someone more 'famous' who a casual crowd will think ooh yeah that sounds good. And that's why DJing is getting messed up as an artform imo

I can see where you are coming from with the under 25s bracket, but they are not all like that and I speak from experience chez diver.

My 20 year old spent her whole Ibiza holiday in August trying to avoid "THE OBs" (her words). She would have loved to go to see Harvey.

In December she came with me to LG all night in Manchester, sober as she had to drive me to and from the venue:D, as I enjoy nights more with alcohol.

Last edited:

How do you know who young clubbers like ?Plenty of my younger friends are into a lot the Berlin techno djs and not fisher etc for example.

I seen one of your videos you have put on in the past about your Ibiza trip and from what I remember you werent exactly going to the most underground nights or you weren’t the most clued up clubber. Which is cool you were enjoying yourself.

Stop judging others for their tastes so much or thinking you know it all because you don’t nor does anyone else on here.

It’s cool to have an opinion about a genre but there’s no need to moan about something all the time.

Last edited:

In terms of a money maker and return on investment, I doubt you could find any DJ right now that matches Solomun (maybe with the exception of Guetta and Harris). He attracts an older crowd with more money to spend, the money Pacha must do in VIP on his night must be colossal. If you wanted either him or Marco to play a private event, you will pay 6 figures. The normal club and festival scene I agree will be less.

I can see where you are coming from with the under 25s bracket, but they are not all like that and I speak from experience chez diver.

My 20 year old spent her whole Ibiza holiday in August trying to avoid "Ocean Beachers" (her words). She would have loved to go to see Harvey.

In December she came with me to LG all night in Manchester, sober as she had to drive me to and from the venue:D, as I enjoy nights more with alcohol.

There’s a lot people on this forum who tend to forget they were under 25 once.

I think it’s awesome you have been clubbing with your daughter ? I’d love to that in the future

an obscene amount. clearly depends on a number of factors (venue size, relationship with promoter etc etc), but mind blowing amounts of money.

We have booked two of the three you mention in the last few years.
spill the Beans?
Ive heard Solly is around 15k?

Question about Raresh.....I know next to nothing about him so have been reading up - sounds interesting.
Anyone heard him play?
He's at Pyramid Sept 9th and am hoping you can get me excited........ahem.

Question about Raresh.....I know next to nothing about him so have been reading up - sounds interesting.
Anyone heard him play?
He's at Pyramid Sept 9th and am hoping you can get me excited........ahem.

romanian minimal house. check out a few sets of him (or rhadoo or petre inspirescu)

My 20 year old spent her whole Ibiza holiday in August trying to avoid "THE OBs" (her words). She would have loved to go to see Harvey.

yes obv there's always exceptions and good on you both - but I personally feel more comfortable around jaded, cynical, ageing, whingeing, mentally dysfunctional rave carcasses and (on a good night) somewhere like Pikes offers that in abundance.

Back