*** ibiza gossip 2019 ***

What I Heard : Sometimes they dont earn sooo mich. For example : To Play in Berghain is good for the Carrer and the credibility. So they are cheaper. Sometimes its a Sportscar at one good evening. But only for the biggest ...

Bad sound quality / Bad food / Poor Alcohol choice / Portaloo's....

Though I did see Vids from Paradise at Creamfields and that did look like a great production.
But then you find out about the theft on site... Cars being broken down for parts or into and with the SW4 stabbings recently and the wearefstvl queuing problems and then on top of that the deaths... It isn't looking great for UK festivals this year
SW4 stabbings? I live down the road and must have missed this on the news. SW4 is many things (expensive, quiet sound system, not many actual djs anymore) but it’s always been pretty relaxed atmosphere wise.

I've had a fantastic night at circoloco this week. genuinely nothing I could criticise.

it was the perfect level of busy, the programming was great from 21:30 to close (garden first and then terrace all night), the music was fantastic and the crowd was great. am sure the fact solomun had his diynamic showcase at amnesia helped two of those factors (level of busy and crowd in general), but I truly had one of my best nights at circoloco in years this week.

Were you at cocoon last week @stivi?

Yeah I thought I seen you there, wasn’t sure though. I enjoyed Biceps set in the main room which totally emptied after it!

I think you're being a bit naive on the 'other costs' + also the fact that DJs agents would let a venue make that much money when quoting their talents rates

^^this

when you book a dj they will ask you the capacity of the room and how much you plan on charging and base the dj's fee accordingly.

and if you later charge more to get in than you originally told the agency, good luck getting their talent at your venue in the future.

^^this

when you book a dj they will ask you the capacity of the room and how much you plan on charging and base the dj's fee accordingly.

My local club booked MK at the height of Look Right Through. God knows why, as it was a clear money maker, but none of the established promoters wanted it - so some young buck with about 3 events under his belt took it on for the glory. Venue itself is only 350 capacity, but they apply for TENs at various times of the year - mostly bank hols - and use the adjacent street to triple the capacity.

Anyway, 350 sold straight off. Club owner and promoter get greedy, release another batch of tickets and apply for the TEN. MK and his manager turn up expecting to play this intimate, underground venue - and there's a whole street cordoned off for the party and 1,000 people inside.

Manager puts a call into the agent, and long story short is he refused to play until it was agreed his fee was considerably raised. Stung the green promoter, as event is sold out in advance, so no extra cash on the door and of course he's already spent what he thought was profit.

Club obviously found the money from somewhere, paid the extra fee and then used the leverage to swindle the promoter. Imagine that: booking the biggest name in dance music at the time, selling out your party but simultaneously sullying your reputation and relationship with the venue all on the same day. He didn't throw any more parties after that and was practically driven out of town by the angry mob.

Manager puts a call into the agent, and long story short is he refused to play until it was agreed his fee was considerably raised. Stung the green promoter, as event is sold out in advance, so no extra cash on the door and of course he's already spent what he thought was profit.

The Agents always win. With DJs seems it's one extreme to the other. They're either virtually begging to play for free or they're making thousands a night.

What I Heard : Sometimes they dont earn sooo mich. For example : To Play in Berghain is good for the Carrer and the credibility. So they are cheaper. Sometimes its a Sportscar at one good evening. But only for the biggest ...

Some clubs for sure are crucibles for success. For example not many had heard of Rødhåd before he started playing Berghain regularly alongside his Dystopian parties. I heard him there and was blown away by his set. Then he is appearing on lineups in UK from smaller venues like Motion in Bristol (where the crowd didn't really get him at all) moving into bigger London parties / festivals - and the set style changed to suit the crowd with his experience just like Ben Klock etc. (The LITE version is born and sadly for me the magic is lost a bit !!). But he starts to actually make a good living and the temptation for those DJs must be very big to do that. Similar thing used to happen at Circoloco - Tale of Us were billed with the Terrace early warm-up crew. Look at them now !

I am pretty sure venues like Sisyphos and ://about blank pay very little in DJ fees.

Ame would get close to 15k, solomun and Marco at the other end of the spectrum.

Marco is not 'that' big of a name outside Ibiza-UK-Italy. Solomun on the other hand...

Ame, Dixon and Adriatique all played in my city, in a club of 1000-1200 capacity. I doubt they got more than 10k. Ticket prices were 20-30 usd.

Might be naive but I don’t believe those figures at all. Solomun great and all that but he isn’t gonna be commanding David guetta, Calvin Harris money. That’s superstar money and he really isn’t as well known outside house/techno circles. Although gta might give him more status I would agree. If he is then on average he must be doing 4 gigs a week in summertime at £600 grand a week. ?

Back