*** ibiza gossip 2019 ***

interesting how the term "chinstroker" is almost spat out on this forum at times. File alongside "leper" or "sex offender"

a chinstroker's only real crime imo is to care too much - but if people stop caring, then the whole IBZ brand collapses like a deck of cards and we (yes, YOU and ME) will all be thrown into latin trap or sheeran hell, because right now that is where the real money is...
I haven't seen it used in a way similar to either leper or sex offender, just in a way that implies people going to a party are taking things too seriously...

interesting how the term "chinstroker" is almost spat out on this forum at times. File alongside "leper" or "sex offender"

a chinstroker's only real crime imo is to care too much - but if people stop caring, then the whole IBZ brand collapses like a deck of cards and we (yes, YOU and ME) will all be thrown into latin trap or sheeran hell, because right now that is where the real money is...

Look at what happened to Burning Man, full of throbbers these days.

ya'll need to chill the f- out and let people enjoy what they enjoy. Of course, I say this when my general music loving friends hate on deep techno stuff from Tale of Us or even more on real techno. I guess that's when my own chin stroking comes into effect

I haven't seen it used in a way similar to either leper or sex offender, just in a way that implies people going to a party are taking things too seriously...

in the same way certain folk take me too seriously - it's not like I stand at checkpoints outside shit parties with a kalashnikov

Of course, I say this when my general music loving friends hate on deep techno stuff from Tale of Us or even more on real techno. I guess that's when my own chin stroking comes into effect

indeed - there is always some other schmuk further down the tastechain. anyone with no inner-snob is (probably) a liar

+ anyway the bottom line is I apparently look like Quagmire in Family Guy and take all chin-related posts very personally. That's all this is.

No Skream at Elrow on the 7th Sept now???? Looks like he is playing 5 hours in London at Magazine. Kolsch now on all night long. Not what I wanted to find out.

Where you seeing this? Amnesia needs to get their act together, but to be fair, Skream also cancelled an all nighter in Toronto last month.

Also, anyone have the Circo Loco lineup for next week?

Where you seeing this? Amnesia needs to get their act together, but to be fair, Skream also cancelled an all nighter in Toronto last month.

Also, anyone have the Circo Loco lineup for next week?

Attachments

• C05A842F-EFF5-4B92-8D7D-EDE0FF70BDFA.jpeg
    C05A842F-EFF5-4B92-8D7D-EDE0FF70BDFA.jpeg
    150.4 KB · Views: 36
Saw he was listed to play in London on the 7th on the Magazine website. Checked the Elrow website and they have updated the listing. He confirmed it on Twitter as well. Looks like the Mazagine night is with Desparado (beer) and Elrow. They have just moved his booking.

In response to the Circo Loco lineup-

Thanks, looks like the choice is clear- I'll be devoting my night to Cocoon. This isn't really a strong a Circo lineup, but FJAAK and Pan-Pot are interesting additions.

Saw he was listed to play in London on the 7th on the Magazine website. Checked the Elrow website and they have updated the listing. He confirmed it on Twitter as well. Looks like the Mazagine night is with Desparado (beer) and Elrow. They have just moved his booking.

Yes, I just saw Elrow's website and you're right. Also, Mele has been taken off as well. This is really disappointing, and I wonder if they allocated more of their budget to Kolsch and Mele was the casualty. I do prefer Kolsch over Skream generally, so this might still be interesting still, but I had Skream on "bucket list" and was hoping to cross him out lol. I wonder what happened.

I need some rest days in my clubbing schedule so this might be the night to be dropped.

Haha - this reminded of a time when a group of airport ground staff (assume their shifts had just finished?!) on the terrace, in uniform, wearing rubber masks of famous politicians (George Bush, Saddam Hussein) and dancing with their 'pointer sticks' things that they use to direct planes on the tarmac. ?

One Monday afternoon when I was there the Spanair runway crew showed up in full uniform on the terrace, clearly on a break...did a samba line all the way around the terrace, taking shots and whatever else people were handing them, then disappeared back to the other side of the fence....a huge energy boost to the room although that also was the day I vowed not to fly out of Ibiza on Spanair again....

Last edited:
Look at what happened to Burning Man, full of throbbers these days.

See the IMS panel from 2018 :)

Actually we're doing a part 2 of that panel for Paris Electronic Week later next month...expanding the scope to cover dance music culture in general, as opposed to just Ibiza culture.

In response to the Circo Loco lineup-

Thanks, looks like the choice is clear- I'll be devoting my night to Cocoon. This isn't really a strong a Circo lineup, but FJAAK and Pan-Pot are interesting additions.

Yes, I just saw Elrow's website and you're right. Also, Mele has been taken off as well. This is really disappointing, and I wonder if they allocated more of their budget to Kolsch and Mele was the casualty. I do prefer Kolsch over Skream generally, so this might still be interesting still, but I had Skream on "bucket list" and was hoping to cross him out lol. I wonder what happened.

I need some rest days in my clubbing schedule so this might be the night to be dropped.

Mele is still on the listing that I saw.

Does raving really have to be the most serious chin stroking thing in the world all the time? can you not just fancy going out, getting a bit worse for wear and enjoying yourself. Surely that is what dance music, at its core, is all about at the end of the day.

For what it’s worth I’ve never been to Elrow, but I can tell it won’t be my thing. So I don’t go. Can see that a lot of people enjoy it though, and good for them. No skin off my nose...
Whatever happened to Just going out..

No Skream at Elrow on the 7th Sept now???? Looks like he is playing 5 hours in London at Magazine. Kolsch now on all night long. Not what I wanted to find out.

Im afraid this is Elrow's doing. (so no I'm not always defending them nor working for them).
The 7th of sep Elrow is hosting a party with Desperados in London and it seems they moved him to that one.
That sucks.

A lot of music I like is filled at a venue full of teens that consume far too many drugs and/or it is filled to capacity.... In a way it pushes I feel, the likes of me and my age group way from attending these events.

When your music taste evolves, if you still want to go out partying, more options will open up where that's not the case !

At the age of 32 I feel that it is a tricky age to find the right place to 'never' go... A lot of music I like is filled at a venue full of teens that consume far too many drugs and/or it is filled to capacity.... In a way it pushes I feel, the likes of me and my age group way from attending these events. Then you wittle down to what is left.... and.... You're left with events full of teens

I agree that event organisers this year are getting greedy and UK events are starting to feel oversold with rougher crowds.

Abode @ Tobacco Dock this year was an overcrowded mess in comparison to the previous year, on the off chance you did find some space you would then need to spend 10-15 minutes getting in/out again if you needed the toilet/air. I'm 30 myself and can't really be arsed to deal with that kind of overcrowding at a UK event (more accepting of it in Ibiza as you kinda expect it for some events).

WEARE felt a bit off & weird when we'd really enjoyed it previous years.

Eastern Electrics had four stabbings https://mixmag.net/read/men-stabbed-london-festival-eastern-electrics-news.

For Ibiza I'd try Cocoon if you haven't already, much nicer crowd and a decent level of busy, went for the first time this year and it was one of the highlights of the trip. Abode seems to get a nicer crowd in Ibiza than the UK too and has always been solid musically while not being too busy.

Back