*** ibiza gossip 2019 ***

Forgot about that era of DC10!! I once went with a diving mask and snorkel, no idea why but seemed the right thing to do ?
Haha - this reminded of a time when a group of airport ground staff (assume their shifts had just finished?!) on the terrace, in uniform, wearing rubber masks of famous politicians (George Bush, Saddam Hussein) and dancing with their 'pointer sticks' things that they use to direct planes on the tarmac. ?

About ibiza clubbing, it's not a question of age, it's about how long you are coming and what did you lived here...
I know some people older than me that just come since a decade or less, they can't understand my statements about the nightlife in ibiza.

the age-gap on here has probably never been bigger - there are maybe 3 different generations simultaneously writing on here. Those at one end inevitably have nada in common with those at the other. it's difficult to get good debates going because a lot of people will often have no idea what you're talking about or resent the debate being had at all. I'm sure there are now people coming on here born in the 21st century, who have never heard of manumission or in some cases don't even remember myspace. so how do we have any meaningful dialogue when we are essentially martians to each other?

this is why it is game over for the likes of me. we are being shunted aside by alien lifeforms and there is nothing we can do about it except convene at places they would never go to. So lets protect those places for as long as possible (or at least until the last man drops).

I remember myspace.... It was always better than facebook and even more so now.

At the age of 32 I feel that it is a tricky age to find the right place to 'never' go... A lot of music I like is filled at a venue full of teens that consume far too many drugs and/or it is filled to capacity.... In a way it pushes I feel, the likes of me and my age group way from attending these events. Then you wittle down to what is left.... and.... You're left with events full of teens

Tomorrowland / Musicon saves me

You are and I value your opinion, your ibiza past pictures are brilliant, and I actually share most of your views on music/the scene,,, but I don't need to try and belittle people that disagree.

There's plenty of healthy debate on these forums but I usually wouldn't class most of your posts in the healthy debate category. Which is a shame because you clearly have greater knowledge of ibiza and music than most people myself included.

I apologise if you feel my comments were condescending or belittling.

I'm 35-40 years old. I think it's all about what you tell yourself. I like to try different things.
I went to Drift, Cutting Heads, Circoloco, Prydz, Pikes for the music. I go to Elrow, Woomoon, Zoo Project for the full experience indeed....meeting fun people of all ages, doing some crazy stuff with the entertainers.
And again, limited DJ's? This year alone I've heard Adam Beyer, Joris Voorn, Kolsch, Loco Dice, Ilario Alicante and Jamie Jones at Elrow Events.

Feels like I'm fighting against a common biased opinion on this forum...that it's not cool to like Elrow or it's not cool to go to a themed party instead of going to something more underground. I do agree Amnesia in July / august might not be the best place to experience it fully. Too busy and the stag party feeling I can understand. I would suggest to try Barcelona once in your clubbing life then.
I'm 42 and love Elrow.

I've been to it in Vista, Space, and Amnesia, as well as NYD in Barcelona, and some of the London events (338, Tobacco Dock, Elrow Town).

The London events are by far the weakest, Vista was amazing, Space was fantastic too. Elrow on New Year's day is brilliant, but can be a struggle for people that don't like busy events.

I like my music - one of my best sets last year was Pan Pot Open to Close at Elrow Opening in late May.

I do feel like I've done it a fair bit now, and unless certain people we know are there, we tend not to go as much.

I'm 35-40 years old. I think it's all about what you tell yourself. I like to try different things.
I went to Drift, Cutting Heads, Circoloco, Prydz, Pikes for the music. I go to Elrow, Woomoon, Zoo Project for the full experience indeed....meeting fun people of all ages, doing some crazy stuff with the entertainers.
And again, limited DJ's? This year alone I've heard Adam Beyer, Joris Voorn, Kolsch, Loco Dice, Ilario Alicante and Jamie Jones at Elrow Events.

Feels like I'm fighting against a common biased opinion on this forum...that it's not cool to like Elrow or it's not cool to go to a themed party instead of going to something more underground. I do agree Amnesia in July / august might not be the best place to experience it fully. Too busy and the stag party feeling I can understand. I would suggest to try Barcelona once in your clubbing life then.
Do you work for Elrow, spill the beans Mr EL...

Says it all really. Never understand why people just wouldn’t go the pub or see if a mate is having a birthday party?

Not really the same, is it? You're not going to bosh pingers in the pub.. I go for the atmosphere (not Elrow atmosphere) and people, as well as the music. As I've said loads of times on here before, I'll probably spend more time yakking to people in the chill out bit of a club than I will dancing... unless it's a DJ I really want to see. If I just want to concentrate on music, I can do it better at home while making the dinner.

Says it all really. Never understand why people just wouldn’t go the pub or see if a mate is having a birthday party?

Does raving really have to be the most serious chin stroking thing in the world all the time? can you not just fancy going out, getting a bit worse for wear and enjoying yourself. Surely that is what dance music, at its core, is all about at the end of the day.

For what it’s worth I’ve never been to Elrow, but I can tell it won’t be my thing. So I don’t go. Can see that a lot of people enjoy it though, and good for them. No skin off my nose...

interesting how the term "chinstroker" is almost spat out on this forum at times. File alongside "leper" or "sex offender"

a chinstroker's only real crime imo is to care too much - but if people stop caring, then the whole IBZ brand collapses like a deck of cards and we (yes, YOU and ME) will all be thrown into latin trap or sheeran hell, because right now that is where the real money is...

interesting how the term "chinstroker" is almost spat out on this forum at times. File alongside "leper" or "sex offender"

a chinstroker's only real crime imo is to care too much - but if people stop caring, then the whole IBZ brand collapses like a deck of cards and we (yes, YOU and ME) will all be thrown into latin trap or sheeran hell, because right now that is where the real money is...

There are still great raves/parties for "old people". No big guns, dancers...blabla. Just music.
Happening in Lausanne this week end.

Back