*** ibiza gossip 2019 ***

That's not encouraging. I'm booked for Elrow next Saturday since I've never been to one before, and so many friends have said what a great time it is. I remain skeptical. ? Maybe if I pregame enough on the bridge...

Saturdays line up for Elrow this week is also one of the weakest of the season for me...

That's not encouraging. I'm booked for Elrow next Saturday since I've never been to one before, and so many friends have said what a great time it is. I remain skeptical. ? Maybe if I pregame enough on the bridge...

Saturdays line up for Elrow this week is also one of the weakest of the season for me...

It is and so are most of them, but the one on Sept 7th is great and the one I'll be attending for the first time ever at Amnesia after these years it's been there. @TheGreatRabbit you should go to that one instead, as I notice you're on the island until the 10th. Skream is doing open to close in the club room, and you have Joris Voorn, Kolsch and to a lesser extent Mele in the Terrace.

It is and so are most of them, but the one on Sept 7th is great and the one I'll be attending for the first time ever at Amnesia after these years it's been there. @TheGreatRabbit you should go to that one instead, as I notice you're on the island until the 10th. Skream is doing open to close in the club room, and you have Joris Voorn, Kolsch and to a lesser extent Mele in the Terrace.

After 15 years of visiting Ibiza the 8th sept will be my first Elrow visit. The line-up promises to be awesome

El Row isn't known for attracting serious music lovers. The event is just above a commercial EDM partly, entry level stuff.
I know I'm being lured in the same discussion that was done roughly 100 pages ago...
But the line ups for this season in Amnesia alone had:
Adam Beyer, Joris Voorn, Basement Jaxx, Ilario Alicante, Paco Osuna, Skream, Riva Starr, Kolsch, Erick Morillo, Eats Everything
Outside of Amnesia, last Barcelona edition had:
Kink, Ame (live), Chris Stussy, East End Dubs
The Elrow Town festivals are strong with:
Jamie Jones, Loco Dice, Alan Fitzpatrick, Waff, 2manyDj's.
And if anyone would take some time to listen to a few of their residents, they'll be surprised by Tini Gessler and Bastian Bux imho.

Entry level stuff is pure nonsense. Some people just like more entertainment and decoration and others want a dark place with lasers.
I totally agree the line up for 31/8 looks weak compared to the rest of the season. 7/8 looks amazing though. And the theme, El Rowcio, is one of the best.

I know I'm being lured in the same discussion that was done roughly 100 pages ago...
But the line ups for this season in Amnesia alone had:
Adam Beyer, Joris Voorn, Basement Jaxx, Ilario Alicante, Paco Osuna, Skream, Riva Starr, Kolsch, Erick Morillo, Eats Everything
Outside of Amnesia, last Barcelona edition had:
Kink, Ame (live), Chris Stussy, East End Dubs
The Elrow Town festivals are strong with:
Jamie Jones, Loco Dice, Alan Fitzpatrick, Waff, 2manyDj's.
And if anyone would take some time to listen to a few of their residents, they'll be surprised by Tini Gessler and Bastian Bux imho.

Entry level stuff is pure nonsense. Some people just like more entertainment and decoration and others want a dark place with lasers.
I totally agree the line up for 31/8 looks weak compared to the rest of the season. 7/8 looks amazing though. And the theme, El Rowcio, is one of the best.

Can guarantee 80%+ of the people that go aren't influenced by who is playing and probably don't even know who most of the DJs are. Seen numerous posts over the years of people saying they like DJ El Row.

As said before, a poor mans Cirque Du Soleil for people with low attention spans who want to boost their Instagram profiles.

Can guarantee 80%+ of the people that go aren't influenced by who is playing and probably don't even know who most of the DJs are. Seen numerous posts over the years of people saying they like DJ El Row.

As said before, a poor mans Cirque Du Soleil for people with low attention spans who want to boost their Instagram profiles.

Low attention spans? Is this a maths class we're discussing?

I think that can be said about a lot of events in Ibiza. Sadly there will indeed be people who think Elrow is a Dj. But the same goes for the masses that cross the street after Martin Garrix at Ushuaia who have no idea what kind of event Afterlife at Hi will be.

To call it a poor mans Cirque du Soleil tells me that you clearly havent visited one of their events? The production is unlike any other event on the island or in the world. The themes, actors, the decoration and even those silly inflatables all work together to make sure every detail is covered. They try to give you an experience. Combined with a good line up that works for me and apparently for a lot of people since they host over 25 events on the island this season.

I think that can be said about a lot of events in Ibiza. Sadly there will indeed be people who think Elrow is a Dj. But the same goes for the masses that cross the street after Martin Garrix at Ushuaia who have no idea what kind of event Afterlife at Hi will be.

To call it a poor mans Cirque du Soleil tells me that you clearly havent visited one of their events? The production is unlike any other event on the island or in the world. The themes, actors, the decoration and even those silly inflatables all work together to make sure every detail is covered. They try to give you an experience. Combined with a good line up that works for me and apparently for a lot of people since they host over 25 events on the island this season.

Manumisison was the best night Ibiza has ever had, but started getting a bit shit when the production became more important than the music. It just attracts people who are there for anything but the music.

If some folk are as entertained by the production as the music... fair enough. Though personally I wasn't too fussed (and was indeed actively annoyed by the pretend pickpockets) the one time I went.

I'm no elrow fan, but the fact they remain strong the last few years when even some established parties have taken a hit is admirable. Also, they've done it without relying on huge ticket sellers. Still selling out with the likes of Bibi, Eddy M and Tini Gessler - pretty impressive, seeing as those guys wouldn't sell 100 tickets between them on a non-branded night here.

Somewhere between that and superstardom DJ worship is probably the right balance, so it swings from one extreme to the other.

You can understand why Amnesia (or any 5,000+/- capacity club) would be biting their hand off for a residency. Amnesia's Sunday party - with the likes of Alex Niggemann, Tim Green, Matthias Meyer, Trikk, Eagles & Butterflies - far more up my alley musically. But, sadly, a combination of factors mean it's just unlikely to really take off. A shame. But it highlights what I posted a few days ago about the underground market only being so big.

was wondering if some people went to cova santa storytellers closing yesterday?
had some netherland bloke there & following a ig vid ive seen fro msatori, looks nice.
louie Vega & Anane Vega for sunset time at ocean drive8pm 9h30pm tonight (free event ?)for those in ibz town talamanca, not to miss unless u are in dc10 garden 50€ ...
i haven't been to any Louie vega party, not that i'm bored with it, but just want to experience new stuff for this year...next year: the no party experience? ?..don't want to end like grumpy ravers i've foreseen ..it was best 50,60,70,80 90...true, but best time are the moments of the present .(quote taken from Cassius interview from bmi mag, i was wondering if half cassius played that mid july?)

Last edited:
Back