*** ibiza gossip 2019 ***

I've never had issues at Pikes' door, one time I didn't even have a guestlist. I wear my usual sandals, shorts, and t-shirt attire. Of course, I've only been twice though

I've never had issues at Pikes' door, one time I didn't even have a guestlist. I wear my usual sandals, shorts, and t-shirt attire. Of course, I've only been twice though
What time's good to go? Debating going for 10pm leaving at 1 ISH for a drink in San an

I think the whole looking down your nose mentality of ‘I like techno more than you therefore I deserve to be here and you don’t’ mentality is one of the worst aspects of electronic music myself, but each to their own.

I wdn't take it personally. Techno has always been like that. You earn your stripes over time (if you care enough)

Personally, i'd say letchy creeps, dickheads charging through crowds, annoying chanting, people chucking drinks around and generally clueless gimps getting impatient till the 'drop' are a whole lot worse.

We have enough Beer. Less Adolfs in our Stadium.
Do you save that for pre season and away games then?! Vividly remember a lot of trouble caused by your fans kicking off at our pre season friendly in Austria a few years back. For once it wasn’t us! Anyway. Yeboah sends his regards!

How is the clubbing scene in Frankfurt these days? Genuinely interested. It used to be brilliant in the mid to late 90s but that is the last time I went. What can we expect these days?

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I'll be relying on @Gingersolstice and her crew to smuggle me in.
Smuggle.....erm I'm 5 foot one inches, not sure how much smuggle I can do appart from my own shizzle ? the crew......your onto a loose, win win game, Russian roulette. I was banking on you piggy backing me to...... and into the clubs.... WTF JV, you letting me down already ?

Last edited:
Do you save that for pre season and away games then?! Vividly remember a lot of trouble caused by your fans kicking off at our pre season friendly in Austria a few years back. For once it wasn’t us! Anyway. Yeboah sends his regards!

How is the clubbing scene in Frankfurt these days? Genuinely interested. It used to be brilliant in the mid to late 90s but that is the last time I went. What can we expect these days?
Only robert ?

Smuggle.....erm I'm 5 foot one inches, not sure how much smuggle I can do appart from my own shizzle ? the crew......your onto a loose, win win game, Russian roulette. I was banking on you piggy backing me to...... and into the clubs.... WTF JV, you letting me down already ?
U been on the Aceeeeed?

I don't mean physically smuggle me in, more I'm relying on you to dazzle the door staff with your coolness. I don't know if I'm hip enough for Pikes! :oops:

I think the whole looking down your nose mentality of ‘I like techno more than you therefore I deserve to be here and you don’t’ mentality is one of the worst aspects of electronic music myself, but each to their own.

Yeah, the best nights I've been to (I'm thinking The Arches) never had any of that vibe. If you'd paid ~£25 for a ticket, you got in (I'm guessing unless you were plastered or got caught with stuff) and everyone just enjoyed themselves. The atmosphere never suffered for not having to pass any kind of test on the door. Personally, I'd control access to nights by making the ticket price count just enough, keeping the atmosphere/music true to its roots and (maybe) banning or policing picture taking/filming.

Yeah, the best nights I've been to (I'm thinking The Arches) never had any of that vibe. If you'd paid ~£25 for a ticket, you got in (I'm guessing unless you were plastered or got caught with stuff) and everyone just enjoyed themselves. The atmosphere never suffered for not having to pass any kind of test on the door. Personally, I'd control access to nights by making the ticket price count just enough, keeping the atmosphere/music true to its roots and (maybe) banning or policing picture taking/filming.
Exactly. The club’s in the late 90s/early 00s were pretty much all like that: Cream, Godskitchen, Fabric, Slinky etc. All of which were mainly great atmospheres and the nights didn’t have any kind of door policy other than no footie shirts.

It was laughable to see a few months back a Sankey branded event at 338 having door pickers. And more recently a Mambo event also in London, stating a ticket doesn’t guarantee entry and door pickers will be used. Who’s ever been turned away from the real Mambo?! It’s just pretentiousness at its worst.

Yes. Being on the guestlist does not guarantee entry. The girl on the door is as much a door picker as she is a meet & greeter.
If you really want to ensure entry, consider booking your evening meal in the restaurant.
How to sell a dinner .. :rolleyes:
Never had issues at doors ,n the girl very friendly as many Big Clubs staff people with the ☠,even when place was rammy along keep on dancing parties with Dan Ghenacia ibz 18,she wishpered on my ears,stay on the right ,i ll let u enter in a few mn but not ur 3 uk female mates ? ,i ve decided to follow those new uk girls mates that day to Underground n we went back to pikes a few hours later..
For popular parties,Being in glist doesnt allow entry,only the fact to go earlier as once place is rammy they tell people" No need to queue or come back later.."

Back