*** ibiza gossip 2019 ***

my point of view clubs in berlin are really beautiful ( watergate berghain club der visonaere tresor and the amazing rooftop of the weekend ) but amsterdam is better

I was talking about this with my friends one month ago after awakenings..you can go there and enjoy
No worries about door policy, people trying to rob u, everything is well organized ( ade - dekmantel - awakenings - dgtl )
I don’t want to go to party and being refused randomly anymore

Have been to Berlin before for football, not clubbing, but have to say that side of it doesn’t really appeal to me - a bit on the pretentious and elitist side for me.

Of course it’s elitist. It’s the Oxbridge of global dance culture. It’s why thousands of DJs have moved there from all over the galaxy. Seems to me the Germans have picked up the best principles of acid house ie that the best crowd, the flamboyant, the freaks, the passionate club kids and the best music make the party, something that has to be ruthlessly enforced to stop bland SuperDry tourists killing everything.

Of course it’s elitist. It’s the Oxbridge of global dance culture. It’s why thousands of DJs have moved there from all over the galaxy. Seems to me the Germans have picked up the best principles of acid house ie that the best crowd, the flamboyant, the freaks, the passionate club kids and the best music make the party, something that has to be ruthlessly enforced to stop bland SuperDry tourists killing everything.

Isn’t dance music meant to be inclusive though? Just because I don’t wear the clothes and style of your stereotypical techno hipster doesn’t mean I don’t love the music any more than the next guy, but the ethos of Berlin seems to assume the opposite.

Isn’t dance music meant to be inclusive though? Just because I don’t wear the clothes and style of your stereotypical techno hipster doesn’t mean I don’t love the music any more than the next guy, but the ethos of Berlin seems to assume the opposite.

The clothes are an indicator of the mindset though. That’s all a doorpicker can go on when they don’t know you. I used to get knocked back loads in London. It’s not fair a lot of the time but I can see why they do it. England was always divided between London v Northern vibes, moody attitude v whooping, cheering. (stereotypes) There’s a place for both. I’ll go loco at sa trinxa in a way I wdn’t at some deep serious drugfest.

The clothes are an indicator of the mindset though. That’s all a doorpicker can go on when they don’t know you. I used to get knocked back loads in London. It’s not fair a lot of the time but I can see why they do it. England was always divided between London v Northern vibes, moody attitude v whooping, cheering. (stereotypes) There’s a place for both. I’ll go loco at sa trinxa in a way I wdn’t at some deep serious drugfest.

Remember : Berghain was an Gay Fetish Club in earlier days. Stricly Gay. I think it is basicly today too. After this it became a cool Location for People who love the Sound and the Style. They dont want Erasmus Students or People who are only coming for saying I was there. The People in there dont want to be as they are.
BH trys to be Underground and want to be out of Public discussions. Its a far way from Pacha to Berghain ,its totally different.

Last edited:

It's really a case of perceptions vs reality though. There are clubs / nights in Berlin I wouldn't try to go to because I likely wouldn't fit in there well same as anywhere (I've been to Berghain the "infamous" door policy place many times, never been knocked back - maybe just lucky - and most definitely not always looking hipster). The good music clubs are just not places for football parties, stag dos and cameos from the Asos Holiday Shop. It's not really snobby at all, met all sorts in there and elsewhere. What I don't want - and know for certain I'm not going to get - is a huge group from Essex in fake tan and brylcream muscling me out of the way in a conga line round the dancefloor shouting "oioi". If I have to run the gamut of the odd surly doorman and learn to say 'Guten abend' for the privilege then it's a small ask tbf !

Remember : Berghain was an Gay Fetish Club in earlier days. Stricly Gay. After this it became a cool Location for People who love the Sound and the Style. They dont want Erasmus Students or People who are only coming for saying I was there. They try to be Underground and want to be out of Public discussions. Its a far way from Pacha to Berghain , totally different.

^ exactly

Back