*** ibiza gossip 2019 ***

I think I'd mentioned it previously, dixon's night never went as bad as it was portraited by a certain website a month into his residency. yes it wasn't an instant blockbuster, but it's going alright all things considered. as we can see friday nights are very tricky for everyone this year.
Agree with that in general however last Friday was fairly quiet by Pacha terms though would expect this week to pick right up. Solomun and Plex was always going to take majority crowd for weekend.

If getting and consuming narcs in Ibiza / its clubs became as stressful as at home, would you still go there - or would you pick somewhere else it was as easy as Ibiza is now and put up with a bit of 'door worries' ? Seems the only thing putting you off Berlin etc is stressing about being denied entry at the door / not being able to buy a ticket and be pretty sure you can get in with it ?

Ibiza is complicated, as there's also a bit of a social aspect to it. If it weren't for that and Ibiza got tougher for clubbing, I wouldn't necessarily swap it for another clubbing destination. Clubbing perhaps isn't generally that important to me these days.. but I'm an opportunist in Ibiza and I can't really imagine Ibiza without clubbing. Another favourite place of mine is the 'dam. Meant to be good for clubbing. I've been there five times and have I ever been clubbing? Nope!

I have been to Berlin. Didn't bother with clubbing due to fear of door policy :)lol:), having enough to do during the day and doing my foot in from so much walking... I was limping around with the help of paracetamol. Really not tempted to go back; bar a few nice pubs, I just can't see what the fuss is about. There are much nicer cities.

In Ibiza (and Spain in general) there just seems to be such a relaxed attitude to everything. You're not so worried about having too much to drink before arriving at the door and also going it alone. Entering a club alone in the UK feels weird (I have done it) but in Ibiza no-one really gives a shit.

maybe I can start saying that amnesia will open tonight.

line up TBA... and more on the story soon :D
giphy.gif

Ibiza is complicated, as there's also a bit of a social aspect to it. If it weren't for that and Ibiza got tougher for clubbing, I wouldn't necessarily swap it for another clubbing destination. Clubbing perhaps isn't generally that important to me these days.. but I'm an opportunist in Ibiza and I can't really imagine Ibiza without clubbing. Another favourite place of mine is the 'dam. Meant to be good for clubbing. I've been there five times and have I ever been clubbing? Nope!

I have been to Berlin. Didn't bother with clubbing due to fear of door policy :)lol:), having enough to do during the day and doing my foot in from so much walking... I was limping around with the help of paracetamol. Really not tempted to go back; bar a few nice pubs, I just can't see what the fuss is about. There are much nicer cities.

In Ibiza (and Spain in general) there just seems to be such a relaxed attitude to everything. You're not so worried about having too much to drink before arriving at the door and also going it alone. Entering a club alone in the UK feels weird (I have done it) but in Ibiza no-one really gives a shit.
Berlin was quite easy. Got into a few moody bars with house music in friedrichshain just by saying zwei von uns to the bloke behind the metal door. Watergate she asked us in English who was playing, told her job done. . . Didnt do Berghain though

Berlin was quite easy. Got into a few moody bars with house music in friedrichshain just by saying zwei von uns to the bloke behind the metal door. Watergate she asked us in English who was playing, told her job done. . . Didnt do Berghain though

I'm actually right after Ibiza to Berlin, so gonna try getting into Berghain on the Friday. I'm guessing my Ibiza swag and Hawaii-esqe clothing will have to be scaled down a lot

Interesting perspective - Berlin solo has always been amazing for me. I would never choose a trip there for anything other than clubs - but then I'm not a city person in any way. It's also a place where in the "right" (best imho) clubs you're least likely to have any issues turning up on your own. Groups of beered-up British lads are the ones who regularly have issues ! I guess all the fuss is about the bits you didn't do when you went rather than the bits you did ? The door thing is overdone and another myth for solos - as long as you're in control of yourself and polite there is very rarely any issue. If you are swaying and incoherent or puking in the line then obviously it's going to cause some difficulties.

Can't speak about Amsterdam as I haven't been for well over a decade now and have no great affinity with the place. Awakenings at Gashouder was something special but apart from that .... I don't like pubs, rarely go to bars unless there's a specific party space and something decent on and you only need to see Anne Frank's house and do a canal trip once. Masses of sex on sale of course but it's a long way to go for a dirty shag :spank:

Contrary to perceptions, people do get denied entry for being mangled at the door in Ibiza. It was quite a tussle getting @ric into Space when his irises had disappeared completely, so I am speaking from personal experience as well as observation :lol: But I agree with you being a Southern European country, clubs in Spain are relatively relaxed about people rocking around three sheets to the wind. I guess bottom line is that you feel comfortable and relaxed clubbing there and for whatever reasons, perceived or real, you don;t really feel the same other places you've been ?

Re Amnesia, next year Shine would be a good shout. PvD belongs in that main room and has probably played it more than any other dj over the last 20 years. Maybe Shine could hook up with a brand like Clockwork to host the terrace. Now that would be a quality night.
That’s a big jump , plus they start late , no way they would fill in early June

Can't speak about Amsterdam as I haven't been for well over a decade now and have no great affinity with the place. Awakenings at Gashouder was something special but apart from that .... I don't like pubs, rarely go to bars unless there's a specific party space and something decent on and you only need to see Anne Frank's house and do a canal trip once. Masses of sex on sale of course but it's a long way to go for a dirty shag :spank:

Contrary to perceptions, people do get denied entry for being mangled at the door in Ibiza. It was quite a tussle getting @ric into Space when his irises had disappeared completely, so I am speaking from personal experience as well as observation :lol: But I agree with you being a Southern European country, clubs in Spain are relatively relaxed about people rocking around three sheets to the wind.

First couple of times I went to the dam, the main draw was the coffeeshops. What's kept me going after that is how beautiful a city is - the architecture, the tree-lined canals, parks, etc. Don't get me wrong, I still enjoy a drink and a toke while there, but it would be a shame to spend all your time holed up indoors. It helps that every time I've been (even an October/November trip) the weather has been beautiful. There's also loads of museums, galleries and cultural stuff to do. Next time I go will probably my first solo trip, so look forward to mopping up a good few of those museums, etc that I haven't been to. There's just so much to do during the day for me to be that bothered about clubbing, and I guess that's how you feel about Ibiza. :lol:

I generally wouldn't dream of doing any other than drinking before I'm in the club, well maybe once or twice in Ibiza I've done a tiny bit. :lol:

First couple of times I went to the dam, the main draw was the coffeeshops. What's kept me going after that is how beautiful a city is - the architecture, the tree-lined canals, parks, etc. Don't get me wrong, I still enjoy a drink and a toke while there, but it would be a shame to spend all your time holed up indoors. It helps that every time I've been (even an October/November trip) the weather has been beautiful. There's also loads of museums, galleries and cultural stuff to do. Next time I go will probably my first solo trip, so look forward to mopping up a good few of those museums, etc that I haven't been to. There's just so much to do during the day for me to be that bothered about clubbing, and I guess that's how you feel about Ibiza. :lol:

I generally wouldn't dream of doing any other than drinking before I'm in the club, well maybe once or twice in Ibiza I've done a tiny bit. :lol:

For people going to Amsterdam and looking for the right clubs...definitly don't go into the pub area / red light district.
Marktkantine just outside citycentre has a great program, this year they had Tale of Us all night long, Dj Harvey and Nina Kraviz is coming in September. There's a club called Warehouse that's great too. And there's a club called De School (The School) that tries to be the dutch Berghain, with a strict door policy and some dark corners inside ;-)

Back