*** ibiza gossip 2019 ***

Anyone know if sol house has anything on certain days etc? Looks a bit over hyped but staying near by wouldn't mind checking it out for the view from the top.
I think since Ibiza Rocks stopped being involved they don't do much.

Another rooftop terrace option in the bay is Amare (the old Milord)...

Say what?! :oops:

Having booked several higher profile DJs and knowing quite a few booking agents, I would have guessed a third of that at most.
not sure about the rate of exchange back when he came over (2013/14 - cant remember!) but that was his (and Moodymann's) fee for 3 hours, I think you would be fairly shocked at dj fees these days from what a few of my friends who still do their own nights have told me regarding fees

combination of numbers and simply too much on offer - same as last year, absolutely same situation. it's more the 'so much on offer' side IMO actually.

Does seem as if theres more on offer than ever before this year....

Guys, ill tell ye something. I went to Ibiza in May, Ushuaia for Cocoon 20, All Day i Dream at Cova Santa & Solomun Opening at Pacha. Its August as of now and I have totally forgot how good ibiza was. Ended up just finding some videos on my phone of ibiza n shouting at myself.... Why i don't remember how good it was.

Reason why I am saying this is, I am bad at remembering how good stuff is, and everytime i land back in ibiza or go to a club, am shocked at how much i enjoy it because i forget how magical it is... That is my 10th time in 8 years. Is anyone else like this or just poor me?

Last edited:
Another drunken thought is.. Above & beyond. Probably the biggest classiest act who dont play ibiza on a regular basis. I know they played cream a lot a few years back and i know they played ushuaia this year and hi last. But why havent they got a night and why havent anjunabeats / anjunuadeep got a night in ibiza?

Guys, ill tell ye something. I went to Ibiza in May, Ushuaia for Cocoon 20, All Day i Dream at Cova Santa & Solomun Opening at Pacha. Its August as of now and I have totally forgot how good ibiza was. Ended up just finding some videos on my phone of ibiza n shouting at myself.... Why i don't remember how good it was.

Reason why I am saying this is, I am bad at remembering how good stuff is, and everytime i land back in ibiza or go to a club, am shocked at how much i enjoy it because i forget how magical it is... That is my 10th time in 8 years. Is anyone else like this or just poor me?

Not just you, it's my fifth year going in a row, and despite me complaining about settimes and lineups I know I'm just being an armchair promoter and I really love the magic of Ibiza once I'm there.

Another drunken thought is.. Above & beyond. Probably the biggest classiest act who dont play ibiza on a regular basis. I know they played cream a lot a few years back and i know they played ushuaia this year and hi last. But why havent they got a night and why havent anjunabeats / anjunuadeep got a night in ibiza?
See them at Cream about a decade ago, was a boring geek fest.

They had a residency for a number of years at cream in amnesia. It wasn’t weekly, more like 8 of the 14 events in the season.

Reality is they make a lot more money from their own showcase events around the world. The other thing is that they don’t bring enough numbers through the door in Ibiza, partially evidenced by the decline of cream at amnesia. I know that will be hard to believe for an anjuna fan.

They were once a semi credible prog trance outfit. However for years they have gone down the edm route and a lot of other people do it better than them in Ibiza. They just aren’t a fit on the island imo.

Last edited by a moderator:
They had a residency for a number of years at cream in amnesia. It wasn’t weekly, more like 8 of the 14 events in the season.

Reality is they make a lot more money from their own showcase events around the world. The other thing is that they don’t bring a lot of numbers through the door in Ibiza. I know that will be hard to believe for an anjuna fan.

They were once a semi credible prog trance outfit. However for years they have gone down the edm route and a lot of other people do it better than them in Ibiza. They just aren’t a fit on the island imo.

100% agree with this. I was a massive A&B fan when they played trance. I cant understand how they have gone to playing the rubbish they do these days. Surely they must know in their heads the music they play now is not as good as in the early 2000's?

100% agree with this. I was a massive A&B fan when they played trance. I cant understand how they have gone to playing the rubbish they do these days. Surely they must know in their heads the music they play now is not as good as in the early 2000's?
It’s all about the ££££££ my friend.

They aren’t the only trance act to go down that route. Trance started to decline from a very high peak a long time ago then started to eat itself as nearly all the big names decamped and went down the edm, trouse or techno route with varying degrees of success. Now there is only a very small scene left and most of that is based on trotting out 90s and 00s classics. The lack of modern thinking and creativity in the trance scene over the last ten years has been painful to see and hear. I often wonder if there could have been a stronger but smaller scene left had all the big names not jumped off the band wagon. We will never know.

That said a lot of what Kraviz, TOU, Adriatique, Solomun and a lot techno djs play now is very much along trance lines, its just not cool to say it. But I’m not cool so I’m happy to say it! ?

Last edited by a moderator:
The same could be said for just about every trance DJ from back in the day. I think the fairly rapid decline of trance meant that they either had to reinvent themselves or become irrelevant. Many went the EDM route and decided to exchange their credibility for the big bucks.

Back