*** ibiza gossip 2019 ***

In the case of A&B, I can believe they had a genuine change of heart -- that around the time their weekly show changed from "Trance Around the World" to "Above & Beyond Group Therapy" it was a conscious decision that they wanted to do something different and to make a different style of music. But yeah, even though I don't think their newer work is rubbish, I'm with you that it doesn't pull me in like their earlier work did.

However, just maybe something like your dream could come true. For sure I don't hold out any hope for Tiësto making trance again. However, even though Armin doesn't make much real trance either, his A State of Trance (ASOT) show and events are still very successful and showcase some great trance artists.... and his show hits episode 1000 next year. If for some reason he doesn't renew his contract at Hï, I could see him bringing back ASOT Ibiza at another venue -- maybe even Amnesia. With a lineup including other legends like Ferry Corsten, Markus Schulz, Bryan Kearney, etc., it could be a season of great trance shows like the good old days of Cream.
Agree re A&B, they went to where the money was. There is very, very little trance played by Armin on ASOT. If any is played it’s usually by guests or classics. Every time I’ve checked I’m over the last half decade or more it’s been the same, albeit in the hope it will change. That is with the exception of him in his rare Gaia guise.

Trance has a future in the underground and the hope has to be that a new generation of producers take the sound on and become djs themselves. The genre can’t survive on classics alone if it is to regenerate itself. Since the djs jumped ship very little quality new material has surfaced. The djs basically took the producers with them!

Agree re A&B, they went to where the money was. There is very, very little trance played by Armin on ASOT. If any is played it’s usually by guests or classics. Every time I’ve checked I’m over the last half decade or more it’s been the same, albeit in the hope it will change. That is with the exception of him in his rare Gaia guise.

Trance has a future in the underground and the hope has to be that a new generation of producers take the sound on and become djs themselves. The genre can’t survive on classics alone if it is to regenerate itself. Since the djs jumped ship very little quality new material has surfaced. The djs basically took the producers with them!

Trance is with JOC, Askew, Atkinson, Downey and all that mob I think! Was at Luminosity this year and the standard was high I think.

Trance is with JOC, Askew, Atkinson, Downey and all that mob I think! Was at Luminosity this year and the standard was high I think.
Add solarstone and Aly and Fila to that. Then there are the likes of Gai barone and the cold harbour crew. But, that’s about it. The volume and quality of productions bares absolutely no resemblance to that of two decades ago. As for luminosity, it’s largely a classics festival. I’m not slagging it off, it is what it is and I’m pleased you enjoyed it.

Add solarstone and Aly and Fila to that. Then there are the likes of Gai barone and the cold harbour crew. But, that’s about it. The volume and quality of productions bares absolutely no resemblance to that of two decades ago. As for luminosity, it’s largely a classics festival. I’m not slagging it off, it is what it is and I’m pleased you enjoyed it.

Not really saying it does, just saying those guys are pumping out the good stuff and tbh, could throw more names into it that mix who are doing some quality stuff as well. Stoneface & Terminal, Cold Blue, The Noble Six, Factor B... the list is healthier than it has been for ages. Also a load of solid progressive stuff out there.

Lumo was a mix of classics and upfront, on the one day I was there tbh. Venue was underwhelming but music pretty good.

Not really saying it does, just saying those guys are pumping out the good stuff and tbh, could throw more names into it that mix who are doing some quality stuff as well. Stoneface & Terminal, Cold Blue, The Noble Six, Factor B... the list is healthier than it has been for ages. Also a load of solid progressive stuff out there.

Lumo was a mix of classics and upfront, on the one day I was there tbh. Venue was underwhelming but music pretty good.
I was going to mention Lumi. Why did you find the venue underwhelming? It was lovely there this year with the beach and the sunshine!

As long as you enjoyed it mate. We will have to disagree over the general health of the scene ?

Back