*** ibiza gossip 2019 ***

Is it a big miss if I don't go to elrow? I've never been but like you said musically its ok and all I've heard is that its very crowded and uncomfortable and the magic of the decorations and the vibe wears off quick.

Should i pop in for an hour or 2 and then head to Hi? I have tix to black coffee that night already and I quite prefer the music to elrow.

Just afraid that i'm missing out on something mindblowing as you say. But after partying for so many years I'm not quite sure how mindblowing it can be. it does look very fun in the videos but I attend much more for the music these days.
Think of it as more of going to a carnival than a proper music event. Or at least with those expectations. I found it a giggle and a bit of fun.

Is it a big miss if I don't go to elrow? I've never been but like you said musically its ok and all I've heard is that its very crowded and uncomfortable and the magic of the decorations and the vibe wears off quick.

Should i pop in for an hour or 2 and then head to Hi? I have tix to black coffee that night already and I quite prefer the music to elrow.

Just afraid that i'm missing out on something mindblowing as you say. But after partying for so many years I'm not quite sure how mindblowing it can be. it does look very fun in the videos but I attend much more for the music these days.

judging by the very last bit of your post, stick to black coffee.

opinions differ greatly re elrow. what they're good at is overwhelming you the first time you do elrow. if in the right mood, with the right people, it can be a lot of fun. I think it gets slagged off here because a lot of old school forumers are music purists and then also a lot of 'older' ravers don'tlike it if it's too crowded.

Yeah miss that by one day which is a shame. Also considering Pikes on the Sunday with George Fitzgerald....just a bit worried it might be a bit small/underwhelming. We're staying in San An, doing it on the cheap this time....

I'm 44, have been to Ibiza every year since 99 pretty much....she is 34. Glitterbox is probably the favourite for this trip but just need to weigh up cost of tickets/getting over to Bossa/getting mugged by Hi on drinks etc. Toolroom would probably do us music-wise....we like a bit of Mark Knight and it is convenient being in San An...but I'm just concerned I will be the oldest person in the club!

Claptone! He (or them) really has a great sound... + Pacha is a cool club

I have been to a lot of elrow events and absolutely love it. Their best ones are in ibiza and would definitely recommend going specially if never been before. Just gotta make sure you place yourself in the center of the action so you can interact with all the dancers etc. Musically you will have this groovy tech house which again works very well with their fun/silly vibe that they are trying to create.

On this subject....I've got a little dilemma before my trip out next week if anyone can help me out.

Looking for a bit of advice....so I'm over with my girlfriend who has been with me 4 times previously (it should be noted that while she likes a night out, she is not an aficionado of the rave scene). The first time I took her to Cream at Amnesia....I'd really bigged it up, but it was really young, not that busy, and a bit disappointing to be honest (not like the Cream's I remember from my first experiences in the late 90's early 00's). Ever since then I have been banging on about her not seeing Ibiza at it's best. She was pregnant one year so no partying. We had the little one last year so again, no partying. This time, we are on our own for 4 nights (1st June to 5th June).

So basically I want to take her to something that is as close to the true Ibiza (that I remember) as I can. So far she has not seen Ibiza at it's best. Something that she will enjoy, but also has an older crowd and a great atmosphere. Things that are on while we are there are: Zoo Project, Elrow, Toolroom opening party @ Eden, Claptone @ Pacha, Glitterbox @ Hi. Circo-Loco @ DC-10. A few of these events are bound to be really young.....some might be a bit hardcore for her (DC-10) so I am weighing up all my options and really struggling to decide.

If it was you, where would you go?
Mate if she’s not a raver take her to Pacha maybe for a meal first then go into club when it’s busy ..

If she likes disco go Glitterbox but it’s in hi , wich is shit !! But she might like it for a few hrs

Or plan d drop 2 bad boys into her drink and smash elrow she will have the time of her life and come home with 4 inflatables which she will have no idea how she’s acquired .

Just did a quick Instagram search on Dixon’s party...

Club looks busy, booth looks lower......but Dixon’s shirt is hilarious. He looks like a figure skater. And there is an interesting mirror thing hanging over his head. Not sure what to think, interested to hear some eye witnesses.

Last edited:

As one can judge by my username...yeah I think you'll miss out if you've never been to a Elrow party before. Elrow in Amnesia is a great experience. But I can appreciate and understand the objective advise Stivi has given to you.
If you do head out to Elrow...for a part of the night...make sure to wait until the first confetti shower / ice canon. Should be an 1 or 1,5 hours after terrace opens at midnight.

As one can judge by my username...yeah I think you'll miss out if you've never been to a Elrow party before. Elrow in Amnesia is a great experience. But I can appreciate and understand the objective advise Stivi has given to you.
If you do head out to Elrow...for a part of the night...make sure to wait until the first confetti shower / ice canon. Should be an 1 or 1,5 hours after terrace opens at midnight.

it depends on your music taste & most important AGE

its a young crowd party

Mate if she’s not a raver take her to Pacha maybe for a meal first then go into club when it’s busy ..

If she likes disco go Glitterbox but it’s in hi , wich is shit !! But she might like it for a few hrs

Or plan d drop 2 bad boys into her drink and smash elrow she will have the time of her life and come home with 4 inflatables which she will have no idea how she’s acquired .

To be fair the crowd at Glitterbox was good, older and up for a dance, not your usual 'phones out for Instagram' Hi crowd.

The song is ‘Spice Up Your Life’. Techno Bible have a video of Seth playing it on Instagram

There's another video on that Techno Bible of Seth playing the DC10 terrace in the morning (not the Spice Girls this time, but Terence Parker - Your Love) the camera pans out to the crowd just for a few seconds... It looks like absolute carnage. Bravo to all involved.

It certainly was! :) My first time at Cova Santa and I really liked it. Lee Burridge was good but I was really impressed with YokoO on afterwards, who I hadn't heard before.

Really friendly crowd and a gorgeous setting. Reminded me of the good ol' days...

Only negative was that water was 10e - same price as a beer.
Paid 16 for hierbas and got bottle of water for "free".

Was a nice night, overall.

Back