*** ibiza gossip 2019 ***

Gutted I won't get an ADID this year. Cova Santa looks made for the party and is a massive improvement on Blue Marlin for it I would expect.

It certainly was! :) My first time at Cova Santa and I really liked it. Lee Burridge was good but I was really impressed with YokoO on afterwards, who I hadn't heard before.

Really friendly crowd and a gorgeous setting. Reminded me of the good ol' days...

Only negative was that water was 10e - same price as a beer.

10 e is the basic now in ibiza @ most clubs maybe 8 the least expensive

Also liked the ADID party, but approx. at 10pm the music became much quiet. At this time also the "policia local" showed up - was that the reason or a general sound restriction?
(water was 9€ on the bar on the top)

Also liked the ADID party, but approx. at 10pm the music became much quiet. At this time also the "policia local" showed up - was that the reason or a general sound restriction?
(water was 9€ on the bar on the top)

Yeah, I heard Lee Burridge explain to someone stood near me it was due to the police. Thankfully the volume then increased again shortly afterwards.

tbh that's the case with most of the good parties here on the island....
On this subject....I've got a little dilemma before my trip out next week if anyone can help me out.

Looking for a bit of advice....so I'm over with my girlfriend who has been with me 4 times previously (it should be noted that while she likes a night out, she is not an aficionado of the rave scene). The first time I took her to Cream at Amnesia....I'd really bigged it up, but it was really young, not that busy, and a bit disappointing to be honest (not like the Cream's I remember from my first experiences in the late 90's early 00's). Ever since then I have been banging on about her not seeing Ibiza at it's best. She was pregnant one year so no partying. We had the little one last year so again, no partying. This time, we are on our own for 4 nights (1st June to 5th June).

So basically I want to take her to something that is as close to the true Ibiza (that I remember) as I can. So far she has not seen Ibiza at it's best. Something that she will enjoy, but also has an older crowd and a great atmosphere. Things that are on while we are there are: Zoo Project, Elrow, Toolroom opening party @ Eden, Claptone @ Pacha, Glitterbox @ Hi. Circo-Loco @ DC-10. A few of these events are bound to be really young.....some might be a bit hardcore for her (DC-10) so I am weighing up all my options and really struggling to decide.

If it was you, where would you go?

On this subject....I've got a little dilemma before my trip out next week if anyone can help me out.

Looking for a bit of advice....so I'm over with my girlfriend who has been with me 4 times previously (it should be noted that while she likes a night out, she is not an aficionado of the rave scene). The first time I took her to Cream at Amnesia....I'd really bigged it up, but it was really young, not that busy, and a bit disappointing to be honest (not like the Cream's I remember from my first experiences in the late 90's early 00's). Ever since then I have been banging on about her not seeing Ibiza at it's best. She was pregnant one year so no partying. We had the little one last year so again, no partying. This time, we are on our own for 4 nights (1st June to 5th June).

So basically I want to take her to something that is as close to the true Ibiza (that I remember) as I can. So far she has not seen Ibiza at it's best. Something that she will enjoy, but also has an older crowd and a great atmosphere. Things that are on while we are there are: Zoo Project, Elrow, Toolroom opening party @ Eden, Claptone @ Pacha, Glitterbox @ Hi. Circo-Loco @ DC-10. A few of these events are bound to be really young.....some might be a bit hardcore for her (DC-10) so I am weighing up all my options and really struggling to decide.

Stay one more day and go to ADID ?

Last edited:

I'd say maybe go with glitterbox, the crowd probably more enjoyable for someone who is not a true aficionado like you say.
But depends on your age and what your into, and also what resort are you staying in.
It's a pity youl miss ADID

I'd say maybe go with glitterbox, the crowd probably more enjoyable for someone who is not a true aficionado like you say.
But depends on your age and what your into, and also what resort are you staying in.
It's a pity youl miss ADID
Yeah miss that by one day which is a shame. Also considering Pikes on the Sunday with George Fitzgerald....just a bit worried it might be a bit small/underwhelming. We're staying in San An, doing it on the cheap this time....

I'm 44, have been to Ibiza every year since 99 pretty much....she is 34. Glitterbox is probably the favourite for this trip but just need to weigh up cost of tickets/getting over to Bossa/getting mugged by Hi on drinks etc. Toolroom would probably do us music-wise....we like a bit of Mark Knight and it is convenient being in San An...but I'm just concerned I will be the oldest person in the club!

Yeah miss that by one day which is a shame. Also considering Pikes on the Sunday with George Fitzgerald....just a bit worried it might be a bit small/underwhelming. We're staying in San An, doing it on the cheap this time....

I'm 44, have been to Ibiza every year since 99 pretty much....she is 34. Glitterbox is probably the favourite for this trip but just need to weigh up cost of tickets/getting over to Bossa/getting mugged by Hi on drinks etc. Toolroom would probably do us music-wise....we like a bit of Mark Knight and it is convenient being in San An...but I'm just concerned I will be the oldest person in the club!

understand your dilemma re glitterbox vs toolroom. maybe decide on the day itself on what you feel more like doing, pure and simple. also maybe see who's playing dc10 on monday, depending on line up it might be something to consider.

understand your dilemma re glitterbox vs toolroom. maybe decide on the day itself on what you feel more like doing, pure and simple. also maybe see who's playing dc10 on monday, depending on line up it might be something to consider.
I think we'll play it by ear....maybe go over Ibiza town for dinner on the bus....then it's not so much of a stretch to go on to Glitterbox.

Do you not rate Elrow Stivi?

I think we'll play it by ear....maybe go over Ibiza town for dinner on the bus....then it's not so much of a stretch to go on to Glitterbox.

Do you not rate Elrow Stivi?

it's rather mindblowing the first time you go. musically nothing groundbreaking and definitely on the younger side of things which is why I've not really thought about it for you guys. but it might as well be the wow effect you wanna show your missus who knows.

Yeah good idea don't rule out pikes.

Don't stress over it too or plan too much.
Watching the sunset on the rocks near mambo still feels just as ibiza to me as the clubs do, then onto pikes or Eden will save you time and money on taxis/drink.

Hope yous will have a great time either way

Yeah good idea don't rule out pikes.

Don't stress over it too or plan too much.
Watching the sunset on the rocks near mambo still feels just as ibiza to me as the clubs do, then onto pikes or Eden will save you time and money on taxis/drink.

Hope yous will have a great time either way
Cheers mate....yeah we will have a great time no matter what...can't wait, first one we can properly let our hair down for a while! ;-)

it's rather mindblowing the first time you go. musically nothing groundbreaking and definitely on the younger side of things which is why I've not really thought about it for you guys. but it might as well be the wow effect you wanna show your missus who knows.

Is it a big miss if I don't go to elrow? I've never been but like you said musically its ok and all I've heard is that its very crowded and uncomfortable and the magic of the decorations and the vibe wears off quick.

Should i pop in for an hour or 2 and then head to Hi? I have tix to black coffee that night already and I quite prefer the music to elrow.

Just afraid that i'm missing out on something mindblowing as you say. But after partying for so many years I'm not quite sure how mindblowing it can be. it does look very fun in the videos but I attend much more for the music these days.

Back