*** ibiza gossip 2018 ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cocoon have posted up a 'Summer 2017' video which heavily focuses Richie - what is everyone's thoughts about where he will be next summer? Although I'm not too fussed about him personally, I would like to see him stay to keep the numbers at Cocoon as I think he is still a draw particularly when he doesn't have he's own night / a full season residency.

Don't know about Hawtin, would think you are probs right - a few dates in July/Aug for Cocoon, maybe one for Circo Loco...not sure he has the desire to do any kind of residency anywhere on the island anymore

Huge respect for his long innovative history but he doesn't really do it for many people these days - myself included.

I really liked most of the guests Maceo brought for Mosaic but personally I didn't feel it worked in Pacha. I'd much rather see that kind of night in a more intimate (and less VIP!) setting.

True, but the Pacha dancefloor can feel very intimate if the music and people are right. And the lighting can block out the rest of the club, so you don't feel it is a massive space. Have said it many times, but had some of my best times in Pacha around 7-8AM with a couple of hundred max people on the dancefloor.

I liked how Mosaic darkened Pacha to make it feel more intimate but unfortunately when I went, that just highlighted the (many, many) people staring their mobiles, looking completely bored, especially on the balcony and in VIP. The dance-floor was rammed when I went so around the balcony was the only option and the vibe was killed somewhat. Also, the side room was dead when I went.

I agree with Clara. If there was any natural justice, underground DJs would be playing strictly underground venues to punters who actually care and in their hearts those DJs would rather be playing those venues but they have to earn their wage and those small venues don't have the budgets to compete with the Pachas, and many of the true punters don't have the budget to afford/inclination to attend the Pachas, all of which is the root of the whole problem. But it has, of course, all been said a million times before.

I don't understand the text (still learning Spanish), but I'm guessing from the pics chanterelles/girolles grow on the island.

Gonna take a punt on a mini-residency for Keinemusik, selected Fridays mid-season at DC10.
No evidence to suggest this will happen. Only predicting based on DC10's form for getting the "in" underground label of said year for a handful of showcases, and KM seem to tick the box.

Is that rampa,&me David mayer ect.. they seem to be all over the last few years,and tongy been blowing their trumpets the last while now..

Apparently Ibiza Sonica Radio has stopped broadcasting through the FM!

It's a well known fact some of the radio stations you find along the dial don't have license...

Gonna take a punt on a mini-residency for Keinemusik, selected Fridays mid-season at DC10.
No evidence to suggest this will happen. Only predicting based on DC10's form for getting the "in" underground label of said year for a handful of showcases, and KM seem to tick the box.

not a bad shout but I think hï will do their utmost to keep them at their venue where they were this summer on saturday nights mostly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back