*** ibiza gossip 2018 ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not possible if Guetta still play's at Ushuaïa on mondays. I would be surprise if he's not back for is very VIP popular BIG party.

I agree, I expect that to stay at Ushuaia for the reasons you mention. But the point remains, move it too - Guetta wont suffer a move at either venue. His crowd will follow

afterlife will likely continue on thursdays. there's just no easy weekday in ibiza :)
I reckon IF solomun leaves they could try making maceo his sunday successor.

Agree with you about a potential Solomun-shaped hole on Sundays.
Afterlife is a great party. But currently only in Vista and lots of folk - particular those into IDM - dislike that slowed-down trance sound

Move Guetta to Monday, give Thursdays to Mosaic.
Won't hurt Guetta but would do wonders for Maceo et al and muso clubbers

I just can't imagine them ever moving Guetta (I assume it still works for them in terms of €€€)

If Solomun and Maceo were to stay, swap them over? I know all these guys work hard, but Solomun may actually want a mid-week slot if he keeps up the current touring schedule.

You know the party I would actually like to see back at Pacha is "Ibiza Rocks House" (though called something more appealing). I think they could have built that Pikes type party thing up had they not just had one season.

If Solomun and Maceo were to stay, swap them over? I know all these guys work hard, but Solomun may actually want a mid-week slot if he keeps up the current touring schedule.

Another interesting idea

Agree. Unless I'm missing something here, why would someone go from pretty much causing road-blocks outside Pacha for the last 3+ years to playing a c.1500 (max) venue like the Vista?

Agree. Unless I'm missing something here, why would someone go from pretty much causing road-blocks outside Pacha for the last 3+ years to playing a c.1500 (max) venue like the Vista?

Maybe the ticket price will top 100 euros this year and rule the majority of non VIP's from going....

the fact san an government is getting so tough on closing times might play a role in the decision on solomun‘s venue for 2018. maybe he prefers to simply stay at the venue he packs out regularly and gets away with going until 8am. I have no background info on this (am off-island, hiking through catalonia right now and thus detached from the gossip front), but I do think it might be an important detail.

that said, solomun has offers from everyone and can really choose where he wants to go. and if he moves, plus where to and to what night of the week if he changes, will have an impact to a lot of pending decisions (such as mosaic and others). maybe nothing changes, maybe A LOT changes once the ball gets rolling

Vista..its all about a vista next year and picking the magical sunrise tune.. with pacha ect you could be anywhere in the world..:)

I don't think big nights will be going to the Vista due to the capacity. Just wouldn't make sense. They may get a few more one off gigs similar to what Richy Ahmed did early last year though.

Vista..its all about a vista next year and picking the magical sunrise tune.. with pacha ect you could be anywhere in the world..:)

But as Stivi says, that "magical sunrise" could be limited if you are forced to close bang on 7AM. After mid-August the sun isn't rising until after 7AM, so you have another 8 weeks of the season closing before sunrise! It would be like foreplay right to the point of it happening, and then the music stopping, shutters down, and clear out at 7AM.... Where as in Pacha (as has been said) he's playing well past 8AM a lot of the time.

Maybe the solution is that Pacha needs a glass sun roof so the sun beams through! Now there is an idea.... :idea:

People always talk about Solomun moving, but why would he? Financially you can only think the main room at Privilege would offer enough potential revenue to take the risk. Amnesia and HI are both bigger than Pacha, but enough so that they can offer him even more money than now? If Pacha were to loose him, they would also face having to program a night against him so its a double hit. On this basis you assume Pacha would do whatever it took financially to make him stay.

From a purely business point of view, what incentives are there to take the risk?

People always talk about Solomun moving, but why would he? Financially you can only think the main room at Privilege would offer enough potential revenue to take the risk. Amnesia and HI are both bigger than Pacha, but enough so that they can offer him even more money than now? If Pacha were to loose him, they would also face having to program a night against him so its a double hit. On this basis you assume Pacha would do whatever it took financially to make him stay.

From a purely business point of view, what incentives are there to take the risk?

The thought of Solomun at Hi just makes me lose faith in all humanity!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back