*** ibiza gossip 2018 ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently Ibiza Sonica Radio has stopped broadcasting through the FM!
It's a well known fact some of the radio stations you find along the dial don't have license...

that would surprise me. when sonica was sold to be@tv in 2015 they also got an official license and therefore changed to the new dial 92.4 FM (from the illegal 95.2). that's what I heard.
so maybe just technical difficulties?

Apparently Ibiza Sonica Radio has stopped broadcasting through the FM!
It's a well known fact some of the radio stations you find along the dial don't have license...

that would surprise me. when sonica was sold to be@tv in 2015 they also got an official license and therefore changed to the new dial 92.4 FM (from the illegal 95.2). that's what I heard.
so maybe just technical difficulties?
maybeee... but i reckon something else is going on judging by the comments on cadena ser radio ealier this week and today's periodico:

La estación de radio ibicenca SONICA ha cesado sus emisiones en FM, continuando únicamente en internet.

Según la dirección, el cierre pretende que sea temporal regresando a las ondas en cuanto la situación lo permita.

mosaic being optimistic about their future. they tweeted their ibiza best of video with the caption "bring on summer of 2018 #pacha".
I guess you can't read too much into it though :)

mosaic being optimistic about their future. they tweeted their ibiza best of video with the caption "bring on summer of 2018 #pacha".

Interesting. Maybe (if it stays), moving to another night? :idea:

I guess it also depends a bit on where solomun will end up. solomun leaving --> better chances for mosaic staying, I'd think.

Couldn’t agree more - why on earth would Mosaic go up against Cocoon? Absolute suicide IMO!

I would agree though that there are other nights where they would be more suited - particularly a Wednesday if HYTE isnt around anymore!

This has just got me thinking about the ticket sellers for some reason. A bar I spent many days in last year had a guy selling tickets. People would come in and ask for tickets and he'd sell them, good job done. But others would come in clueless about where to go asking for advice, and it sounded to me like he was just then selling the most expensive tickets he could. Not sure why, but just felt that was wrong of him without actually finding out what they liked, etc. One day I sat there and saw him sell tickets for 5 nights in a row to 2 young girls. They might have managed it, but why not say take a couple of nights, you'll love it, see how you're feeling and if you're up for more come back in a couple of days. Of course I know why, he wanted to sell tickets and get the cash. But it's not right!

I did get talking to him eventually, good guy, and he admitted he's never going to any clubs, and a lot of what he tells people about the nights he's pushing he gets from here.

Sorry, that wasn't gossip.

I’d say you can read a lot into that. Just not on a Tuesday. Everything points at Wednesday. But they maybe walking into a trap because I can see resistance turning out on a Wednesday too.

Last edited by a moderator:
This has just got me thinking about the ticket sellers for some reason. A bar I spent many days in last year had a guy selling tickets. People would come in and ask for tickets and he'd sell them, good job done. But others would come in clueless about where to go asking for advice, and it sounded to me like he was just then selling the most expensive tickets he could. Not sure why, but just felt that was wrong of him without actually finding out what they liked, etc. One day I sat there and saw him sell tickets for 5 nights in a row to 2 young girls. They might have managed it, but why not say take a couple of nights, you'll love it, see how you're feeling and if you're up for more come back in a couple of days. Of course I know why, he wanted to sell tickets and get the cash. But it's not right!

I did get talking to him eventually, good guy, and he admitted he's never going to any clubs, and a lot of what he tells people about the nights he's pushing he gets from here.

Sorry, that wasn't gossip.
This guy is a complete ass hole! The complete opposite of what a tickets seller should be! Personnaly, on my first trip in Ibiza I had the chance to meet the best tickets seller could be (a french guy at Ciao Ciao Pizza in PDB - thank you so much BTW).

The guy realy took the time to explain me every nights around and ask me about my knowlegde and taste (back then I knew nothing about DJs, eletronic music and Ibiza - I was just curios about the Island I heard so much about). That seller ended up saving my vacation (the first night, without is advice, I ended up at Privilege and we did not like it at all, loud techno is realy not my type).

Because of that seller, the rest of my trip was AMAZING (I discoverd Pacha, instead of SWAG...). I, since then, dream about Ibiza all the time (planing to return every summer and +)

various options being discussed right now for next year. nothing sure yet

Move Guetta to Monday, give Thursdays to Mosaic.
Won't hurt Guetta but would do wonders for Maceo et al and muso clubbers

Not possible if Guetta still play's at Ushuaïa on mondays. I would be surprise if he's not back for is very VIP popular BIG party.

Move Guetta to Monday, give Thursdays to Mosaic.
Won't hurt Guetta but would do wonders for Maceo et al and muso clubbers

afterlife will likely continue on thursdays. there's just no easy weekday in ibiza :)
I reckon IF solomun leaves they could try making maceo his sunday successor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back