*** ibiza gossip 2018 ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
With thr uk garage revival I think we'll see more of those nights and get that crowd back from the Greek islands..

I’ve never seen any free entries widely available for hyte so I wouldn’t know. I guessed almost everyone is paying to get in unless I’m missing something.

I don‘t have exact numbers, but your assumption is far off I‘m afraid. hyte had everything from season passes, free lists, paying guestlists to discounted tickets before a certain time so @mr_why is correct with his question as to how many people would have paid a regular ticket for hyte.

just to point out - I‘ve got nothing against hyte at all. I have various friends working for them. but as much discussed on here, it never made sense for me to have that night at amnesia seeing all the inhouse competition.

I don‘t have exact numbers, but your assumption is far off I‘m afraid. hyte had everything from season passes, free lists, paying guestlists to discounted tickets before a certain time so @mr_why is correct with his question as to how many people would have paid a regular ticket for hyte.

just to point out - I‘ve got nothing against hyte at all. I have various friends working for them. but as much discussed on here, it never made sense for me to have that night at amnesia seeing all the inhouse competition.
Really? I’m speaking as I find. I’ve been there twice in August and never seen any of this. Wish I’d known, would have saved me 200 euros! I will say that discounted entry prices before x time are common place and in my experience hyte filled up quite late at 2-3am. I’m not a huge fan, but it think it gets a rough ride here for what it is and I think much of that is due to the venue.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you think many House nights can fill a lot of the clubs at the moment? I have my reservations. I like house, always have but at the moment there's not many house DJ's who have big crowd pulling power.

yes i know house is not on the spot since end 90-s but i always find some parties with House.

Music that fill clubs are on the whole, music i hate :D, i don't need full club/big crowd to enjoy the music.

Glitterbox Hi & Heart Factory (Louie Vega) are the big house ibz parties (don't mention Defected Eden :rolleyes:)...

its more following some House djs playing in parties/boat parties & some parties such Zoo project, Blue Marlin, Ocean beach..Clockwork Orange Groove Odyssey..

Just sayin, ushuaia Opening Closing 17 when Joris voorn Fritz kalkbrenner or Kolsh took the decks, i always leave the place as i dont really (its more their tracks make me headaches :lol:) like their music as average people :D

I've come to realise in music/fashion that just about everything is cyclical. 10 years ago, nobody was looking past "mnml". 5 years before that it was "dirty sexy electro". Ibiza will always be victim to fashion trends cos it is all about the bottom dollar. I think the true believers who've supported the scene week in week out for years will always have to dig deeper to find the proper parties. take a bow, nightmares on wax and co. never cool but always rock solid.

They will renovate the club for the winter, so no winter partys at pacha.
Spoke to vip manager. They are only opening up the global room on the right as you come in, so it creates more space.
I've heard nothing about Pacha NYE as of yet.
The president of APNEEF, who every year do a fundraising event at Pacha the second half of december, confirmed today on Cadena Ser radio that this winter the club is under renovations!
the APNEEF event will take place at heart on december 17th:

http://www.noudiari.es/2017/11/apneef-celebra-su-tradicional-fiesta-de-navidad-en-heart-ibiza/

"they're grateful to all the companies that have offered to host this event, so that it wasn't canceled, especially the club amnesia"

aaah, the good people of amnesia making plans for the end of december..........

I wouldn’t be too fussed about losing Hyte to be honest. I wouldn’t however, like to see Mosaic leave the island.

In a bunch of what if scenarios.... If Hyte called it quits altogether. Would Pacha considering moving Maceo to Wednesday? I dont know what kind of business the "My House" brand does on Wednesday but would they really suffer from a move to Tuesday?

Moving Maceo over to Wednesday might give them the limited competition of Paradise alone in which i think a lot of people might opt for Pacha that night to avoid the mess of Paradise.

I’m going back to my wild idea from a few weeks ago. How about Hyte + Music On together at Privi, with Hyte taking Vista most but not all of the time?

Sounds good on paper, but the idea of Marco sharing the take with Hyte promoters not only seems unlikely, but impossible in my mind. I'm not sure what kind of VIP crowd it would draw, but if they would have them, maybe scaled down version of Hyte at Hi ("Hiyte") paired with whatever HI calls their "underground" night. My take from on In the Dark at least from what i read on here was it was either sub par or just average so maybe that kind of change could work for everyone.

Sounds good on paper, but the idea of Marco sharing the take with Hyte promoters not only seems unlikely, but impossible in my mind. I'm not sure what kind of VIP crowd it would draw, but if they would have them, maybe scaled down version of Hyte at Hi ("Hiyte") paired with whatever HI calls their "underground" night. My take from on In the Dark at least from what i read on here was it was either sub par or just average so maybe that kind of change could work for everyone.
Agreed on this! Think if HYTE was to move venues Hi would be the most likely. If this does happen or they leave altogether be interested to see what FUSE do.

Re RA poll understand the whole thing about the dj list - gutted about the tunes list though, that was the one I really looked fwd to seeing and picking up bits I’d missed. I know that they are still going to do a series of articles etc. Hope it’s pretty comprehensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back