*** ibiza gossip 2018 ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Point taken - I look forward to seeing what Pacha has in store for this season. Certainly, without knowing the full scope of what is going on at the other clubs yet it really looks like for me personally they will have the most to offer as a club this season.

I understand the balancing acts that clubs have to play - I'm just curious as to if there will be anymore underground (I hate to use the word) nights at Pacha this season.

Pacha over the last few years have gone 3 "underground" nights, 3 "commercial" nights and Flower Power.

Nights like Wisdom of the Glove, Insane on Fridays, Mosaic, Labyrinth are usually the 3rd underground night. I enjoyed Wisdom of the Glove and the quirkiness of it, but understand that Guy Gerber isn't everyone's cup of tea. I think we can realistically expect an additional night to +1 and Cocoon.

Yes. People say there are Billboards on the Island to say that yes it will be...

I saw the billboards with pacha logo in October. See you in 2018 or something similar on it. Think it will be there.

I told a English guy as a joke : Looks for me , Daley is the English Sven Väth. He told me : maybe something similar , but ... Is it true ?

By the way : Flower power is a very nice night with a very mixed crowd. A lot of locals , people from Santa Eularia for example ( middle aged ), young Spanish girls in hippy outfit ,
Everyone is dancing. Too many DJs were amazing. Not too commercial sounds , not too undanceable. Please come back sons.

as a real Rock addict keen on 50's 60's 70's 80's & 90's :cool:, Flower power is commercial , i had fun last year, but NEXT ! :D Dc10 Heart ibz or Pikes on monday...

Last edited:
as a real Rock addict keen on 50's 60's 70's 80's & 90's :cool:, Flower power is commercial , i had fun last year, but NEXT ! :D Dc10 Heart ibz or Pikes on monday...

The thing is : Most of Rock or something is commercial. Its a big thing for me that they remember Nico in Ibiza. Ok , she lived there. Maybe they remember Soft Machine too , Kevin Ayers lived in IBZ , I think ( maybe Mallorca ? ). But : You can not dance to Velvet Underground or Joy Division ( maybe a little bit ). So you have to play the danceable stuff , which is commercial.
New order has some commercial stuff , but you can dance to it. Its a wonderful band. Commercial means nothing . What is commercial ? There is only good and bad , nothing else.

by commercial i mean massive anthem known by the world.
Tina turner ones, Amy winehouse, Beatles & all 70's hits.
i got 50's djs friends and when u go to their parties/gigs u don't listen to 50's massive anthem known by the mass (max 5 in a set)...

The thing is : Most of Rock or something is commercial. Its a big thing for me that they remember Nico in Ibiza. Ok , she lived there. Maybe they remember Soft Machine too , Kevin Ayers lived in IBZ , I think ( maybe Mallorca ? ). But : You can not dance to Velvet Underground or Joy Division ( maybe a little bit ). So you have to play the danceable stuff , which is commercial.
New order has some commercial stuff , but you can dance to it. Its a wonderful band. Commercial means nothing . What is commercial ? There is only good and bad , nothing else.

good points

I'm guessing Dalias is probably the best venue to hear the weird stuff, although I think their kind of psychedelic is generally more trance than rock.

Harvey occasionally drops some funky rock in his sets, but not many others would dare. It's become a byword for uncool sadly

If flower power branches out into a less pop direction, I might take a closer interest.

i got 50's djs friends and when u go to their parties u don't listen to 50's massive anthem known by the mass (max 5 in a set)...
i got 50's djs friends and when u go to their parties u don't listen to 50's massive anthem known by the mass (max 5 in a set)...

Ok. Beatles for example : Commercial in a usual way , but Revolver is definitely not very commercial. Too many DJs played Tomorrow never knows at Flower Power. Pet Shop Boys are commercial in a usual way , but they have amazing dance tracks , especially on the Remix Albums. Sometimes you need a known danzefloorburner in a set which works everytime , at every crowd. Doesn't matter. The only thing is : Fun matters

My favourite Beatles is neither Revolver, white album nor St peppers as whole people but more Abbey road (sure as rock addict i got them all such as Led Zeppelin too, i don't have all Rolling stones as not a big fan of them)
yeah there is a scene with people keen on dancing i m talking about real dancing , thing that requires lot of years of practisinc & skills , i went there just for curiosity

Last edited:
Tomorrow Never Knows is one of the first electronic dance records! Still mindblowing (but then I'm a total beatles junkie). It doesn't get played out nearly enough! half the chemical brothers records have basically ripped it off. how representative is that of flower power? I'm suddenly interested...

@ JV a discussion for the balearic thread perhaps but Alfredo somehow played pop music which sounded amazing on E. nobody would have championed mandy smith, the blow monkeys and chris rea otherwise! although whether it was the music itself or the novelty of it all at the time is another debate...

Ok. Beatles for example : Commercial in a usual way , but Revolver is definitely not very commercial. Too many DJs played Tomorrow never knows at Flower Power. Pet Shop Boys are commercial in a usual way , but they have amazing dance tracks , especially on the Remix Albums. Sometimes you need a known danzefloorburner in a set which works everytime , at every crowd. Doesn't matter. The only thing is : Fun matters

the early PSB recordings are amazing. I lost interest after around 91 though

Tomorrow Never Knows is one of the first electronic dance records! Still mindblowing (but then I'm a total beatles junkie). It doesn't get played out nearly enough! half the chemical brothers records have basically ripped it off. how representative is that of flower power? I'm suddenly interested...

@ JV a discussion for the balearic thread perhaps but Alfredo somehow played pop music which sounded amazing on E. nobody would have championed mandy smith, the blow monkeys and chris rea otherwise! although whether it was the music itself or the novelty of it all at the time is another debate...

Not very typical for flower power. Ok , you are right.

Looks like I’ll miss the resistance dates again, as the last one I assume is the 11th September, and I leave 9th. Can’t see one being on 4th. Unless it’s weekly?.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back