*** ibiza gossip 2018 ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solomun to priv maybe?

I'd still love to see him stay at Pacha, but as people have said before there will be a lot of changes over the next year at Pacha with the new owners. The guy has has done 5 seasons (and over 100 sets), and I don't think he's ever missed a week. IMO they should have turned it more into a Diynamic night over the last few years. Built some other DJs up and take some of the pressure off him every week. While he has played brilliantly, it was obvious to look at him in a September and October he was f**king knackered.

I'm not sure it was the sets at Pacha are that took their toll, the guy is an animal when it comes to after parties. Who else can match him and Sven for stamina? On the Diynamic thought it was interesting to see no Adriatique this year as +1, and them subsequently launching their own label. Any chance we will see them pop up elsewhere next year? Afterlife would be a good fit.

Or Paradise to Hi and Diynamic to DC10?

I think Paradise to Hi would actually fit their model and get them an "underground" night they may seek with a huge level of popularity, I personally couldnt see Diynamic at DC-10 and yes i do remember the Neon Nights at Sankeys but it feels like Solomun has moved on from that and enjoys the more swanky scenery these days. I know its all speculation anyway, but maybe if the season really did take that much of a toll on him perhaps they do move to a "Diynamic" night and Solomun doesnt play every single week (and still make appearances besides his own residency).

I think Paradise to Hi would actually fit their model and get them an "underground" night they may seek with a huge level of popularity, I personally couldnt see Diynamic at DC-10 and yes i do remember the Neon Nights at Sankeys but it feels like Solomun has moved on from that and enjoys the more swanky scenery these days. I know its all speculation anyway, but maybe if the season really did take that much of a toll on him perhaps they do move to a "Diynamic" night and Solomun doesnt play every single week (and still make appearances besides his own residency).
Well if he likes swanky then where else is there to go but Pacha?

I'd still love to see him stay at Pacha, but as people have said before there will be a lot of changes over the next year at Pacha with the new owners. The guy has has done 5 seasons (and over 100 sets), and I don't think he's ever missed a week. IMO they should have turned it more into a Diynamic night over the last few years. Built some other DJs up and take some of the pressure off him every week. While he has played brilliantly, it was obvious to look at him in a September and October he was f**king knackered.

I agree the +1 format At Pacha works great it's good to have quality over quantity artists playing more than 1.5 hour slots (Cocoon a perfect example of this) but I have to agree with Solumun looking rather worse for wear in September when I saw him with mind against. Still a great night though and he played a great set.

Didn't read everything here but here's my thoughts:

- Mosaic should just combine forces with Resistance or Afterlife..it's clear it was suffering on its own. I didn't go this year so just basing it on reports here. Either that or just make it a June and September thing.

-Hyte was nuts in 2015 and even this year it was decent on some dates...they def. bring in guys and gyals that are different from the usual DJs at Paradise. The most interesting thing was Caribou in 2016...they should have continued with bringing in more actual live acts like this this year (Crystal Method, Chemical Bros etc) but I don't know what the heck happened. I hope it continues...but they need to get rid of Loco Dice and Liebing. Those guys just bore me....but their other DJ selections like Robert Hood were good. They need more Ben Klock and Dettmann tho. I hope theyre back with lineups like in 2015

- Cocoon was sorta less busy than last year...terrace half full for Ricardo on July 17th..was a drop off from 2016 on a similar date...its obviously gonna come back but I think they were trying to push too many new artists this year.

Further to my first point, some other nights should combine forces. They're diluting their nights and DJs too much, spreading it thin.

Do you think Erick Morillo will return with a residency or just do a few dates like this year? Hoping Coxy will do at least 5 dates

Didn't read everything here but here's my thoughts:

- . I hope it continues...but they need to get rid of Loco Dice and Liebing. Those guys just bore me....but their other DJ selections like Robert Hood were good. They need more Ben Klock and Dettmann tho. I hope theyre back with lineups like in 2015

- Cocoon was sorta less busy than last year...terrace half full for Ricardo on July 17th..was a drop off from 2016 on a similar date...its obviously gonna come back but I think they were trying to push too many new artists this year.

Not sure why HYTE would get rid of Dice, he's their main star and pulls
in loads of people! I like Loco Dice, I know some people don't but he's one of technos biggest names. Agree with seeing more klock and Dettmann especially in the main room of Amnesia.

As for Ricardo the guy is just to inconsistent for my liking, you just don't know what you are goner get. He needs to up his game next year imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back