*** ibiza gossip 2018 ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree, I think an underground party with minimal production and a good lineup works well in Ibiza.
Look at Circo Loco. Granted it gets it's fair share of tourists nowadays that come to take a look but for years it thrived on being an underground anything goes party.
There's a huge market for people who enjoy the same model as Berghain in my opinion. Even in Ibiza

So many many underground nights fail in ibiza because people don't know who the DJ's are. I've seen some of the best lineups almost empty.

Itaca used to host the Monza pre-party and have acts like MANDY playing in there - people would still walk past and go to Linkers.

I wonder would there be a market for a promoter to go in a completely different direction.
I'd like to see a promoter go along the lines of Berghain by putting stickers over camera phones and just have minimal production.
Might seem a bit gimmicky but I think a lot of people would welcome it and it could only help the atmosphere.

I haven't been to In The Dark @ Hi but isn't their production all about stripping it back ?

underground,not underground commercial?not commerciall, hype , not hype :rolleyes:

Make music then we ll talk :D

is it normal that no one mention Heart that have best lineup for me the only club that didnt host shit like rnb party, edm parties, Paris Hilton & so on :cool: & represent Ibiza spirit

Are you all ?
zzblumsznaptbig.jpg

:lol:
Are you a sheep for being obsessed with after parties and free wristbands?

hyte the brand is doing well on an international nevel but hyte ibiza just never took off the way it should so we´ll see.

Just to build on this comment. I think it's true in a lot of cases that DJs/promoters start a brand-off in Ibiza and later (soon) take it on tour elsewhere in the world. In many cases those non-Ibiza jaunts work out more successful than the Ibiza ones.

I'm willing to bet Mosaic did and will continue to do great numbers in Amsterdam, Barcelona, London and elsewhere.
ENTER. fizzled out at Space in its final few years, but was still popular worldwide long after.
Nic Fanciulli's We Are The Night hardly set Ibiza on fire, did it. But they felt it had enough weight to warrant US and BPM editions.

I'm sure there are other examples.

Similar thing we are seeing with the Social festival in Kent. Popularity is dwindling here, but they are smashing the overseas territories.

mosaic would have had a far better result if it weren´t for prydz at hi and resistance at privi being on the same night. same goes for resistance vice versa - the last few dates of resistance, when prydz at hi was done, were much busier. there just isn´t scope for more than two parties with the same (similiar) music on the same night really. two of the same can do well, as soon as it´s 3 or 4 everyone will suffer a bit.

The other thing about Maceo, and of course this is personal opinion, but his sets the last year or so are not what they once were. When he was rolling out productions by the day 1-2 years ago he was really crushing it. Lately when I hear his sets he goes on these 20 min break beat tangents that really suck the energy out of the set. He does have great supporting DJs though.

I wonder what the chances of Woomoon appearing in privilege next year are. I know it was mentioned as a possibility in another thread but how close was it to actually happening. Could they do it this year?

some of Maceo Plex's guests were top drawer this season - people like Young Marco, Steffi, Prins Thomas, Dekmantel, Pearson Sound (all enjoy regular plays chez Wrong Un) (sorry, not cool enough for our friend in the hat).

without guest status at his night, I don't see where they will play in future (maybe DC10?) because they're never going to play generic 'tech' on principle, which rules out quite a few slots.

Amnesia definitely needs to lose a tech night. Hyte makes the most sense. Those acts should just fold into Cocoon. Dunno what they would replace it with though.

I can definitely see Elrow crossing the road to privilege next summer and packed it week in week out as they are on the rise in Ibiza and around the world as well but taking the step of leaving a comfortable house for the "giant" is another story .

Many people in the forum seem to be against elrow , it's far from my favorite party but I had some great party with them when they started on the island in 2012 in vista ( they built vista together with privilege if I'm not mistaken) and the best part was when it was still a after in barcelona Sunday morning end of 2000's ( used to go a lot )
Now in 2017 , it true that it 's very different from what it used to be but IMO a good party for kids that experience the island for the first time , they get the show and good music if you compare with other party where they are nothing t about the music ( most of Ushuaia party for example )

Don't get me wrong the music ,the crowd , atmosphere in Cocoon for example is 100 times better but Elrow Imo but still a better choice than Paris Hilton and other on the same line that are a shame for the island

Last edited:
No disrespect for the party at all, just the muppets that have jumped on it and call it "el rows" etc.

Interesting you've mentioned potential moves away from destino and pacha @McRackin...we're expecting all change at Pacha and affiliated venues then?

Has there ever been a Crosstown Rebels residency on the island? I seem to remember a few one offs year ago but no actual residency.

Maybe a monthly party at DC10 or Destino or even vista in priv with another promoter in the main room. Quite like Damien Lazarus but he doesnt seem to be play in Ibiza as much these days from what i can see! Crosstown Rebels has released some great tracks over the years!!

Quite like Damien Lazarus but he doesnt seem to be play in Ibiza as much these days from what i can see! Crosstown Rebels has released some great tracks over the years!!

He plays a lot over the summer - At DC10 for circo loco, and also other bits here and there - bedouin, black coffee, S+1 etc.

I like him but can't see him or the label holding down their own night, too niche sadly.

Has there ever been a Crosstown Rebels residency on the island? I seem to remember a few one offs year ago but no actual residency.

Maybe a monthly party at DC10 or Destino or even vista in priv with another promoter in the main room. Quite like Damien Lazarus but he doesnt seem to be play in Ibiza as much these days from what i can see! Crosstown Rebels has released some great tracks over the years!!

He and Michael Meyer used to have a residency on a Friday night in DC10 - can't remember the name of it. I think it ran for 2 years????

Edit: it was called Stink

Last edited:
I can definitely see Elrow crossing the road to privilege next summer and packed it week in week out as they are on the rise in Ibiza and around the world as well but taking the step of leaving a comfortable house for the "giant" is another story .

Many people in the forum seem to be against elrow , it's far from my favorite party but I had some great party with them when they started on the island in 2012 in vista ( they built vista together with privilege if I'm not mistaken) and the best part was when it was still a after in barcelona Sunday morning end of 2000's ( used to go a lot )
Now in 2017 , it true that it 's very different from what it used to be but IMO a good party for kids that experience the island for the first time , they get the show and good music if you compare with other party where they are nothing t about the music ( most of Ushuaia party for example )

Don't get me wrong the music ,the crowd , atmosphere in Cocoon for example is 100 times better but Elrow Imo but still a better choice than Paris Hilton and other on the same line that are a shame for the island

I've said this before and I'll say it again

real Barcelona clubbers have never had anything to do with El Row

It is the enemy

I've said this before and I'll say it again

real Barcelona clubbers have never had anything to do with El Row

It is the enemy
I was also very present from 99 to 2007 in the rave scene in the north of Barcelona ( barrio poblenou ) still live there by the way !​

it ushered in mass clubbing and laid the blueprint for the modern festival format money crunchers that have taken over the city and killed so many of the small clubs

I always support the small nights and small music stores. The DJs often earn peanuts but they actually care about the music. People go there for the music not to chuck inflatable sharks at each other

will be at this on Friday night

https://www.facebook.com/events/155288491727735/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back