*** ibiza gossip 2018 ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think my problem with El Row is that they have turned clubbing into a novelty experience. Obviously it's a huge success, they're a business. Good for them.

HOWEVER - there are serious warning signs for the industry as a whole, because they will influence other promoters to copy the formula. Now if you're 17 it probably is all good fun, but it's not good news for music though. People won't be inspired to make amazing music because the DJs there are inevitably lazy. They're just background, the music itself is an afterthought. And is that really a good thing? It's a sign of how clubbing is changing - that the visual is becoming more important than the sonic. And for me - admittedly an analogue dinosaur or "old fart" as FGP so eloquently puts it - it was always about exposing my ears to mind-blowing records - the rest was always secondary. yes it was a good social with your friends, but the music is what bonded us. And I fear that is being lost.

I don´t think we have to be worried about that too much. I am the same - give me good music, a top notch sound system, a very few simple lights just so it´s not pitch black (no ´production´please so people don´t even think about getting their phones out) and I am the happiest guy on earth. I really think the real music lovers will always persist and they will never turn into aficionados of parties that don´t have the music as actual focal point. I do think that a lot of the 20old ibiza virgins that have the night of their lives at elrow nowadays...in 10 years time they will be grooving to dj harvey at pikes or similar.

OK, I get the argument that it has always been like this but I dunno, I have doubts these days. If you use SPL posts over the season as a yardstick of where we're at, in years past, there used to be loads more posts about music and far fewer about hype. I just think people on here are now more suckered by hype than they used to. I don't see anyone on here explaining why/how X blew their mind, just that they packed a place out. I think to make that transition to more serious clubbing, you need to be inspired and I don't know which DJs are actually changing people's worlds right now? (I stand to be educated on this!)

Anyone's thoughts on the demographic going to Ibiza next year?

So much chatter on our trips this year regarding everything being too expensive and the major 18-25 demographic being priced out the Island in general. Do we think the market on the island is now turning more 30+ with the uber VVIP's, beach clubs etc.

Will we see the nights tailor themselves to that?

I think my problem with El Row is that they have turned clubbing into a novelty experience. Obviously it's a huge success, they're a business. Good for them.

HOWEVER - there are serious warning signs for the industry as a whole, because they will influence other promoters to copy the formula. Now if you're 17 it probably is all good fun, but it's not good news for music though. People won't be inspired to make amazing music because the DJs there are inevitably lazy. They're just background, the music itself is an afterthought. And is that really a good thing? It's a sign of how clubbing is changing - that the visual is becoming more important than the sonic. And for me - admittedly an analogue dinosaur or "old fart" as FGP so eloquently puts it - it was always about exposing my ears to mind-blowing records - the rest was always secondary. yes it was a good social with your friends, but the music is what bonded us. And I fear that is being lost.

Elrow is taking the world as i foresee, see the party by chance, privilege closing 12, vista room as i was expecting other dj i didnt find the room :lol:

No hard feeling guys but music Heard at elrow (only one was really boring among 5 parties attended ) was better than cocoon and mosaic (the one attended was fine this year, not as boring as year 16) even its not the best music im keen on..& its shared by other people..
i wont go back to cocoon party ibz 2018 and stay in dc10 or flower power Pacha :lol:, mosaic i ll go back for sure

All mates on the whole enjoy elrow parties and they are not green grass ravers and may have more culture than u..(me? i don' care about my electronic music culture, im 100% Rock vmv something 1 billion times more neat :p)

Again, give ur drug prescription to enjoy these parties im all listening :D & if its only about the music, why do u take drugs? :lol:

No, are u doing drugs at cocoon party? a regular/clear minds can't enjoy it :spank:
ive been twice this year & rate it 1 star among 5 :lol: even worse than Hyte :D (Hyte with cox was fine but Hyte clsoing :confused:)

I have no problem with the fact you don´t like cocoon even though everyone on here knows it´s my favourite party. I have been to cocoon completely sober lots and lots of times and know many other people that enjoy it just as much. I´ve said it a few months ago and I´ll say it again, your comments regarding drugs or no drugs are getting boring. by now the forum knows you don´t take any drugs, the forum knows you can live without sleep for I don´t know how long and you still drive cars around then. and the forum doesn´t judge you for that. so, how about you are just as tolerant as everyone and stop pointing your finger at people for nothing? sorry about the undiplomatic rant but I´m getting fed up.

u r right i just defend elrow...as some think the music is poor, for people with no musical culture...i know all truth don't have to be told.., i will keep mouth shut for now :lol:

All mates on the whole enjoy elrow parties and they are not green grass ravers and may have more culture than u..(me? i don' care about my electronic music culture, im 100% Rock vmv something 1 billion times more neat :p)

where to even start here... :lol:

Is it feasible that Mosaic and Hyte could die Stivi?
As long as we've got Cocoon, DC10, Sa Trinxa and Pikes that's me happy.

I would like to know what a green grass raver is firstly?

I think he means that he was partying with wise old heads who enjoy the same dogshit as him, and that that somehow kinda negates any of my criticisms.

The stuff about rock music gets repeated every day but am still none the wiser. if he hates dance culture so much, WTF is he doing on THAT island?

Am still undecided as to whether it's extreme narcissism or some mental health disorder

I don´t think we have to be worried about that too much. I am the same - give me good music, a top notch sound system, a very few simple lights just so it´s not pitch black (no ´production´please so people don´t even think about getting their phones out) and I am the happiest guy on earth. I really think the real music lovers will always persist and they will never turn into aficionados of parties that don´t have the music as actual focal point. I do think that a lot of the 20old ibiza virgins that have the night of their lives at elrow nowadays...in 10 years time they will be grooving to dj harvey at pikes or similar.
I wonder would there be a market for a promoter to go in a completely different direction.
I'd like to see a promoter go along the lines of Berghain by putting stickers over camera phones and just have minimal production.
Might seem a bit gimmicky but I think a lot of people would welcome it and it could only help the atmosphere.

I wonder would there be a market for a promoter to go in a completely different direction.
I'd like to see a promoter go along the lines of Berghain by putting stickers over camera phones and just have minimal production.
Might seem a bit gimmicky but I think a lot of people would welcome it and it could only help the atmosphere.

hmm. don´t forget it´s ibiza, people are on holidays and there people just tend to get more pics anyway. that said, I´ve come to think that if the crowd is right you don´t even need to put stickers over the cameras.

Is it feasible that Mosaic and Hyte could die Stivi?
As long as we've got Cocoon, DC10, Sa Trinxa and Pikes that's me happy.

too early to tell. but yeah I agree that what was said earlier in the amnesia case having cocoon/hyte/music on/elrow is one tech party too many (have been saying this all summer). hyte the brand is doing well on an international nevel but hyte ibiza just never took off the way it should so we´ll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back