*** ibiza gossip 2018 ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
A bit chilly last night in the port with Solomon, but great vibe tough!!
no bins available anywhere, right?

42573053_10156140993262763_2428314714623705088_n.jpg

:arrow: https://periodicodeibiza.es/pitiusa...ia-suciedad-generada-fiesta-puerto-ibiza.html

And some people are wondering why the locals are fed up with all this shit...

Some of the locals will be responsible as well you only need to take a look at the foot bridge near amnesia or the side of the roads where everybody stands and drinks by there cars always loads of rubbish left

Is the garbage really that shocking? I don’t think there has been a concert in history where the aftermath has not looked like that. I’m sure it was expected, planned for, and is now cleaned up.

(Yes, everyone should just throw there trash in a bin)
Exactly. The drama associated with this is way ott.

Litter louts cannot be condoned in any way.

But organisers should take a large proportion of blame. A cleansing team should have been contracted to conduct a tidy up immediately after it ended as its in a public open space. The local authority should take another large proportion of the blame for not ensuring that was in the contract.

The problem isn't the number of bins, it's that only so many people can be standing next to them at any one point. Traffic flow is shit at the best of times in crowded places - imagine how worse it would be if everybody went to find a bin every time they needed one! :lol:

Joking aside, it looks bad, but it should have been anticipated. Agreed with the above points, it should be between the organisers and authorities to sort - and the sooner after (or better still during) the event, the better.

Swear people wait especially for the aftermath of events especially to take these photos. Easy to take a photo. Easier still to pick up some rubbish and dump it in a bin. No, it shouldn't be the responsibility of innocent bystanders. But if it bothers people that much, it's not much effort to chip in. (See the various beach clean-ups that take place here and elsewhere, which whilst are for the greater good, it could be argued that they're counter-intuitive).

Just to point out, I was that cool guy who carried a carrier bag throughout, and disposed of it sensibly after the crowds dispersed! :lol: Unfortunately, you can't have amazing public events and litter-free streets. There does need to be an effective clean-up operation plan in place. But if you installed more bins, then that's less space for people, and the crowded zone would just take up a larger area and be pushed further backwards.
No number of bins could prevent this, unless there were so many they'd be no space for any people!

Also, just to underline my point, we're a strange species: if somebody next us handed us their rubbish at a busy public gathering and asked us to "pass it along", we'd tell them to f*** off. But we'll happily clean up other people's mess during a designated clean-up. Weird.

The problem isn't the number of bins, it's that only so many people can be standing next to them at any one point. Traffic flow is shit at the best of times in crowded places - imagine how worse it would be if everybody went to find a bin every time they needed one! :lol:

Joking aside, it looks bad, but it should have been anticipated. Agreed with the above points, it should be between the organisers and authorities to sort - and the sooner after (or better still during) the event, the better.

Swear people wait especially for the aftermath of events especially to take these photos. Easy to take a photo. Easier still to pick up some rubbish and dump it in a bin. No, it shouldn't be the responsibility of innocent bystanders. But if it bothers people that much, it's not much effort to chip in. (See the various beach clean-ups that take place here and elsewhere, which whilst are for the greater good, it could be argued that they're counter-intuitive).

Just to point out, I was that cool guy who carried a carrier bag throughout, and disposed of it sensibly after the crowds dispersed! :lol: Unfortunately, you can't have amazing public events and litter-free streets. There does need to be an effective clean-up operation plan in place. But if you installed more bins, then that's less space for people, and the crowded zone would just take up a larger area and be pushed further backwards.
No number of bins could prevent this, unless there were so many they'd be no space for any people!
Agreed. I’d venture to say that the problem is piss poor planning. It’s not a new problem to the island. The aftermath is just an entirely normal post event picture. The problem appears to be how long it took to clean up.

Doesn't look that bad for a 1 off event and I'm sure it was all cleaned by the morning.

Yes we humans are filthy just look at every Mcdonalds car park. Dickheads just throw their rubbish out the window instead of walking 2m to a bin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back