*** ibiza gossip 2018 ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Completely agree with your points above - they were never going to programme it any other way and I’d do the same thing if I was tasked with filling that venue. My point being, a few names aside aren’t all those DJs playing at all manner of other parties in Ibiza this summer, so what makes this one special? What am I going to get at Resistance that I won’t get from the numerous other techno nights on the island? It’s bigger, so possibly a higher probability that I’ll have more space.

I’d get the excitement if any of the listed DJs were doing a one off at a completely unexpected venue, but to me, this feels a little bit like shopping at Makros.

understand your point. but having seen coxy rocking the sh*t out of privilege last summer, I have to say I do find it great to see also people like richie hawtin (which actually aren't my cuppa) coming back to play this club. also knowing a few more things I simply can't say just yet I repeat what I said earlier today, resistance 2018 in my books looks a lot better than last year.

Last year the production at Resistance was very expensive and off the charts and this year too I hear they will build on it.

The music of course comes first but I think overall it will be a sensory overload and awesome experience.. to have Loco Dice and specially Richie Hawtin and others like Troxler and Jamie Jones and others is a coup for them. I suspect Cox may make 2 guest appearances.. (the way he used to do Hyte and Music On )and do his Pure CC event at Amnesia in August.

I think it will be a great night to look forward to and a good way to experience privilege in full flow.

Can’t win with most people. Resistance has put a great list of djs together and people still morn. Get the feeling if people see a dj that is popular they will automatically say it’s a sh*t night. Get over yourself a lot of these djs (not all) are where they are because they are quality.

They're gonna use those DJs as anchors for the nights and have smaller or newer dudes as supporting acts. I'm not concerned...hell some of the headliners outside S and D are legit anyways.

Hoping it can go till 7 AM...Tuesdays are sorted!

Can’t win with most people. Resistance has put a great list of djs together and people still morn. Get the feeling if people see a dj that is popular they will automatically say it’s a sh*t night. Get over yourself a lot of these djs (not all) are where they are because they are quality.

Or maybe they just don’t like those popular djs and their predictable monotonous music.

Or maybe they just don’t like those popular djs and their predictable monotonous music.

How would you suggest they fill Priviledge? Many of these djs play at timewarp each year and I don't here people complaining with that!!

If people don't like the djs you haven't got to go. People are constantly complaining about Ibiza. Why do a lot of people still go if they don't like it that much.

How would you suggest they fill Priviledge? Many of these djs play at timewarp each year and I don't here people complaining with that!!

If people don't like the djs you haven't got to go. People are constantly complaining about Ibiza. Why do a lot of people still go if they don't like it that much.

People are allowed to express their likes and dislikes. And Ibiza isn’t all about the big clubs btw. Maybe you need to explore a bit more.

People are allowed to express their likes and dislikes. And Ibiza isn’t all about the big clubs btw. Maybe you need to explore a bit more.

Watch the outcry as you are one of the 300 people to turn up to an empty Priv to see a relatively unknown take to the turntables.

Been said before but big spaces need big names to fill it, I'm sure the relatively unknown guys will appear at smaller venues for you throughout the summer.

Been said before but big spaces need big names to fill it, I'm sure the relatively unknown guys will appear at smaller venues for you throughout the summer.

exactly this.

there are great small parties with talented and relatively unknown artists - perfect match.
for the big venues, the only way to make it work is either to put up a circus (elrow) or then bring in the biggest names - perfect match again.

obviously it's horses for courses as to what you prefer.

I'm 100% spiritually with Daviniah but alas the war is lost. The big clubs caved into commercial pressures a long time ago. Unfortunately, there are too few real music heads left to make it work there anymore. However, there are still good things happening beneath the surface - see the smaller club and balearic threads, where the forum freedom fighters hide out. There's no point arguing with the likes of "Woodsy" because 90% of the clubbing industry these days caters to their needs. I try to block those types out and just gravitate to people with mutual interests. It's far more rewarding. Took me about 10 years to reach this level of zen but better late than never!

That Resistance lineup may be commercial relative to us underground heads but not to the general public. The regular folks don't know about those artists still. If Priv really wanted to sell out they coulda just went the pop route...

Let's Rock Resistance at Privilege July 18! :cool: with a go to can pilot close by, b4 for dinner for proteine/cafeine shoot :D

Vista club was quiet empty (i hope it will be more packed as this party deserves more people) with Kevin Sauderson, Dan & Pig, La Fleur, Eats everything b2b Josh Wink but not a big deal, as long music is good, better than main those days
really rammy Privilege closing in vista room Slolomun b2b TOU

How many of those guys will.play the same few tunes over the night.. but you won't notice because it will all sound the same.:lol:
Oh yes,oh yes oh yes..

People are saying See privi in full flight:rolleyes: privi was never in ful flight. It reminds me of walking around a soulless shopping centre with just more people off their heads.. and that was even during manumissions hey days.. bring good shoes is all ill say.;)

How many of those guys will.play the same few tunes over the night.. but you won't notice because it will all sound the same.:lol:
Oh yes,oh yes oh yes..

I get you knowing your style...

People are saying See privi in full flight:rolleyes: privi was never in ful flight. It reminds me of walking around a soulless shopping centre with just more people off their heads.. and that was even during manumissions hey days.. bring good shoes is all ill say.;)

I don't agree. last year on the coxy night there was a great energy inside privilege. there was nothing soulless about it.

Watch the outcry as you are one of the 300 people to turn up to an empty Priv to see a relatively unknown take to the turntables.

I couldn’t really care if privilege had a jimmy saville tribute act on the decks. I was merely interpreting why people might be bored with the same old names. It’s not the same old names they are complaining about per se, it’s their same old sh**. What’s wrong with these same old names bring a bit more adventurous with their music selection? A lot of them have really bad taste IMO and I’ll say it again for the easily offended, that’s IN MY OPINION

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back