*** ibiza gossip 2018 ***

Discussion in 'Ibiza parties and clubs' started by stivi, Oct 16, 2017.

1. craig72

craig72 Well-Known Member

That's not techno

2. zchas31

zchas31 Member

Wow what a powerful Resistance line up...

3. macdonsj

macdonsj Moderator

ADAM BEYER
    CARL COX
    DUBFIRE
    JOSEPH CAPRIATI
    NICOLE MOUDABER
    PACO OSUNA
    PAN-POT
    RICHIE HAWTIN

i'd argue that from that list - those are the "techno" djs (of some form of techno)

zchas31, moesalama and sir! like this.
  4. Kim Wrong Un

Kim Wrong Un Active Member

IMHO everything about Resistance is dogshit, the music, the fascist sci-fi logo (worst design ever?), the crushingly predictable DJs but it's like WIC said above - only a fool would expect them take a punt on fresh new music when they need to fill the place out. Safety first innit...

I learnt long ago to look elsewhere for the music I love

my only pet OCD hate on here is when people misuse the word 'techno'

jimmiz, elmooreo and perrylgooner like this.
  5. white_isle_calling

white_isle_calling Well-Known Member

Resistance... is futile?

o_O

:lol:

6. macdonsj

macdonsj Moderator

for the "new" djs - you probably need the big names to fill it
    a host of smaller, newer names will lead to early closure

zchas31 likes this.
  7. elmooreo

elmooreo Well-Known Member

8. Nobbie Q

Nobbie Q Active Member

I just care about Sasha and Digweed. I wouldn't mind it if it was them all night but we ain't getting that

9. stivi

stivi Super Moderator Staff Member

maybe not all night long, but I do have hopes they'll be playing longer sets this year...we'll see.

10. jimmiz

jimmiz Well-Known Member

Nothing new under the sun of ibiza... Same old names...

11. Nobbie Q

Nobbie Q Active Member

This resistance announcement pretty much means Mosiac is done on Tuesdays at Pacha since Maceo is listed?

zchas31 likes this.
  12. elmooreo

elmooreo Well-Known Member

That was confirmed months ago....come on mate, play the game!

13. Nobbie Q

Nobbie Q Active Member

I think it was said here but no official announcement from the club. The Resistance thing makes it more likely it's gone now.

I also think there's room for different DJs for this event. These are just the headliners

cunninghamali and zchas31 like this.
  14. TWGH

TWGH Member

If that was the first big tech announcement of the week is the other one coming along soon? Still waiting on Afterlife...

15. stivi

if you refer to the two I mentioned last week, that's pyramid and resistance. they originally both wanted to announce last thursday but then both got delayed.

not sure yet when afterlife will be announced.

16. TWGH

TWGH Member

Ah I see thanks!

Is there any more gossip on whether Afterlife is moving to Hi or is it still all very hush hush?

17. stivi

it'll all get announced once it's good to go...same as always.

18. TWGH

TWGH Member

Thanks. Any news on the Thursday events at Destino? I know they usually get announced later than everything else.

19. stivi

nothing on that front yet apart from the fact that it'll be a similar total number over the season as the last 2 years. something like a dozen big events overall. and yeah I guess these will only be announced once the full pacha week is out (in fairness it's just the tuesdays missing now at pacha, but I still think it's gonna be a while still until destino plans start being published) .

20. TheHiredGoon

TheHiredGoon Active Member

Completely agree with your points above - they were never going to programme it any other way and I’d do the same thing if I was tasked with filling that venue. My point being, a few names aside aren’t all those DJs playing at all manner of other parties in Ibiza this summer, so what makes this one special? What am I going to get at Resistance that I won’t get from the numerous other techno nights on the island? It’s bigger, so possibly a higher probability that I’ll have more space.

I’d get the excitement if any of the listed DJs were doing a one off at a completely unexpected venue, but to me, this feels a little bit like shopping at Makros.