*** ibiza gossip 2018 ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMHO everything about Resistance is dogshit, the music, the fascist sci-fi logo (worst design ever?), the crushingly predictable DJs but it's like WIC said above - only a fool would expect them take a punt on fresh new music when they need to fill the place out. Safety first innit...

I learnt long ago to look elsewhere for the music I love

my only pet OCD hate on here is when people misuse the word 'techno'

IMHO everything about Resistance is dogshit, the music, the fascist sci-fi logo (worst design ever?), the crushingly predictable DJs but it's like WIC said above - only a fool would expect them take a punt on fresh new music when they need to fill the place out. Safety first innit...

I learnt long ago to look elsewhere for the music I love

my only pet OCD hate on here is when people misuse the word 'techno'

for the "new" djs - you probably need the big names to fill it
a host of smaller, newer names will lead to early closure

If that was the first big tech announcement of the week is the other one coming along soon? Still waiting on Afterlife...

If that was the first big tech announcement of the week is the other one coming along soon? Still waiting on Afterlife...

if you refer to the two I mentioned last week, that's pyramid and resistance. they originally both wanted to announce last thursday but then both got delayed.

not sure yet when afterlife will be announced.

if you refer to the two I mentioned last week, that's pyramid and resistance. they originally both wanted to announce last thursday but then both got delayed.

not sure yet when afterlife will be announced.
Ah I see thanks!

Is there any more gossip on whether Afterlife is moving to Hi or is it still all very hush hush?

Thanks. Any news on the Thursday events at Destino? I know they usually get announced later than everything else.

nothing on that front yet apart from the fact that it'll be a similar total number over the season as the last 2 years. something like a dozen big events overall. and yeah I guess these will only be announced once the full pacha week is out (in fairness it's just the tuesdays missing now at pacha, but I still think it's gonna be a while still until destino plans start being published) .

Maybe that roster is a "safe bet" or "predictable" (I'd argue there's still some surprises in there eg. Hawtin)... guys, Privilege is a 10,000 capacity venue. Resistance will obviously be needing to fill it (or close enough). Who on here was expecting anything different???? Wrong party and wrong venue if you want things a bit more experimental
Completely agree with your points above - they were never going to programme it any other way and I’d do the same thing if I was tasked with filling that venue. My point being, a few names aside aren’t all those DJs playing at all manner of other parties in Ibiza this summer, so what makes this one special? What am I going to get at Resistance that I won’t get from the numerous other techno nights on the island? It’s bigger, so possibly a higher probability that I’ll have more space.

I’d get the excitement if any of the listed DJs were doing a one off at a completely unexpected venue, but to me, this feels a little bit like shopping at Makros.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back