*** ibiza gossip 2018 ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sankey's used to represent the forefront of clubbing about five or six years ago but to be honest the whole brand is just beginning to become associated with mediocrity now across the board for me.

They're stretching the brand too far into places like Romford and Stoke in the UK and pushing horribly below par lineups at high prices, still hoping to dine out on the reputation that Sankey's Manchester had from years ago.

It wouldn't surprise me if this downward trend in the UK has a big knock on effect for them in Ibiza.

Yes and no. Sankey's location in Ibiza and being at a lower price point than Hi and Ushuaia will bring in those who want to go out after the bars. Not saying it makes it a good scene (probably doesn't) but it'll always give you demand.

My personal experience of Darius Syrossian is that he is a very down to earth and decent bloke. My understanding is that DNS have offers from both Privilege and Amnesia; but as things stand I think the later shared with Abode is looking the far more likely option.

That being the case it looks like Monday is going to be the only potential day of interest to me at Amnesia this season.

Who would have thought five years ago that Pacha would have the best selection of nights across the week and such a number of "underground" (I hate to use that term) nights per week. I could see myself there at least two days a week and that's without seeing what they have in store for Tuesdays.

Interesting comment on the FB Pyramid post

u8bqJue_d.jpg

Interesting. I recall going to Manumission in 2004 and having to hide my camera behind a tree outside Privilege as no cameras were allowed in. Amazed I found it afterwards! :lol:

Surely it wouldn't be that difficult for clubs to impose a photography/filming ban, as happens elsewhere such as in Berghain? I suspect that might keep some of the posers away too.

Interesting. I recall going to Manumission in 2004 and having to hide my camera behind a tree outside Privilege as no cameras were allowed in. Amazed I found it afterwards! :lol:

Surely it wouldn't be that difficult for clubs to impose a photography/filming ban, as happens elsewhere such as in Berghain? I suspect that might keep some of the posers away too.

there was a camera ban years ago and it worked perfectly well (remember when you had to leave your camera at the entrance?). but yeah, all the free instagram promo they get with all those mobile phone shots, do you really think any of the big clubs would want to renounce on this?

there was a camera ban years ago and it worked perfectly well (remember when you had to leave your camera at the entrance?). but yeah, all the free instagram promo they get with all those mobile phone shots, do you really think any of the big clubs would want to renounce on this?

Very true, sadly.

for one day a week I actually could see that working - but sadly, I think we all know it won't ever be the case.

for one day a week I actually could see that working - but sadly, I think we all know it won't ever be the case.

The technology exists to make customers put their phones in a locked pouch that is only opened electronically at the end of the show. A comedian (think it was Chris Rock) has used this for his gigs.

But of course there is a cost, time and extra work for the staff to arrange it at the door and you get people complaining what would they do in an emergency (people have lost their skills of what to do without a phone!)

But it could be a unique selling point for an Ibiza night.

Or the simplicity of a sticker over the camera and if you’re caught taking a photo or a video, you’re out.

Just put a sticker over the camera like they do in Berlin. At some point the promotion of a good vibe and privacy outweighs the free instagram publicity. There is nothing like that on the island, might be worth the try....at least it’s something different.

The usual suspects. Shaping up to be another great year for resistance...

there are a lot of artists on this list that didn't play resistance ibiza last year

headliners

ADAM BEYER
CARL COX
DUBFIRE
EATS EVERYTHING
JAMIE JONES
JOSEPH CAPRIATI
LOCO DICE
MACEO PLEX
NICOLE MOUDABER
PACO OSUNA
PAN-POT
RICHIE HAWTIN
SASHA | JOHN DIGWEED
SETH TROXLER

Wounded i miss this by 2 weeks and missed the closing last year due to flight being cancelled. Wanted to see a packed Privilege

and as you can see coxy actually does play privilege this summer. but there is still more news to come on that front.

Are we to assume each headliner is only going to place one (2/3 times maximum) and bring a selection of their own artists. I've noticed 9 headliners and 9 dates.

Some huge names there so I can only see them having a great summer and as @Bucko08 said above the chance to see a packed Privlege at full blast!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back