*** ibiza gossip 2018 ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
¿Any news about Sankeys?
It seems that they are opening according to their Facebook announcement, but there is any info about which parties? Unusual suspects?

Thanks!

How does that work business wise? Lose a whole nights revenue for the sake of 2 extra hours of the club being open once or twice a week?
I didn't say it made sense lol. Although I've been some nights when it was almost empty (start of July) so get more people through door on popular nights? Well I'm sure all will be revealed soon.

¿Any news about Sankeys?
It seems that they are opening according to their Facebook announcement, but there is any info about which parties? Unusual suspects?

Thanks!

They need almost a whole new lineup, stayed near Sankeys in Bossa last year and there was no buzz about the place at all.

In contrast back in 2013 I went to see Duke Dumont just as he was getting popular and the night was rammed as where the pre bars around Sankeys.

They either need something niche with a loyal following or a commercial DJ that is getting radio play and on the way up.

They need almost a whole new lineup, stayed near Sankeys in Bossa last year and there was no buzz about the place at all.

In contrast back in 2013 I went to see Duke Dumont just as he was getting popular and the night was rammed as where the pre bars around Sankeys.

They either need something niche with a loyal following or a commercial DJ that is getting radio play and on the way up.

They've struggled last couple of years but at least Abode and Redlight gave them a couple of strong UK tourist nights. Their lack of clarity over their future has to be harming any promoters getting involved

He divided opinion, but they have floundered since DV left for pastures new. Maybe the rot was already setting in?

I actually like Sankeys as a club. It’s good for a stress free night when you dont want to hit one of the large clubs. I’ve had fun there when there is a decent crowd. Smaller sized clubs is good for the island imo.

I actually like Sankeys as a club. It’s good for a stress free night when you dont want to hit one of the large clubs. I’ve had fun there when there is a decent crowd. Smaller sized clubs is good for the island imo.

I agree with this and also great for introducing newcomers to Ibiza there as not too daunting and if not feeling it you can always have a good social on the roof

They've struggled last couple of years but at least Abode and Redlight gave them a couple of strong UK tourist nights. Their lack of clarity over their future has to be harming any promoters getting involved

It's a real pity. I remember around 2013 they had a great lineup (Neon Nights, Viva Warriors, Dirtybird, Flying Circus). Always had a great time there when I went. But haven't been in years.

I agree with this and also great for introducing newcomers to Ibiza there as not too daunting and if not feeling it you can always have a good social on the roof

I love these kind of comments as though a first time in ibiza is like a first day at high school or maybe a woman giving birth for the first time :lol::lol:

It's a real pity. I remember around 2013 they had a great lineup (Neon Nights, Viva Warriors, Dirtybird, Flying Circus). Always had a great time there when I went. But haven't been in years.

If there was one night I’d love to have got to was a Neon nights. Play these sets a lot. Love that deep funky twist, with old hip hop vocals thrown in

Sankey's used to represent the forefront of clubbing about five or six years ago but to be honest the whole brand is just beginning to become associated with mediocrity now across the board for me.

They're stretching the brand too far into places like Romford and Stoke in the UK and pushing horribly below par lineups at high prices, still hoping to dine out on the reputation that Sankey's Manchester had from years ago.

It wouldn't surprise me if this downward trend in the UK has a big knock on effect for them in Ibiza.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back