*** Ibiza Gossip 2017 ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha! This phrase; please take care of your underwear - Always Mr Bager's final words on his weekly Ibiza Sonica show. When you see him hopefully you can find the origin of the phrase. A Spotlight exclusive awaits :)

Haha! This phrase; please take care of your underwear - Always Mr Bager's final words on his weekly Ibiza Sonica show. When you see him hopefully you can find the origin of the phrase. A Spotlight exclusive awaits :)

aaaah! hahaha remind me of that too!

dhmqwdekg3o6skvyz.png

looks like ushuaia closing is on October 7th...

He's supposed to be some expert clay pigeon shooter? Lol

http://www.blogto.com/music/2008/04/john_digweed_goes_solo_at_the_kool_haus/

Sasha and Digweed were supposed to come together here in Toronto but Sasha couldn't make it, so yeah it was was sick to hear Digweed play an extended sick but still sucked to not hear the duo. I was so excited for this night but got let down hard core

so on the one hand you thought the set was "sick" and on the other hand you got "let down hardcore"

i never understand this - the fixation on this forum with WHO is playing rather than WHAT they are playing

I know what you mean but sometimes the dj is more important for me.. give COX and laurent Gariner the same record box and id choose LG every time. But its all about the music with him.:)

We went to Moodyman and he was playing behind a curtain:confused: at the end of the night he came out from behind it and had a sheet over his head:eek:. So we never even actually saw him and it was still a great night..

We went to Moodyman and he was playing behind a curtain:confused: at the end of the night he came out from behind it and had a sheet over his head:eek:. So we never even actually saw him and it was still a great night..

haha that sounds about right - he did that once at The End, looking a cross between an Egyptian mummy and Yasser Arafat

not quite on the deadmau5 scale of ri-dick-ulous though...

fair point

i just didn't understand why the guy would care about one DJ not turning up when his sidekick has just played a blinder

I wanna hear them together, because yeah who is playing does matter, as Sasha arriving woulda changed how it sounded. If it didn't matter then the club wouldn't have given it drink tix and free entry next day

Last edited:
I wanna hear them together, because yeah who is playing does matter, as Sasha arriving woulda changed how it sounded. If it didn't matter then the club wouldn't have given it drink tix and free entry next day

I was a bit like this when Underworld played live in Bristol and Darren Price missed the gig due to illness (nobody's fault, just a disappointment) because the show felt a bit more two dimensional and a bit too close to listening to the studio version of their LP in a concert venue but a live performance is very different from a DJ set where you are basically selecting other people's music from a digital archive. Now the chances are that S&D being professionals with vast experience would prepare their set in advance, they would have a symbiotic understanding of each other's tastes and techniques and would factor in absences at certain gigs, which is why you probably didn't miss too much. it's not like Plant taking a sickie during a Zepellin gig!

Haha

Iirc tiesto played behind a screen before too (towards the end of his trance years 2003 odds)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back