*** Ibiza Gossip 2017 ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
So all signs pointing towards Pacha Fridays being called 'Labyrinth' then.

Tbf I prefer that to Knee Deep in Ibiza

I think that would've been the preferred name, but my guess, Pacha didn't want to fully let HS82 own the night and that is his brand. So they went with Labyrinth which is a brand they can own. I'm not involved in the politics of these kinds of situations, but i do understand Pacha's stance if my assumption is correct but I'm pretty sure everyone (or at least most) agree Knee Deep in Ibiza has a much better sound to it.

Tuesdays are going to be crazy for some big periods of the summer!

Maceo @ Pacha
Cox/Resistance @ Privi
Together @ Amnesia
Prydz @ Hi

That is some tough competition and three of those nights would have quite a large British / San An pull. Prydz used to play Cream a lot, so pretty popular with that crowd. Maceo has a 20 week season so he should be strong in June / September, but in peak summer could be tough?

Last edited:
Maceo has a 20 week season so he should be strong in June / September, bit in peak summer could be tough?

Poor guy probably figures Cox retires from Music is Revolution party after Space closes and then gets a massive 2 week event from him along with multiple weeks of Sasha and Digweed reuniting, along with the Prydz residency. I would say def going to be tough for him but i think he can still draw a solid crowd with the right lineups.

the funny thing is nowhere in the world you have more +30 or even +40 clubbing crowd up for seeing some of their old legends as in ibiza.

gonna be interesting to see how tuesdays go
Aye. Decisions. Decisions. Return of the new old school.

I think Maceo will suffer a bit but who knows. They gotta up the weird dark theatrics of that night to really be different.

I think Maceo will suffer a bit but who knows. They gotta up the weird dark theatrics of that night to really be different.

why would he. his crowd is different from all the above- maybe sasha & digweed the closest.

maybe their two nights where deep/ tech house people will choose from.

I think - probably being that for the most part we're all really into our music - a lot of ppl on these forums seem to negate the "everyman" in Ibiza - the casual holiday maker, or the young 18/19 yo on their first independent trip who don't really know much if anything, and are gonna go where they're told to.

These are huge numbers at the end of the day. (and they're also the punters who are paying top dollar for tickets instead of getting in on guest/cheap list)

Getting that crowd into your club night is the difference between it being a success and a failure.

Look at Hyte. Look at Onyx last year.

Putting on a credible underground line-up for the musos isn't enough. You've gotta draw the crowds.

Maceo already suffered last season because his roster was too niché (personally, I loved the line-ups). And Pacha, probably more than any other club onthe island, relies on different venue streams owing to it's capacity size and standard vs VIP % split)

He's up against Together again as he was last year. Together will pull. Because the kids will recognize the line-up and it won't be difficult to sway them to part with their money to go. Sasha & Digweed will have monumental pull - people will travel just to see them play. I've witnessed this myself first hand: fans from Argentina coming to the Social last year. And Prydz - love him or hate him - will pull.

Maceo is in trouble I think. I'm a fan of him and the concept. But 2017 is already twice as hard as 2016. It's a shame.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back