*** Ibiza Gossip 2017 ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's very opinionated on social media however Darius is one of the good guys in the scene IMO.

Always making time for people whether that be in person or on social media. Sound bloke in my eyes.

Sankeys doing a free pool party on Thursdays at el patio. No line ups announced just turn up on the day

He's a prize toss pot...
You may actually agree with him this time. Today's rant is about how Ibiza has changed for the worse with vips, bottle service, money, edm and muscle boys. He's not going to do a weekly residency as a result.

I don't know much about what he's said and done in the past either but on this one no one can really say anything against him as he's moaning about the exact same stuff 75% of people on this forum never stop going on about, and the other 25% agree with!

what others have already said earlier in this thread - to me it is very odd that he seemingly only sees this now. I´m personally not sure I buy the main story he´s trying to sell. but tbh, I also don´t care that much.

what others have already said earlier in this thread - to me it is very odd that he seemingly only sees this now. I´m personally not sure I buy the main story he´s trying to sell. but tbh, I also don´t care that much.
Fair point there like I said I don't really know anything about him and from what it's heard he is abit of a ****

I'll leave you lot to fill the blank with one of many words

You may actually agree with him this time. Today's rant is about how Ibiza has changed for the worse with vips, bottle service, money, edm and muscle boys. He's not going to do a weekly residency as a result.
Probably more like he's been stitched up on a deal , not getting enough out !

He seems like a nice down to earth kind of guy, any dj commanding big money for sets should realise the tables and champagne are paying the wage ..

Probably more like he's been stitched up on a deal , not getting enough out !

He seems like a nice down to earth kind of guy, any dj commanding big money for sets should realise the tables and champagne are paying the wage ..
Exactly.

He's also distancing himself from that day time party presented by dns. Apparently he only dj'd there as a favour to his manager who actually promotes the night. The event has nothing to do with him. Strange that. His name was all over the promotional material ore season.

Darius can't help but bite the hand that feeds him. He's fallen out with lawler, sankeys, north and Central American promoters and now seemingly his own manager and sankeys again.

He's a strange lad. He makes a lot of time for his fans on social media and is approachable, chatty and takes a genuine interest. I've known him to say hello to for a long time and over in northern England he was an excellent resident dj long before lawler gave him a break. But since then he's been prone to shooting his mouth off. He would say he loves the music but hates the industry. I'd say he's politically naive and he never learns. He's an idealist but wants it all on his terms or reacts in a childish way. I was really surprised Sankeys gave him another night. I get the sense he thinks he's toast in Ibiza now after one fall out too many.

Last edited by a moderator:
most DJs I know with would agree with him but wouldn't be so stupid as to burn bridges unless they knew they were never going back. I think there is a recognition these days that only a very select few parties in IBZ will guarantee a decent crowd (in size and quality) and that there will be a lot of nightmare gigs which you just have to see out because you're a pro and because that income effectively subsidises those non-profit gigs where you would rather be at playing to the headz. that's just how it works now. important to make the mental distinction between business and pleasure. show me a DJ who didn't prefer playing raw acetates to 200 mates in a forest than to 2000 tourists pestering him for despacito or whatever.

This is hardly news.

Everyone knows it's been like that for years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back