*** Ibiza Gossip 2017 ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
putting this here too.
we've got 89 free tickets on sale for every dance 88/89 date at sankeys. you only pay a 0.89€ booking fee.
well ive got my freebies for 2 August...really looking forward to it actually. Might split the night but i'll decide at the time. Good stuff.

I want Mosaic to succeed so much. It is one for the musos.

To hear they had a disappointing year last season was a shame. And then more competition this year.

That roster is incredible. Makes me almost forgive him for his yawnfest at Time Warp

anyone still thinking maceo will suffer? ;) I don't think soooo

I'm sort of baffled actually at that lineup, it seems very techno heavy to be paired with Maceo. I approve of it, I just dont see listening to say Dekmantel and Ben Klock in one night paired with Maceo or Rodhad and Silent Servant paired with Maceo but as i've stated on these forums many times before, I just dont enjoy Maceo Plex as a dj from either a technical or selection standpoint.

With all that said, they did certainly get some standout names for that lineup in order to differentiate the party. In my opinion, this is still more of a niche type party though, any average clubber i think would choose prydz or Carl Cox/Digweed and Sasha over this. Maybe it wont exactly struggle if there is room enough for everyone to succeed, but i think this will still be a party fighting for numbers.

Last edited:
That roster is incredible. Makes me almost forgive him for his yawnfest at Time Warp

Totally agree with this. Fantastic roster and didn't want to beat a dead horse as they say but with the most recent I have heard from Maceo being that Time Warp set, i thought even worse of it than to call it a snoozefest, I thought it was just awful.

@Chris L you have a point. a LOT of those names on the mosaic line up are fantastic musically but they aren't exactly crowdpullers. example - we went to see kiasmos last year. I absolutely love those guys. at sonar (or any similar festival/gig), they fill a big hall. in pacha there were a few hundred people watching them. of course this is an extreme example, but it does prove your point.

the most recent I have heard from Maceo being that Time Warp set, i thought even worse of it than to call it a snoozefest, I thought it was just awful.

Half an hour of that dross hoping he was going somewhere with it totally killed our vibe. Then we went to see JJ who was even worse!! Flat as a witch's tit! Luciano of all people saved the day!

WIC, I actually wouldn't say they had a disappointing year last summer. it was what realistically was possible in year one and going up against coxy's last summer at space really.

Half an hour of that dross hoping he was going somewhere with it totally killed our vibe. Then we went to see JJ who was even worse!! Flat as a witch's tit! Luciano of all people saved the day!

Funny because Maceo and JJ are probably two of the bigger names I just totally shy away from because I've never enjoyed their sets. I've been to a number of Paradise parties in Miami and 1 or 2 in Ibiza and always opted for whatever else was available opposite JJ. Luciano on the other hand i have always been a defender of, while i am not fool and no that he has played some terribly lazy/boring sets over the years, I just have always enjoyed him and he was one of the original dj's who got me into the scene. Glad to hear that people have been saying his sets have been pretty good over the last 6 month - year or so.

I won't say much more here - wrong thread, plus TW review is almost done - but JJ nearly always disappoints me... with the exception being TW DE 14 & 15 where he was phenomenal. The sets are on soundcloud I think, I highly recommend them. So I was hoping he'd pull something out the bag again. But it was terrible. Let down even further by bad sound in that room.

I agree with you re: Luciano. He's always done the business for me. When I think about it, the only reason I've gone-off him more recently is because I've succumbed to the general consensus that he isn't as good as he used to be! Similarly, he was also the first DJ I came-up to. So I've got a soft spot for him in that respect. Maybe I should stick to my guns, eh?!

Yeh h
Totally agree with this. Fantastic roster and didn't want to beat a dead horse as they say but with the most recent I have heard from Maceo being that Time Warp set, i thought even worse of it than to call it a snoozefest, I thought it was just awful.
Yes heard maceo is hit and miss, never seem him myself...what type of techno does he play?

I won't say much more here - wrong thread, plus TW review is almost done - but JJ nearly always disappoints me... with the exception being TW DE 14 & 15 where he was phenomenal. The sets are on soundcloud I think, I highly recommend them. So I was hoping he'd pull something out the bag again. But it was terrible. Let down even further by bad sound in that room.

I agree with you re: Luciano. He's always done the business for me. When I think about it, the only reason I've gone-off him more recently is because I've succumbed to the general consensus that he isn't as good as he used to be! Similarly, he was also the first DJ I came-up to. So I've got a soft spot for him in that respect. Maybe I should stick to my guns, eh?!
Luciano I heard him new years in madrid was amazing, richie hawthin was after and he was good but not as good as luciano...saying that first time I heard him so nothing to compare him too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back