Ibiza 2022 impressions

With the 2022 season coming to a close here's what I distilled so far from all the things I've read in here in addition with my own limited experiences (I don't follow other social media on ibiza).
The result is inevitably highly subjective but lists have been composed without any value judgement, grudge or praise from my end, as this thread was intended (even if I may have strong opinions about them at other times).
Only topics that were omniously present/absent or topics which instigated (or failed to instigate) discussions/sentiments this season made it in here, in no particular order.
Feel free to make ammendments or come up with your own list.

HOT
Akasha
Pikes
Elrow
Sa Trinxa
Jon Sa Trinxa
Beach bars
Music On
Luciano
Mambo
Glitterbox
Harvey
Kumharas
Ibiza Rocks
Auto-generated tech house
Business techno
Newcomers
Sven Väth
Pioneer
August

Prolonged season
Upmarketing
Pizza
Inhabitant protest and legal action
Environmental issues
Staff issues
The taxi situation
90's samples
Reggaeton
Phones on the dancefloor
Bicep
Social media guestlists
Airport efficiency
Foodies
Bibi
Jamie Jones
Tourismophobia vs touristification
Cruise ships
Tally marking
Circoloco's bad boy image
Trance nights
Sound systems
Ventilation

NOT
Café Del Mar
Playa D'en Bossa
Bora Bora's final season
Nina Kraviz
Octan
528 Ibiza
Space Eat & Dance
Solomun's musical excursions
Zoo Project
Sunglasses at night
Turntables
Dalt Vila bar life

Live music
Balearic music on the island
Beach clubs
Beach parties
Clubbers
The West End
Paper tickets and wristbands
Amnesia Mondays
Alfredo
Social distancing
Dresscode
Music policies
EDM
Books

NOT
Here we go. Something I've been putting off for ages: "Locals" ruining otherwise quiet and non-music/non-noisy restaurants and cafes by being too noisy and exercising unrestrained boisterous behaviour.

I experienced this several times. Often a group of locals (Spanish speaking) at a table practically shouting at each other, gesticulating, arguing, whistling at people they know walking by, all intersped with other totally out of place banter.

This ruins the tranquility and relaxing mood one would otherwise expect at such places.

At one cafe it was the staff that did the shouting, at each other. Guests aren't there for inter-staff banter. They are there for a relaxing meal. I didn't return.

Sadly the tourists sitting at other tables, typically middle class families, would be quietly bothered and embarrased, yet too polite to complain.

NOT
Here we go. Something I've been putting off for ages: "Locals" ruining otherwise quiet and non-music/non-noisy restaurants and cafes by being too noisy and exercising unrestrained boisterous behaviour.

I experienced this several times. Often a group of locals (Spanish speaking) at a table practically shouting at each other, gesticulating, arguing, whistling at people they know walking by, all intersped with other totally out of place banter.

This ruins the tranquility and relaxing mood one would otherwise expect at such places.

At one cafe it was the staff that did the shouting, at each other. Guests aren't there for inter-staff banter. They are there for a relaxing meal. I didn't return.

Sadly the tourists sitting at other tables, typically middle class families, would be quietly bothered and embarrased, yet too polite to complain.

You evidently haven't lived in Spain.. Restaurants are always loud, bars always have a TV on that nobody is watching, staff always sound like they're arguing, and there's usually a cuñado sat at the bar who's an expert on everything.

Destino Ibiza Music on was really good ,worst DJ was Marco
I had lunch with Netherland techno mate n lovely lithunian worker girl
295€ bill Split by 3
Saw UK mate on Dancefloor but not other Netherland mate as it was really packed

You evidently haven't lived in Spain.. Restaurants are always loud, bars always have a TV on that nobody is watching, staff always sound like they're arguing, and there's usually a cuñado sat at the bar who's an expert on everything.
Indeed.

However for lunch and dinner, I mostly prefer places that cater for quiet, introvert Northern Europeans trying desperately not to do or see anything embarrassing. The word is "matro", which translates as food-calmness. In other words a nice calm atmosphere when eating.

I did actually find some such places in a ridiculously expensive village in the middle of the island.

With the 2022 season coming to a close here's what I distilled so far from all the things I've read in here in addition with my own limited experiences (I don't follow other social media on ibiza).
The result is inevitably highly subjective but lists have been composed without any value judgement, grudge or praise from my end, as this thread was intended (even if I may have strong opinions about them at other times).
Only topics that were omniously present/absent or topics which instigated (or failed to instigate) discussions/sentiments this season made it in here, in no particular order.

HOT
Akasha
Pikes
Elrow
Sa Trinxa
Jon Sa Trinxa
Beach bars
Music On
Luciano
Mambo
Glitterbox
Harvey
Kumharas
Ibiza Rocks
Business techno
Newcomers
Sven Väth
Pioneer
August

Prolonged season
Upmarketing
Pizza
Environmental issues
Staff issues
The taxi situation
90's samples
Reggaeton
Phones on the dancefloor
Bicep
Social media guestlists
Airport efficiency
Foodies
Bibi
Jamie Jones
Cruise ships
Tally marking
Trance nights
Sound systems
Ventilation

NOT
Café Del Mar
Playa D'en Bossa
Bora Bora's final season
Nina Kraviz
Octan
528 Ibiza
Space Eat & Dance
Zoo Project
Sunglasses at night
Turntables
Dalt Vila bar life

Live music
Beach clubs
Beach parties
Clubbers
The West End
Amnesia Mondays
Alfredo
Social distancing
Dresscode
Music policies
EDM
Books

I think Cafe del Mar have really sorted themselves out this season and the music programming is so much better.

HOT
Akasha
Pikes
Elrow
Sa Trinxa
Jon Sa Trinxa
Beach bars
Music On
Luciano
Mambo
Glitterbox
Harvey
Kumharas
Ibiza Rocks
Business techno
Newcomers
Sven Väth
Pioneer
August

Prolonged season
Upmarketing
Pizza
Environmental issues
Staff issues
The taxi situation
90's samples
Reggaeton
Phones on the dancefloor
Bicep
Social media guestlists
Airport efficiency
Foodies
Bibi
Jamie Jones
Cruise ships
Tally marking
Trance nights
Sound systems
Ventilation

NOT
Café Del Mar
Playa D'en Bossa
Bora Bora's final season
Nina Kraviz
Octan
528 Ibiza
Space Eat & Dance
Zoo Project
Sunglasses at night
Turntables
Dalt Vila bar life

Live music
Beach clubs
Beach parties
Clubbers
The West End
Amnesia Mondays
Alfredo
Social distancing
Dresscode
Music policies
EDM
Books

Not list: Es Paradis - things were promising before the new season, several new nights including a day into night one with the roof open announced...in reality the same old under the radar season.

The San Antonio promenade extension - still no signs of it

Hot List : Pacha in general. Think its THE club of the island this year. Ok its personal opinion ...
Hot too : Bedouin .Was a little sceptical. But it fits to the Club.
Hot : Sa Trinxa never gets old
Hot : Croissant Show New owners no changes , still ok. Sitting there and live goes on around it. A little expensive

Hot list: music on and paradise, I don't like the music at all I think it's so boring and generic and they both play the same style music, I don't see why its so popular!

They have both had great seasons though

Hot list: music on and paradise, I don't like the music at all I think it's so boring and generic and they both play the same style music, I don't see why its so popular!

They have both had great seasons though
Similar opinion. Thats the night , I dont go. But there are Alternatives ...

Hot List: Hi. I may not personally like a lot of the nights, but they have have nailed their programming, and finally got that 2nd 'Club Room' working IMO.

I agree with the MusicOn comment above too. Went in 2019 while at Pacha, and it was just a weird crowd, everyone keeps saying that the Friday move made for happier faces, and a better party and I kept hearing really good things about it all season.

My Personal Hot: Storytellers / El Baile @ Pacha. They built the foundations this year, I really hope Pacha stick with it as this one could really become an absolute classic party with a few changes and more consistent DJ programming.

Back