Ibiza 2022 impressions

My personal hot list

Hi @ black coffee really enjoyed it and will be back for 2023, I don't fancy Hi for any other night but it works for black coffee

Circoloco dc10, I love the church! Sometimes music's hit and miss depending on the dj and the crowd sometimes some of the crowd can be quite moody but I still love it!

You know my views on solomun but with right plus one I will give him another chance

Hate Hi for afterlife! But I also feel afterlife is over rated I have been twice before and didn't enjoy it, I always don't like the crowd for it. Also went afterlife for sonar bcn and again the crowd i didn't like and hated the music was boring

Didn't fancy most of Amnesia nights this year, for the first time. The only night I had fomo for was bicep night, will defo do that if they are there for 2023

Camelphat was not on my radar but they are now! Seems like a better afterlife! Will be doing this in 2023! I am not really a fan of usuhaia but will do it for that now, I think I will finally be able to gey my prog fix!

Pyramid in general - HOT.
Brilliant programming and bounced back in a sure and stable way (felt before pandemic it might fade away tbh).
I am very surprised it doesn't get more love in this forum....so much Solomun/Hi/Paradise debate when as far as i can see Pyramid has been a proper viable alternative music and crowd wise. Big techno in the main room and more eclectic, Ibiza vibes on the terrace.

Hot List : Pacha in general. Think its THE club of the island this year. Ok its personal opinion ...
Hot too : Bedouin .Was a little sceptical. But it fits to the Club.

Hot : Sa Trinxa never gets old
Hot : Croissant Show New owners no changes , still ok. Sitting there and live goes on around it. A little expensive
/\/\/\
This 😎

Hate Hi for afterlife! But I also feel afterlife is over rated I have been twice before and didn't enjoy it, I always don't like the crowd for it. Also went afterlife for sonar bcn and again the crowd i didn't like and hated the music was boring
I think it depends on the night and your state of mind. You hated Hi but now learnt to love it after the Black Coffee night so it might happen with Afterlife in future.
Tale Of Us were very good at Hi closing, one of my favourite sets I’ve heard this summer.

I am very surprised it doesn't get more love in this forum....so much Solomun/Hi/Paradise debate when as far as i can see Pyramid has been a proper viable alternative music and crowd wise. Big techno in the main room and more eclectic, Ibiza vibes on the terrace.

Agree. But I think it has had some love. We have 6 pages of reviews on Pyramid: https://forum.ibiza-spotlight.com/threads/pyramid-amnesia-2022-reviews-reports.80727/

I think Sunday was a 'change year' for many of us, as Pyramid was usually what many got on a Monday at Amnesia in previous years. Yes, I know we talk about Solomun a lot, but a lot of people (me included) had not done anything but Solomun at Pacha since 2013 on a Sunday... and this year, Glitterbox and Pyramid was for some folks ahead of Solomun for a newer / different choice.

NOT:

Overcrowded clubs . Pacha sometimes was no fun.

Dalt Vila sometimes a little empty at the evenings Weekends were ok.

Some rich kids behaviour

To go home

Not list: Es Paradis - things were promising before the new season, several new nights including a day into night one with the roof open announced...in reality the same old under the radar season.
I thought the same not too long ago, but @W_I_C's comments changed my mind:

Also, I think Es Paradis is pretty popular among workers?

We do have a few blind spots on the message board. Reggaeton is one of those satanic delusions which isn't broadly covered in here, but no doubt it gets the numbers in. I wouldn't be surprised if the few techno nights Es Paradis had programmed were among the least visited.
Rich kid spots fit in the same category for that matter. That's why my lists didn't include places like Lio or Blue Marlin either. Interesting as well to see how little Beach house was mentioned this year by non-staff members. Economically speaking they probably had a good season, but with secluded 200 EUR dinner shows you attract another clientele than you had with open-to-all beach parties like Rumors. They may have made good money, it's just not People Like Us.

1666092795962.png

Last edited:
Reggaeton is one of those satanic delusions which luckily aren't widely covered in here, but no doubt it gets the numbers in. I wouldn't be surprised if the few techno nights they had programmed are among the least visited in there.

it's horrible but I read this week that Bad Bunny shifted over 500K concert tickets this summer, grossing $123.7M in ticket sales...

Turn your Radio on and you will see : Music Taste is god given

Maybe I'm less militant these days but I don't think my taste in music is necessarily better than the kids. It's like comparing apples and bread. Where I'm at is a trillion miles away from what they like and what most of you like and there's no winners/losers in any of this. The only important thing is that there is space for everyone to co-exist.

Reggaeton is one of those satanic delusions
Sounds a bit like the PSV in Manchester back in the day. Bit "smoky" if you know what i mean...

I don't think my taste in music is necessarily better than the kids
I've been thinking about this a lot in my Renaissance into clubbing again.
My answer is that back in the day - before the late 90's - most people went to just disco's in the hope of getting laid. Clubbers went clubbing for the music (getting laid was an extra bonus) - especially with E on board - haha.
Then with DJ's going mainstream Clubbing expanded and the folks that wanted to get laid started turning up with their dollars to dance clubs.
The people that were there just for the music became more of a minority rather than the majority!
When I was clubbing I didn't once pull or even try to pull a girl. The music and the experience was everything and I expected almost everyone in the club to be the same. It would almost be disrespectful to try it on with a fellow clubber and possibly put bad vibes on their night.
Then early 2000's I started getting guys going behind my girl (now wife) and grinding against her ass. With beer in hand usually...WTF?
So the crowd changed and everything with it.... (then kids came along and I semi-retired for a bit.)
Sorry if this is obvious or has been said before but it seemed to make sense to me on the success of Ushaiaia and Hi etc when at the end of the night everyone is tripping over beer bottles - to me thats a disco.... not a club.

Last edited:
Laura Ferrer Arambarri's reports are always very interesting to read, the one at the beginning of the season was great.
always on point, i agree with her point of view on the nouveau riche,

quote:

"It's impossible to visit these places and really feel a part of something. All we have to do is put on a pith helmet and grab our binoculars to watch this safari of the rich we've rolled out the red carpet for. Beasts of luxury with their high-end watches flashing in the hateful VIP areas, with their highly visible ultra-branded clothes and, excuse me, with their whores is what my eyes saw on my last foray into a beach club"

Laura Ferrer Arambarri's reports are always very interesting to read, the one at the beginning of the season was great.
always on point, i agree with her point of view on the nouveau riche,

quote:

"It's impossible to visit these places and really feel a part of something. All we have to do is put on a pith helmet and grab our binoculars to watch this safari of the rich we've rolled out the red carpet for. Beasts of luxury with their high-end watches flashing in the hateful VIP areas, with their highly visible ultra-branded clothes and, excuse me, with their whores is what my eyes saw on my last foray into a beach club"
Strong, but pretty accurate

Back