ibiza 2019 observations

Soundclouds kick like a mule. Caution advised.. some serious 'gargoyle' pix already doing the rounds :eek:

I encountered the scariest gurner ever in Pikes last night - mouth all over the shop. He said he was going to be the last person I ever talked to. I actually thought he was going to kill me. I just said I didn't understand and eventually he wandered off.

But, yeah, soundclouds, even a quarter is good to start with.

observations so far:

Malanga is an absolutely brilliant little club - music/crowd/staff/vibe last night were all top drawer. We were hanging out with some of nathan cole's crew who were really nice.

Thanks to everyone who recommended MotoLuis - really good choice

The cops are really hot on intoxicated driving. Don't even go there. I've heard people have been losing licences.

Soundclouds kick like a mule. Caution advised.. some serious 'gargoyle' pix already doing the rounds :eek:

I've warmed to Sta E (not my first choice) although the sea was a bit rubbish today. Don't ever try and get lunch at 4pm. Kitchens are all closed. You tend to forget this living in 24 hr cities!

Will post a full report next week
Ahah, so funny about Nathan Cole, he's my neighbor in Portinatx, and a good friend of mine.

my first observation: a day at sa trinxa.
loots of people, but a great mix. and jon sa trinxa really in top shape again this year. i go to his sa trinxa sets religiously for over ten years, usually twice a summer and this mix today was up there with the best. so good that 30minutes before sunset people flocked to the area in front of jon, started dancing and a real party broke out (right when he played promised land). I know this sometimes happens at sa trinxa but it is still rare and what a great time we had. left when it got dark, to the tunes of ‚man with the red face‘. this place will always be true ibiza to me.

I was there too, great party. When we left there were only 3 cars left at the salinas parking area.

Few quick ones:

Weather was the most unpredictable I’ve seen for early to mid September
At Resistance I thought Carl Cox was only so so, but really enjoyed Maceo Plex and Hot Since 82 that night
Captured is getting bigger, I expect it to be three days next year
I was ravaged by mosquitos at our villa, probably down to the wet weather
Only walked down the West End one night, seemed very quiet
Every year there seems to be more cars and people at Es Vedra, first time seeing anyone going around selling drinks too, not sure how I feel about that

Few quick ones:

Weather was the most unpredictable I’ve seen for early to mid September
At Resistance I thought Carl Cox was only so so, but really enjoyed Maceo Plex and Hot Since 82 that night
Captured is getting bigger, I expect it to be three days next year
I was ravaged by mosquitos at our villa, probably down to the wet weather
Only walked down the West End one night, seemed very quiet
Every year there seems to be more cars and people at Es Vedra, first time seeing anyone going around selling drinks too, not sure how I feel about that

some reactions to your comments

• weather: yeah the gota fría was a hefty one - the heaviest in decades.
  • you might know more than I do, but captured three days...not sure.
  • mozzies indeed because of weather.
  • yeah the es vedrà sunset viewpoint has indeed become a proper tourist attraction with all its pros and cons...

We found it perfect to visit in the morning for a coffee and a quick hour on the beach. Was easy to park and a few people sunbathing. This was in August as well.

Later in the day is a nightmare and im talking still late September! I agree with @McRackin in that i probably wouldn't go in summer again:(

Later in the day is a nightmare and im talking still late September! I agree with @McRackin in that i probably wouldn't go in summer again:(

well if we're talking cala d'hort in general, we went on saturday late afternoon and we just hit it right. late paella in el carmen (this is a safe bet, never disappoints, never fails) just when most people had finished their lunch. by 5pm people started leaving and from 6pm onwards we almost had the terrace to ourselves while we stayed there, had drinks, joked around with the waiters and just enjoyed that quiet window, before then people bit by bit arrived for dinner.

but I guess the main suggestion for cala d'hort is, don't go in the middle of the day, either you go early as gutsy said or then go for a late lunch and have a sunset swim (or just before). because as a bay I still rate cala d'hort as one of the most beautiful. just gotta know when to go!

well if we're talking cala d'hort in general, we went on saturday late afternoon and we just hit it right. late paella in el carmen (this is a safe bet, never disappoints, never fails) just when most people had finished their lunch. by 5pm people started leaving and from 6pm onwards we almost had the terrace to ourselves while we stayed there, had drinks, joked around with the waiters and just enjoyed that quiet window, before then people bit by bit arrived for dinner.

but I guess the main suggestion for cala d'hort is, don't go in the middle of the day, either you go early as gutsy said or then go for a late lunch and have a sunset swim (or just before). because as a bay I still rate cala d'hort as one of the most beautiful. just gotta know when to go!

Sorry was referring more towards to Es Vedra. Best to get to Cala d’hort early and get a spot on the beach as it quickly gets busy in summer months!

some more:

I think stivi mentioned it already and he is right: the dutch are eeeeverywhere this year!

rabbit hole inside zoo project was made into a fantastic venue actually over the last seasons, a good club now! low numbers overall yesterday but good fun as always.

i watch watchng videos from french mate i ve just get connect aug 19 through common friend (same dates :july 31 oct 10th but only 2 common parties Satori Matkub & One night stand Carl cox

Destino music on + Solomun (u know im not really a fan from him) sounds nice (Afterlife + solomun should be confirmed sept 26th , not enough fan of Kerri Chandler to have a go to amnesia Abode)
Agoria bmi sounds nice too
zoo project still sounding nice with classic house anthem
ants, quiet nice

shadows/black coffee/cocoon amnesia videos didnt impress me..any pacha cocoon videos with kickin tracks? as for now its a NO GO for sure

Ibz is not all about big name ,full support to my bro on boat party yesterday around Formentera
If u dont know this track ,Don't Go to ibz ! ?

Last edited:
yeah, im more into some drums than violin and Sax...

Good musicians can't ruin a show.

as reminder, the drums are part of origins of Dance.

Is the purpose of Dance music is to dance? if so, so long live to the Drums !?

Back