ibiza 2019 observations

Cringe factor 99% of the time - works in the context of Jazz, played competently. Not electronic music style. Imho.
Aye I agree, was good the odd time at bora bora years ago but now it's very staged.

Although one year on space sunset terrace there was a guy on hand drums while Alfredo was playing and il always remember it.

Do you know a House Track with Sax ? Not many I think . P Funk with Hornsection , but Sax Player ? The horny Horns we're Sax less ...

No Sex wir sax

the es vedrà sunset viewpoint has indeed become a proper tourist attraction with all its pros and cons..
For me it's been a no-no during the summer for a long while!
from next year cars won't be able to get so close to the sunset view point (real name: s'era des mataret)... bravo!

off you go :arrow::arrow::arrow: go to savannahsss or mambosss or bora bora beach... chop chop!

off you go :arrow::arrow::arrow: go to savannahsss or mambosss or bora bora beach... chop chop!

:lol::lol::lol:

Not going to lie the stress of trying to get a vehicle parked and even worse back out of sa Canal is really not worth the short run from Salines. It's only that it's free !!

God, I really hate all those live saxophones, violins etc...etc... during DJ's sets, with all my respect to the musicians, to me are just bloody annoying!
Same these days but Gordon edge on space terrace / bora bora was class back in the day for me

Ian C also was a drummer at Space, often on the Sunset Terrace... I think I saw him many different years (5 or 6?). He was great, just enough to not ruin the music but add a little something different.

Like I've said before, drummers are not usually that bad and seem to blend nicely with the records played, obviously this has a lot to do with where dance music has its deeper roots.
Sax, trumpets, etc... also have a big part in dance records, James Brown anyone? The thing is, every time I witnessed a sax or trumpet player during a DJ set, they always got carried away and went too far trying to show off their skills making a mess of the whole thing, or at least that's the way I hear it.
Like @kimajy mentioned before, all is well in a jazzy type of affair but doesn't really work in a clubbing environment, of course this is only my opinion and my deepest apologies to Lovely Laura which I'm sure she really is lovely.

Back