ibiza 2019 observations

I'd actually not seen her perform in the flesh until last night, when Mark Knight brought her out to do Man With A Red Face at the Toolroom closing. She was actually really good - I was very impressed. I've requested a rendition from several saxophonists down the years, and they haven't even entertained the idea. But she sounded like the real deal!

Maybe it worked because it was just the one track? To be clear, I'm also not a fan of bongo players and the like playing over a DJ so maybe the key is to keep the novelty novel and not overcook it
I've always liked LL, FB just reminded me that the first time I saw her was 10 years ago in Space (as well as reminding me how bad mobile phone cameras were in those days)!

when Mark Knight brought her out to do Man With A Red Face at the Toolroom closing.

There you go, I'm starting to think that she and all other sax player in Ibiza only know that song :)
No doubt she is a very talented lady and also comes across as very nice from what I've seen in interviews with her.

Whenever I hear a live instrument getting carried away I always think of Peter Sellers in this sequence from the opening credits of Blake Edwards' The Party" 1:25 - 3:40 >> @Kim Wrong Un :lol:

Last edited:
There you go, I'm starting to think that she and all other sax player in Ibiza only know that song:)

No way, like I say, lots of professional saxophonists I've employed won't touch it. If you can play that, you're probably pretty good! Mind you, I did ask for the one at my brother's wedding to play Baker Street, and she didn't. That left a real bitter taste :lol:

BODYWORKS closing last night. My first visit this summer, though judging by reports this one followed suit: packed.

Music not to my taste, but it's simply currently what's popular. Crowd, young. I was solo and out of place. FISHER - I find him a pretty obnoxious character, though I suspect that is part of his shtick - but he had the club room in the palm of his hand, and it was bursting.

So, not for me (but no surprises there) but it's true that BODYWORKS has been arguably the biggest runaway success of summer 2019.

It also had an atmosphere... unlike Thursdays. But I should get over that now

Oh yes Fisher arrogant and obnoxious and annoying!
Actually...I had the chance to quickly meet him and his girlfriend in Amsterdam.
He's crazy. In a fun way. I agree he can be annoying on his socials...but that's part of the act.
I think the thing with him is...he's more of a popstar than a dj now. Especially since Losing It. When he played that track the crowd went wild as if Beyonce came on the stage or something like that. Crazy and totally out of place to see on a techno/house festival. I'm not a fan of his productions (although Stop It was pretty cool before this whole hype exploded) but he does make quite a party of his set and interacts with his audience.

Whistle is forbidden in Ushuaia
I had to bring back (i dont whidtle,its just a sparkling one with UV ) it to car parked 300m from it
Quiet a pain to walk when u r little drunk ? and u got a tix available b4 7pm

Queue was empty around 6h30pm

Too much cellphone in the air at Ushuaia ?

BODYWORKS closing last night. My first visit this summer, though judging by reports this one followed suit: packed.

Music not to my taste, but it's simply currently what's popular. Crowd, young. I was solo and out of place. FISHER - I find him a pretty obnoxious character, though I suspect that is part of his shtick - but he had the club room in the palm of his hand, and it was bursting.

So, not for me (but no surprises there) but it's true that BODYWORKS has been arguably the biggest runaway success of summer 2019.

It also had an atmosphere... unlike Thursdays. But I should get over that now

I think it helps big time being on a Tuesday night
Walk over from Ushuaia or the beach club and continue partying

So you were quite drunk yet drove to Ushuaia …
Yeah.to give strenght to wear a ☠ hat

The russian female raver gave me her beer but i told her ,better not as i was already drunk
Big shout to this real raver as solo i couldnt stay until the end as some few boring techno tracks be side House Classics tunes n too pushing rude italian posers
We were knacked 45mn b4 the end..

Back