ibiza 2019 observations

Didn’t realise till I got home, Fook sake! Bitten to f***...that what happens if you sit on balcony and fall asleep I guess!

They will be in the room too. You can hardly see them, but nasty f**. I make a point of trying to sleep under the sheet but still get bitten.

They will be in the room too. You can hardly see them, but nasty f**. I make a point of trying to sleep under the sheet but still get bitten.

It's when you can't get to sleep because they're attracted to the CO2 you exhale and inevitably wind up whining in your ears just as you're dozing off - provided you're still in a fit state to work out what that noise is :lol:. One advantage of staying in the old AirB&B casa, there were mosquito nets over the beds. Not that I ever saw a mosquito in July but no flying nasties got a chance either and I left the door open at night !

It's when you can't get to sleep because they're attracted to the CO2 you exhale and inevitably wind up whining in your ears just as you're dozing off - provided you're still in a fit state to work out what that noise is :lol:. One advantage of staying in the old AirB&B casa, there were mosquito nets over the beds. Not that I ever saw a mosquito in July but no flying nasties got a chance either and I left the door open at night !
My Dad was always getting bitten by miggies...I’m a bit the same....this is the first time I’ve got it in Ibiza however...when I nip over to Thailand, I’m usually f***ed

My Dad was always getting bitten by miggies...I’m a bit the same....this is the first time I’ve got it in Ibiza however...when I nip over to Thailand, I’m usually f***ed

I'm usually fine when there's others around with mozzies but when you're the only person sleeping in a room they've nowhere else to turn but a sour meal ! Horse flies are a different story - I think they are drawn to sweat and it takes very little for that to start with me ... plus they just don't give up till you squash the buggers !!

You guys know if Es Vive club is still open for people from outside? Had some great nights there a few years ago. Messi bought it and can't find if the club is still open and if they still let people in that are not guests at the hotel.

Last night ABODE was really busy - busiest I've seen it, though I've not been loads. Terrace 90% full when we arrived around 02:00.

Just to repeat myself, I'm no tech house fan. And, actually, I much prefer "the sound" of Afterlife. But Afterlife doesn't even come close in terms of atmosphere.

Weiss and MK both playing very accessible house music, sometimes verging on pop. It wasn't to my taste, but great to be in that crowd. That closing party with Kerri suddenly looks even more appetising!

after my first 5days on the island this year I have to say that with amnesia being in this bad state that it is, space is missing even more than ever this season. the choice of parties every single day has never been so poor in years, when you‘re an underground fun. maybe it is just a feeling of mine but still :/

in related news: amnesia closed their merch store on vara de rey, it is now a dc10 store.

after my first 5days on the island this year I have to say that with amnesia being in this bad state that it is, space is missing even more than ever this season. the choice of parties every single day has never been so poor in years, when you‘re an underground fun. maybe it is just a feeling of mine but still :/

in related news: amnesia closed their merch store on vara de rey, it is now a dc10 store.

everything seems a bit 'meh' when the weather is poor.

brighten up, lots of good things in store for the next 4-5 days! and good weather coming back soon.

Bit wet from cocoon20
At Ushuaia yesterday, and there were Kraftwerk show well I left after 20min didn’t like that.

Hoping for more sun and nice party now

I’ve been here since Wednesday and I’ve managed one mozzie bite so far - I’m usually about 7 in by now!

Maybe I’m just not drunk enough ?

observations so far:

Malanga is an absolutely brilliant little club - music/crowd/staff/vibe last night were all top drawer. We were hanging out with some of nathan cole's crew who were really nice.

Thanks to everyone who recommended MotoLuis - really good choice

The cops are really hot on intoxicated driving. Don't even go there. I've heard people have been losing licences.

Soundclouds kick like a mule. Caution advised.. some serious 'gargoyle' pix already doing the rounds :eek:

I've warmed to Sta E (not my first choice) although the sea was a bit rubbish today. Don't ever try and get lunch at 4pm. Kitchens are all closed. You tend to forget this living in 24 hr cities!

Will post a full report next week

Back