ibiza 2019 observations

An observation from Benimussa Park yesterday - and maybe one for the 2020 gossip thread? - a disproportionate number of people wearing Hospitality branded merch at Zoo Project. I mean, if it were trance, I could understand it given what week we're in. But D&B, hmmm ?

Hospitality in the Zoo 2020??

my first observation: a day at sa trinxa.
loots of people, but a great mix. and jon sa trinxa really in top shape again this year. i go to his sa trinxa sets religiously for over ten years, usually twice a summer and this mix today was up there with the best. so good that 30minutes before sunset people flocked to the area in front of jon, started dancing and a real party broke out (right when he played promised land). I know this sometimes happens at sa trinxa but it is still rare and what a great time we had. left when it got dark, to the tunes of ‚man with the red face‘. this place will always be true ibiza to me.

loots of people, but a great mix. and jon sa trinxa really in top shape again this year. i go to his sa trinxa sets religiously for over ten years, usually twice a summer and this mix today was up there with the best. so good that 30minutes before sunset people flocked to the area in front of jon, started dancing and a real party broke out (right when he played promised land). I know this sometimes happens at sa trinxa but it is still rare and what a great time we had. left when it got dark, to the tunes of ‚man with the red face‘. this place will always be true ibiza to me.

my friends were down there too (2 blondes slightly on the veteran side!) and it sounded like they were having fun - when it goes off, there is no better atmosphere anywhere!

words can't really describe what it is like to be sat on the end of that little jetty, feet in the water, when the sun's dropping, you're a bit addled, everyone around you is smiling and a killer tune gets dropped in the background. all been said before I know but it's almost like you've found God.

I remember when they played Pavarotti and I think I started crying

Few from me..

• Stayed in San Antonio Bay for the first time in about 10 years and it’s still very popular. There are amongst the usual down market pubs and cafes some really good venues tucked away. For example decent sushi at Sunset Deeva.
  • The importance of hotel pools. You don’t know how important they are unless you have a bad one. ours was unusable thanks to unbelievably loud crap music and the hotel ‘entertainers’. FFS just leave me alone to sleep and turn the music down at 11am! Not what one would have hoped from a 4 star with good trip advisor reviews.
  • The realisation that I’ve reached the status of a veteran clubber, when people in Pikes look relatively young.
  • Captured is getting bigger and better every year. One cringing moment though absolutely battered thanking Ferry’s wife, that he’d not turned into Armin or Tiesto. Hope she took it the right way!
  • Pete Tong not actually appearing at his own party at BM? A but weird that and talking to people there it happens quite often.

• The importance of hotel pools. You don’t know how important they are unless you have a bad one. ours was unusable thanks to unbelievably loud crap music and the hotel ‘entertainers’. FFS just leave me alone to sleep and turn the music down at 11am! Not what one would have hoped from a 4 star with good trip advisor reviews.
It's a widespread issue in San An Bay, even as prices soar many hotels just can't seem to shift the Butlins holiday camp overtones in public areas - it's the 'package holiday effect'. Think I've used a pool in Ibiza only a couple of times in the last 7 years and that was at night after being officially closed !

Like this?

Gutted we left early Sa Trinxa early now that video looks brilliant! We was going dc10 and it was my friends first time so he wanted to get there for open.

Have to say although short what a brilliant trip that was!

Landed at 9pm and after sorting a few things out got to Underground for just before open. After a nice warm up set Papa Sven arrives and was simply superb and like others have said it really the feeling a cocoon afters. From the second you walked through the door everyone was just brilliant. Felt like the whole crowd knew each other and had been mates for years. Such a good vibe and the soundtrack to match was second to none. Getting goosebumps writing this and so happy to have been apart of it.

The plan was to leave get some rest then hit up DC10 but well as most of us know things never go to plan! Our hotel was just awful, was a last minute booking and didn't do the usual research I do. So having left and got back to the hotel about 8am and neither of us could sleep we couldn't bare to sit in this room any longer. We got up and just thought let's go for a walk. Having been walking around for about an hour or so we did actually start to feel tired so at this point we headed back for some kip.

Well when we got back we thought yo put some relaxing music on, which instead of having the desired affect of helping us sleep actually done the opposite. So it's about 11am Monday, I'd been awake since Sunday morning, and both of us are dancing around the room. At this point we thought some food would be good so walked to Fish Shack which took about an hour and a half stoping for a couple beers along Talamanca beach. First time at Fish Shack and what an amazing little spot this was, not too pricey, amazing food, and the setting was exactly what we needed to get back up to speed.

At this point we both felt fine so from there we got a taxi to Sa Trinxa were we stayed from about 3-6 before going DC10, again another first for me and will most defiantly be back. Absolutely loved it there had a great vibe and the staff are superb. We arrived at DC10 for about 6:15pm and stayed until 4am at which point I was well and truly done in. Sven's set was decent but didn't live up to the one ate Underground and understandably so.

Arrived back at the hotel about 4:30 and got to sleep pretty sharpish. Had to check out at 11am and our flight wasn't until 9pm, which then got delayed until 10:30pm! Was a very nice last day though as met up with a few different groups of mates and although only got a few hours sleep in didn't feel too bad.

Now back to work today and tomorrow before flying out on Friday when we do it all over again but for 5 nights instead of 2. It's safe to say I can't get enough of the place and just love it more and more each time I visit.

Back