ibiza 2019 observations

As I said you need to get out around the island more - nothing arid about the North pmsl it's full of forest ! If you went out in April you would see just how green the island is. The South and West coasts are largely arid and rocky i.e. the bits you stay in.

Yeah there are plenty of foraging opportunities in Ibiza
Arid landscape? Where?
We are not in Lanzarote...

Arid landscape? Where?
We are not in Lanzarote...

Bossa, Figueretas, Vila, round San An Bay and maybe off to the West towards Cala Conta. Imagine if those small corners are what you judged Ibiza by in terms of how lush or green it is ...

Sounds awesome.
It is, for me the thing 90% of the visitors of the island miss is to meet, to know, and to be be friend with ibicencos.
Doing hierbas with them, going fishing Raons on a "llaut", looking for mushrooms or eating a "cordero a la Cruz" is something very special, and unfortunately, not enough shared by tourists...
Oh, and they are the best (or worst? ?) party animals I never met in my life.

It is, for me the thing 90% of the visitors of the island miss is to meet, to know, and to be be friend with ibicencos.
Doing hierbas with them, going fishing Raons on a "llaut", looking for mushrooms or eating a "cordero a la Cruz" is something very special, and unfortunately, not enough shared by tourists...
Oh, and they are the best (or worst? ?) party animals I never met in my life.

I really need to meet more ibicencos ;-)

I really need to meet more ibicencos ;-)
They are a fantastic people. Humble, open-minded, funny.
Why since decades, beatniks, hippies, artists, and other cool people fall in love with this place, AND this people?
You don't know ibiza if you don't know them.

And, about partying... If you're able to survive more than 24h with them when they get crazy, you're my man.
The craziest story I know(or I experienced in my life) about partying in ibiza are always the ibicenco's ones...

@jimmiz you really are making being sat in the UK all the more depressing my friend ?

This is the longest I’ve been between trips since I first come to the island (only back in 2015) but still!

There is so much more I want to see and do on the island, guess it’s good I have enough time on my side to do it all! It’s hard to actually meet people and form proper friendships when you can only come over for short trips here and there. Feel like you need to live on the island for a at least a good couple years to fully understand and benefit from everything it has to offer.

I know a few music heads who go to ibz but swerve the clubs. I reckon everybody in their 40s/50s in my scene tempers their expectations these days. You'd be a fool not to. It's just a case of carefully avoiding the enemy and sticking to late music bars/one-offs. People obv love the island in other ways though. Endless smells, sounds, fincas & eccentric features you simply do not get on mainland! For me, the more Sp/Cat it is, the better. (The golden rule, esp with food). Anyway, I'm hooking up with one pal who has spent 30 years partying all over the world except ibz so his feedback will be fascinating!

I know a few music heads who go to ibz but swerve the clubs. I reckon everybody in their 40s/50s in my scene tempers their expectations these days. You'd be a fool not to.

Depends what you're escaping. I just can't be arsed clubbing in the UK any longer. Slightest hint that you're on MD and some (supposedly proper) clubs will turf you out - probably because they're terrified of the authorities. I had a close call with bouncers a year or so ago... In Ibiza, you can just relax... and that can be more important than the precise track that's playing.

Depends what you're escaping. I just can't be arsed clubbing in the UK any longer. Slightest hint that you're on MD and some (supposedly proper) clubs will turf you out - probably because they're terrified of the authorities. I had a close call with bouncers a year or so ago... In Ibiza, you can just relax... and that can be more important than the precise track that's playing.

Where is like that? Literally never experienced it in a London or the South Coast!

Speaking personally, ibz is a lot more than just drugs but then again you're evangelical about them whilst i'm not

Back