ibiza 2019 observations

Ibiza's true spirit is always about being tolerant and open minded... Historically it has always been, and it will always be.

And this also do apply to music... this is what makes the island so magical! This is the true essence of Ibiza for me... do not judge others for what they are, what they wear, what they're listening to,...

I'm not into EDM for example, but if people are having the time of their life at some EDM party in Ibiza, I'm really happy for them and I will never consider them as sheep... it's just not my cup of tea. At the end... the goal is to have a good time in a nice atmosphere with great people and create memories... And there is no place like Ibiza for this!

It's a myth that ibz is some uniquely tolerant idyll - it's no less cutthroat than anywhere else. Some pals tried to put some underground parties on in 2009 and had their posters ripped down + dirty tricks from a rival promoter & were eventually forced out of the game. Tolerance eh..

and yet if there‘s a cocoon afters, the pirate is of course there
I may go to Cocoon Closing amnesia too if body is not in a mess that day
Just saw some vidéos from french contact early aug with Ritchie hawtin
Sound is nice (it cant be worse than the one ibz18 ?even there is a quote in french saying Jamais 2 sans 3, meaning i hated the last 2 ones i may hate the 3rd one for sure ..Never Say NEVER,we will see with the flow

Guys ,Feel free to say Hello or spit on me ?

Ibz spirit is DEAD since space Ibiza was forbidden to do some after.u take it as it is..VIP,Edm reggaeton,urban music ,pseudo hype Techno/Tech House n so on.. :rolleyes:

Ok a place 100% tolerant to everything doesn't exist at all in the world...

But Ibiza is something special... I could give dozens of examples... And I traveled a lot around the world but when I compare to all my experiences, Ibiza is really different.

Or maybe I didn't understand anything about the island and all the books I've read about it...

Never the music or the clubs for me.. Went thinking cafe del Mar was a night club back in 91 and was disappoint? stayed for the view and been hooked ever since

It's such a paradox that one of the people MOST into the music is one of the least engaged with it on the island. Especially with guestlists and drinks tokens in the mix it can't be all about rip off prices.

Going off season is part of it of course but if there's ever a response to anyone thinking going to Ibiza has to be about parties the craigster is it !

I love ibiza for various reasons, and it is a beautiful place with some beautiful scenes... But the way some people portray ibizas scenery is a bit over the top.
Yes it's beautiful but there are far better places visually that ibiza imo

It's still my favourite.

There are more nicer places in the world to visit for scenery but Ibiza is always there if you want a week away for abit of clubbing, for which I am always greatfull of :lol:

Not all of it is exceptional for sure it's the combination of atmosphere/feel and scenery plus diversity in a small area I like most. Dropping through the hills towards Es Torrent... gazing over ses Margalides from the clifftops of es amunts on a clear day thick with the scent of pines .. seeing the sun set over the salt flats from the hills of es falco ... standing on top of the Torre d'es Savinar alone feeling like your soul just found its forever place... looking out over Xaracca from inside a cliff cave .. These are some of the sights and feelings which make Ibiza really special. Amalfi is gorgeous for example or Porquerolles .... but I"ve never been really deeply touched liike I have in Ibiza in either.

JV you need to get out around Ibiza more ! Can't judge it from Figueretas/Bossa, San An/Bay and some rocky Western beaches.

It's such a paradox that one of the people MOST into the music is one of the least engaged with it on the island. Especially with guestlists and drinks tokens in the mix it can't be all about rip off prices.

Going off season is part of it of course but if there's ever a response to anyone thinking going to Ibiza has to be about parties the craigster is it !
Ha ha not about the prices. Was lucky enough to never have to pay into the clubs and got few drink tokens too.. Right place a right time you could say.. Did buy a ticket on spotlight 2yrs ago for Roisin Murphy at pacha.. Never made it over from San an.. @stivi can I still get a refund?

Last edited:
There are more nicer places in the world to visit for scenery but Ibiza is always there if you want a week away for abit of clubbing, for which I am always greatfull of :lol:

Yeah, Ibiza will always be about clubbing and chilling for me. Don't get me wrong - there are some pretty bits and I mostly seem to find decent grub (another holiday essential). But for Spanish culture I'd probably head to Granada, and for scenery and stuff... well, there's plenty of scenery in Scotland, and I only really get a great urge to get out into nature when it's mushroom season anyway. :lol:

JV you need to get out around Ibiza more ! Can't judge it from Figueretas/Bossa, San An/Bay and some rocky Western beaches.

I just know what floats my boat as scenery and I'm thinking more about the Med in general. Everything looks better when the sun shines, but I'm more a fan of greenery than arid landscapes. I do like old architecture around the Med tho.

I just know what floats my boat as scenery and I'm thinking more about the Med in general. Everything looks better when the sun shines, but I'm more a fan of greenery than arid landscapes. I do like old architecture around the Med tho.

As I said you need to get out around the island more - nothing arid about the North pmsl it's full of forest ! If you went out in April you would see just how green the island is. The South and West coasts are largely arid and rocky i.e. the bits you stay in.

Yeah there are plenty of foraging opportunities in Ibiza

Back