ibiza 2019 observations

Last sunday Saga was very very busy almost unbearable busy until 4am. Got better after. Guy Gerber had an OK set, he was going well but he messed up a transition bad and such a loooong build up to ‘what to do’ in the end. Cool song but not that level.

Bedouin had the place rocking, they had some downs but generally had a great flow and last hour created a great party mood.

Dance floor could be a bit bigger though. Way too many VIP.

i was crammed for Bedouin guy G,last sunday i drop mate 1h20am & chill out around pacha (car has to be cleaned for next day ), pick him around 4h30am
Satori better music than Bedouin...as not many moments where i get bored along satori set, can't say same fro Bedoui, 50% is zZZZZ

Not everbody can sacrifice his comfort and save money for other people
It s so easy to think about ourself ?,spread money n so on, less easy to think about other people (family,friends et home),only close mates know..
With € saved some gift to kids

@white_isle_calling How was the Maktub / Santori party at Heart last night?

Musically great. I didn't arrive until 03:30 and caught the last hour of Satori. Still hypnotic. Dancefloor was full when I arrived, but crowd was a bit, erm, "Heart-y". Then within half an hour it was already filtering out. By the time Jan started playing it was great - pretty sparse but everybody who was left was there to see him, so I loved it.

Musically great. I didn't arrive until 03:30 and caught the last hour of Satori. Still hypnotic. Dancefloor was full when I arrived, but crowd was a bit, erm, "Heart-y". Then within half an hour it was already filtering out. By the time Jan started playing it was great - pretty sparse but everybody who was left was there to see him, so I loved it.

I may try it on the 29th. I hate to be this guy asking this question, but is Santori usually on about 02:30-04:30?

I may try it on the 29th. I hate to be this guy asking this question, but is Santori usually on about 02:30-04:30?

I think he plays a mixture of middle and closing set, depending on how big his support act is.

It's open again:

so much fuzz about ADID :rolleyes: i rate the music 4/10, one of weakest parties i 've attended this summer

music at las dalias namaste is far FAR BETTER 8/10
woomoon 6/10
cox bday privilege 6/10
Matkub satori 7/10
Elrow ushuaia :7/10
Pete tong BMI 5/10
obeach sandy rivera 8/10
one night stand Cox :7/10
abode Morillo:5/10
circoloco Dc10 6/10
claptone Danny T 5/10

ps:let me know wich drug to take for next one as no way to go back sober ?

Last edited:
No at all n not my purpose, but i got Rock music éducation through my former job (selling records) n my drums skill...so not a sheep as main people.
Selling record to variety of people made me réalize how much sheeps there are on earth,only a few are not..
At woomon i can t be impressed by dépeche mode u2/Jim Morrisson look a like Dj/artist..

No at all n not my purpose, but i got Rock music éducation through my former job (selling records) n my drums skill...so not a sheep as main people.
Selling record to variety of people made me réalize how much sheeps there are on earth,only a few are not..
At woomon i can t be impressed by dépeche mode u2/Jim Morrisson look a like Dj/artist..

you may (may!) have better education and skills, but everyone has their own TASTE.

and that phrase about 'not a sheep as main people' says a lot...

Cant wait to see my bro Hippy Francisco? . Sound is not the same on afternoon..quiet ok 6/10
I ve already tried 3 cocoons last 2 years ..a nighrmare..1/10 ?

you may (may!) have better education and skills, but everyone has their own TASTE.

and that phrase about 'not a sheep as main people' says a lot...
Everyone has their own taste, AND, their own education...
It's not because you have a little knowledge in Rock that you are a Bible in all sorts of music.
For a lot of people whom you call sheeps your taste maybe just sucks.
I don't like a lot of artists who are playing at DC10 for example, I don't say they're boring or their music sucks, I say I don't like...

I dont use the politically correct..just my thought even it cant annoy main people
Dvs1 wtf ?it s drill sound ..
In music i only trust passionnate people, those that have thousand of vinyls/Cds, the diggers..not the mp3 collector

I’m so f***ing suck of this bullshit argument about different genres of music and what constitutes a “real” fan. I go to dirty techno nights in the UK, but I also go to some electro swing nights- am I not a real fan of either, or both?

Listen to what you want to, go to gigs and nights you want to, f***, even go to see some stuff that you wouldn’t normally. But don’t f***ing criticise other people for what they like- it’s got sweet f*** all to do with you, and you've got no f***ing right to tell anyone that what they like is shit.

f*** those people- they are not what music is about, and they are damn well not what Ibiza is about

@FallenangelGparsons DVS1 has an enormous collection and when he doesn't make a train wreck of a job on badly rigged up equipment can play some really great sets. I think the issue is you're not a techno-head you are basically a house head, and would last about 5 minutes in a hard German techno club. You always come away from techno nights really struggling but obviously feel very at home where house music is in charge.

You either have an affinity with techno or you don't, and I really think if you're honest with yourself that you don't ! As far as ADID is concerned, it's very E-friendly, but personally I don't think you have to be on it to appreciate the sound or vibe. If you don't get it naturally then it might help if you've at least been on it at some point in the past might make more sense - but it's not out there as a sing-along or a funky party !

I’m so f***ing suck of this bullshit argument about different genres of music and what constitutes a “real” fan. I go to dirty techno nights in the UK, but I also go to some electro swing nights- am I not a real fan of either, or both?

Listen to what you want to, go to gigs and nights you want to, f, even go to see some stuff that you wouldn’t normally. But don’t fing criticise other people for what they like- it’s got sweet f* all to do with you, and you've got no f*ing right to tell anyone that what they like is shit.

f*** those people- they are not what music is about, and they are damn well not what Ibiza is about
Apart from EDM obviously ?

Back