ibiza 2019 observations

It was empty for Worakls last months too, it was gutting to see him have to play for an almost empty dance floor. It didn't help that he was on last (presumably his choice). Emanuele Inga B2B with Luca Radez on before the Hungry Music lot were absolute shite, and then Joachim Pastor played a reasonable set, although, for me, he's the weakest of the HM bunch. Then N'to played a good set at "peak dancefloor", by the time Workals came on at 4 the place was emptying out, which was a real shame.
Forgot to post after this night but what a fecking disappointment it was. I took some friend along who had no idea about HM and while the night started ok, JP and N’To sets just didn’t seem to work, I’m not sure why. I’ve been waiting to see Worakls for a few years and by the time he came on I was over it and put my mates our their misery and we left. Can’t believe that happened but you can’t win them all and I’d give it another chance maybe venue/setting/set times etc

on observations:

this year already 3 persons had to be rescued from atlantis. yesterday a french guy spent the whole night there after he'd fallen down 5 meters. he's now in intensive care still in severe state.

I love the spot myself but IT IS NOT FOR EVERYBODY and this is why us as a company never publicly put out the directions. it's a tiring walk down and much more so up plus once you're down you need to be very careful inside the rock quarry.

a 34 years old guy died yesterday after falling 25meters. they first had been at the torre d‘es savinar and made their way down to sa pedrera ('atlantis') when he fell.

please be careful when it that area guys!

a 34 years old guy died yesterday after falling 25meters. they first had been at the torre d‘es savinar and made their way down to sa pedrera ('atlantis') when he fell.

please be careful when it that area guys!
saw that yesterday, also yesterday an 8th floor balcony death as well, sad, quite barmy that this thing still happens

Bag of 2kg ice is 3.50€ ? at supermarket in bora Bora close to shake n steak
I guess all their products are overpriced
Bag of 2kg ice is more 2€ in any spar shop so raise of 75% from regular price..

What is the verdict on island for tourist number and nights?

We are in mid-August and my gut says "winding-down" instead of peak season. The chatter here seems a bit more muted. I know financial markets are a wreck (GB pound is getting slammed, and loss accelerated since spring), so maybe that is having an impact.

FYI - This may just be personal perception too, as I went to the island at openings and its throwing me off as I am usually there later. Season seems longer :lol:!

What is the verdict on island for tourist number and nights?

From Coxy birthday onwards for the next two weeks the island was pretty crazy. Radio 1 didn't do their usual Café Mambo gig, but it was hectic nonetheless. The heat didn't help. But last few days, there's been a noticeable difference in numbers and temperature. (and I haven't been fighting for a parking space - yay!)

Club wise, I've avoided the uber popular parties since our club marathon (though Cocoon on 5th was slammed and the last Cuttin' Headz instalment at DC10 also very busy). I mentioned elsewhere that Harvey was busy but bearably so this past Monday and 1NS last Friday not as busy as I expected, though I didn't stay for long.

Back