ibiza 2019 observations

@FallenangelGparsons DVS1 has an enormous collection and when he doesn't make a train wreck of a job on badly rigged up equipment can play some really great sets. I think the issue is you're not a techno-head you are basically a house head, and would last about 5 minutes in a hard German techno club. You always come away from techno nights really struggling but obviously feel very at home where house music is in charge.

You either have an affinity with techno or you don't, and I really think if you're honest with yourself that you don't ! As far as ADID is concerned, it's very E-friendly, but personally I don't think you have to be on it to appreciate the sound or vibe. If you don't get it naturally then it might help if you've at least been on it at some point in the past might make more sense - but it's not out there as a sing-along or a funky party !
The Filthy Farm sorts the men from the boys.

I know FGP, spent lots of time with him last year. He comes out because he knows me and others, but I personally believe he still shouldn't. You can still hang out with friends in Ibiza doing other things, not everything is clubbing. You can save even more €€ this way.

I don't get why you would be sleep deprived and living in your car and coming out to these parties still. Sounds like a nightmare to me, I would only go once in a while to please someone, but I honestly think they would be okay without you and be okay hanging out outside the club

@FallenangelGparsons DVS1 has an enormous collection and when he doesn't make a train wreck of a job on badly rigged up equipment can play some really great sets. I think the issue is you're not a techno-head you are basically a house head, and would last about 5 minutes in a hard German techno club. You always come away from techno nights really struggling but obviously feel very at home where house music is in charge.

You either have an affinity with techno or you don't, and I really think if you're honest with yourself that you don't ! As far as ADID is concerned, it's very E-friendly, but personally I don't think you have to be on it to appreciate the sound or vibe. If you don't get it naturally then it might help if you've at least been on it at some point in the past might make more sense - but it's not out there as a sing-along or a funky party !
Im not looking for a funky party,just notice it not as good as the set of Lee B at dc10 last year..
Give me some Laurent Garnier Derrick May OK.
DO we have to enjoy all set?
Erick Morillo set at Adobe was not Good,even im a fan of him..
I just express myself without being a licked arse
Danny T was Ok at pacha Claptone,i saw him at paradise it was awful...
Lot of Dj i enjoy sometimes play Boring set and i wont say this was sick even a big name Louie Vega ,KEnny Dope Kerri Chandler..
Dont u have own judgement ?unless fear of wot other people will say?
Its not they are big name djs we cant say their set was Boring.. too much hypocrisy/hype as in Real life ?
Ps:i gave up following Dance music charts since 2002...so i cant claim to be keen on last track of 2 décades.. i just trust my years ?

Last edited:
I’m so f***ing suck of this bullshit argument about different genres of music and what constitutes a “real” fan. I go to dirty techno nights in the UK, but I also go to some electro swing nights- am I not a real fan of either, or both?

Listen to what you want to, go to gigs and nights you want to, f, even go to see some stuff that you wouldn’t normally. But don’t fing criticise other people for what they like- it’s got sweet f* all to do with you, and you've got no f*ing right to tell anyone that what they like is shit.

f*** those people- they are not what music is about, and they are damn well not what Ibiza is about
100% agree. You also get folk that never listen to a genre for example, techno or tech house but seem to follow craze like sheep and attend techno/tech house club nights.

I really don't get they? Why spend £30 on a ticket to see a music genre you never listen and more than likely slag off.

To me it's always Ibiza and the club scene has always been about the music I love and follow and not the craze or an excuse to get off my head as some do.

I know FGP, spent lots of time with him last year. He comes out because he knows me and others, but I personally believe he still shouldn't. You can still hang out with friends in Ibiza doing other things, not everything is clubbing. You can save even more €€ this way.

I don't get why you would be sleep deprived and living in your car and coming out to these parties still. Sounds like a nightmare to me, I would only go once in a while to please someone, but I honestly think they would be okay without you and be okay hanging out outside the club
Instagram fame @NobbieQ, can't miss getting noticed/photos taken with ibizas famous pirate

Im not looking for a funky party,just notice it not as good as the set of Lee B at dc10 last year..
Give me some Laurent Garnier Derrick May OK.
DO we have to enjoy all set?
Erick Morillo set at Adobe was not Good,even im a fan of him..
I just express myself without being a licked arse
Danny T was Ok at pacha Claptone,i saw him at paradise it was awful...
Lot of Dj i enjoy sometimes play Boring set and i wont say this was sick even a big name Louie Vega ,KEnny Dope Kerri Chandler..
Dont u have own judgement ?unless fear of wot other people will say?
Its not they are big name djs we cant say their set was Boring.. too much hypocrisy/hype as in Real life ?
Ps:i gave up following Dance music charts since 2002...so i cant claim to be keen on last track of 2 décades.. i just trust my years ?

To be fair I think there's a lot of criticism of many big name or trendy DJ sets to be honest and on here in reviews of both trips and nights. Without thinking I can easily mention Sven called out for mediocre sets, Hawtin more times than I can even think of, Villalobos for going loopy (totally off hit tits), the a:rpia:r boys for playing excessively weird stuff. Sasha for a bore-a-thon, Maceo for playing almost the exact same set all over the place, the list goes on and on and it's not limited to any one genre. Plus nights get ripped apart everywhere - just read the Resistance thread.

I was in DC10 one night a few years ago and the needle f***ed on the poor bastard and the sound man couldn’t get things back on track,
Absaoutef***in train wreck!! I’ve never seen the room clear like it!!

Back