ibiza 2019 observations

I did observe that most of the guys with phones in the air at pacha were Indian and not dancing... By luck coming back from the bar I was stuck behind a guy on the stairs so I watched what he was recording. If it was the dancer on the podium on the right it would make sense as she was stunning and a great mover..and he would have a video for the wank bank when he got home.. but no he was just recording darkness and then looking back at it... ?
you are back..didnt see you at dixon closing

See I’ve never really understood the concept coming to Ibiza for a completely non-clubbing holiday.

The beaches, scenery and restaurants are lovely yes but arguably not much there that you couldn’t get elsewhere in the world for cheaper. Ibiza has its edge because of the possibility of going to an amazing club at night, bar at sunset or beach club during the day and just a general culture and history of hedonism

If you don’t have any interest or awareness of all that then why spend the extra euros to come to Ibiza specifically?
I am the same I go ibiza for one reason only partying....it has got amazing places, beaches etc but thats not what I go for

Completely agree it’s not all about the clubbing by any stretch of the imagination, but I would have thought most of us have at least a cursory interest in that side of things.

For people who have literally no interest in going to a club and have zero affiliation with party culture then I do wonder what it is they specifically get out of coming to Ibiza.

I mean on my last visit there were plenty of people who spent their entire holiday sat around the pool playing cards and drinking pints, maybe straying into some of the tacky bars on the Bay strip at night. Nothing wrong with that at all, but perplexes me why they pay a premium to do it in Ibiza.
yes so many cheaper countries that could do that in

I think the general atmosphere in Ibiza is a lot more exciting and the people watching is way better than other islands.

For people who don’t care about clubbing and going out to dinner is the main event, many people enjoy a lively atmosphere rather than a bunch of couples quietly eating. Just another reason why non-clubbers gravitate to the island over some honeymoon destination.

A friends sister and 3 others were there when we were over 2 weeks ago. First time and booked into Nubu for a week all because some Z lister they follow on Instagram had a 40th birthday there..

Why would someone want to go to Majorca, surely its full of drunk Brits pi$$ing in the street/catching STDs/having a pub crawl brawl?

Thats what Majorca is like isn't it?
Big island. Depends where you go. Palma City is lovely.

Just to reiterate what some others have said that was a superb season review as always @stivi - really enjoyed reading that!

Those last few paragraphs in particular really summarize Ibiza perfectly for me and explain exactly why I find myself drawn back to this magical island every year. 'Waking up before noon and dragging yourself down to Salinas. Dinners and drinks in Ibiza Town before the club at 2am' - even reading that now gets me excited for Ibiza 2020 and I wouldn't have it any differently. You just can't compare Ibiza to anywhere else - it's as simple as that!

Now to enjoy a nice break at home and prepare for 'silly season' gossip in the NY :lol:

I feel so shitty with some recent stuff that I thought I would be good when coming back home that I'm definitely missing Ibiza and wish the season was still on so I can just run away there like I do every year to forget my problems

Back